Equipment is a category of additional systems, parts, and components that can improve a vehicle's combat characteristics and minimize its weaknesses.
In World of Tanks, there are three types of equipment: standard, improved and bounty. Standard equipment is divided into removable and complex equipment types and can be purchased for credits. Removable equipment can be mounted on any vehicle and demounted for free. Complex equipment can significantly improve individual characteristics of your vehicle, but can only be demounted and sent to the Depot for gold or by using a Demounting Kit. Some types of complex equipment fall into different subtypes, suitable for particular vehicles. For example, Gun Rammers come in different types, depending on the caliber of the gun on which they can be mounted.
Improved equipment provides a greater bonus to vehicle characteristics than standard equipment. To buy these items, you'll need bonds—a special currency that can only be earned in certain battle modes, missions and in-game activities. Improved equipment can be demounted for bonds only.
Bounty equipment is earned in certain events, like Battle Pass. The basic effect of such equipment is similar to that of the standard type, but you can upgrade it for credits. After the upgrade, it becomes as effective as the improved equipment. To demount bounty equipment, you will need gold or a Demounting Kit.
- Removable Equipment
- Complex Equipment
- Improved Equipment
- Bounty Equipment
- +20/25/30/50% to armor protection from ramming and explosions
- +20/25/30/50% to protection of the crew from injuries
- −10% to stun duration
- +10% to suspension load capacity
- +20% to suspension durability
- −50% to hull damage caused by suspension damage during impact
- +10% to performance on soft ground
- +5% to performance on moderately soft ground
You can mount up to three items of equipment on your vehicle. Equipment can be purchased in the Garage:
- Select the vehicle on which you want to mount equipment and click any empty equipment slot over the vehicle panel. Available equipment types are shown in the Select Equipment window. Mouse over an item of equipment to learn more about its characteristics and cost.
- Click on the equipment and, on the screen displayed, click Purchase and mount. The equipment is purchased and automatically mounted on your vehicle, and is then displayed in one of the equipment slots.
You can upgrade your bounty equipment in the Garage:
- Click any equipment slot above the vehicle panel.
- In the Select Equipment window displayed, click Upgrade in the line with the bounty equipment item.
- On the screen displayed, click Upgrade to confirm the action.
The required sum of credits will be withdrawn from your account.
You can also upgrade the bounty equipment stored in the Depot, in the Stock section: right-click the bounty equipment item and select Upgrade in the menu displayed.
You can demount removable equipment for free, complex for 10 or using a Demounting Kit, and improved for 200. To demount equipment, choose the corresponding slot and click Demount.
The demounted equipment is sent to the Depot and can be mounted on another vehicle. Also, you can destroy complex and improved equipment for free. In this case, it is permanently removed from the vehicle.
To demount one complex equipment item, you can use a Demounting Kit, which is spent upon activation. It can be obtained from rewards received for completed Daily Missions.
The received Demounting Kit is permanently stored in the Depot. You can view available Demounting Kits in the Stock section on the Consumables tab.
Demounting Kits can be used for certain equipment items:
- Coated Optics
- Enhanced Gun Laying Drive
- Fill Tanks with CO2
- Cyclone Filter
- Vertical Stabilizer
- Additional Grousers
- Gun Rammer
- "Wet" Ammo Rack
- Improved Ventilation
- Spall Liner
- Enhanced Springs
To demount complex equipment with a Demounting Kit:
- Choose the slot with complex equipment over the vehicle panel and click Demount.
- In the confirmation window, choose the Demounting Kit and click Demount.