Update 1.7 (December 2019)
- Anonymizer: In the game client, an option was added that allows players to conceal their nicknames in battle.
- Directives: Directives for crew members can now be purchased for credits only in the Consumables section of the Garage, as well as in the Service->Directives section of the Store. Note that Directives for crew members will not be available for bonds any longer.
Update 1.6.1 (September 2019)
- Multinational vehicles: Now players can change the nation of some Premium vehicles. First of all, we are talking about the well-known captured vehicles, vehicles supplied under Lend-Lease, and representatives of historical and cultural heritage, such as the Polish T-34-85 Rudy.
- Ranked Battles update: Changed the qualification logic. Added Bonus Battles for the number of chevrons according to the results of the qualification. Made some balance changes to the system of role experience. Implemented bonuses to Combat Experience and bonds for high performance upon passing the qualification.
- New customisation: introduction of the School series style (American School, Soviet School, etc.) and the Ranger 2D style, for all nations and all vehicle types.
Update 1.6 (August 2019)
- New Tank Line: British light tanks have been introduced to the game. Starting with the Setter after the Cromwell, the line ends with the Manticore at Tier X. With their small size, they are perfectly made to spot passively.
- Friendly Fire Deactivated: It is no longer possible to damage your allies by shooting or ramming.
- Updated Personal Missions: A couple of mission conditions for the Object 279 (e) campaign were changed, especially for SPGs.
- Pimp Your Ride: New customisation options are available in the game, such as new fonts and decals.
Update 1.5.1 (June 2019)
- Session Statistics: A new feature for more competitive players has been introduced. It allows checking and evaluating their performance for a single game session.
- A Reworked Map: Kharkov is back with huge changes, such as bigger size and a new open field.
- Crew Books: This new feature allows you to instantly increase the proficiency level of your crews. Those Crew Books can be earned through missions and other events or purchased.
- Improvements to Medium Tanks: The high-tier vehicles of the Leopard 1 and STB-1 lines have been changed and overall improved. They are now more different from one another, each excelling at their own role.
Update 1.5 (May 2019)
- Ranked Battles: A new season of Ranked Battles brings new features to this competitive game mode.
- New Premium Account: Introduction of a World of Tanks Premium Account only featuring exclusive bonuses.
- Excluded Maps: One map can now be excluded by the player in standard battles.
- New Vehicles: High-tier Swedish medium tanks with hydropneumatic suspension, sloped armour, and high damage per shot.
- Improvements to vehicles: The Emil I, Emil II and Kranvagn have been revised. SPGs have been rebalanced. The Type 4 Heavy, the Type 5 and the FV4005 Stage II have seen changes to their combat parameters as well.
Update 1.4.1 (March 2019)
- New Features: Rewards for Merit are awarded for a strong performance in battle with Tier V-X vehicles. They offer consumables, Bonds, Credits and even Blueprints, for faster vehicle research.
- Customisation: Introduction of the crew skins, featuring historical figures of fancy, cool and even slightly strange characters.
Update 1.4 (February 2019)
- Vehicles: Introduction of wheeled vehicles in the French tech tree, leading up to the Panhard EBR 105. New mechanics were implemented, such as the Rapid and Cruise modes, and improved auto-aim for this class.
- Maps: Ghost Town makes its comeback and is now available in Random Battles.
- Personal Missions: The Second Front conditions have been updated.
- Technological Feature: Concurrent Rendering Support was added for a boost in performance.
Update 1.3 (December 2018)
- Maps: Hinterland map introduced in Grand Battles. Mink, Studzianki, Westfield, Ensk and Serene Coast have been improved.
- Customisation: Introductions of the decals for Premium Tier VIII and Tier X, new information about removing exterior elements added when you sell vehicles.
- Personal Missions: The Second Front conditions have been improved.
- Improvement to vehicles: The T55 A, Object 260 and IS-3A have been improved.
Update 1.2 (October 2018)
- Maps: Empire's Border has been introduced. Widepark and Highway have been reworked in HD. Other maps were improved.
- Customisation: The customisation window has been changed.
- Clans: The clan creation system has been improved.
- Improvement to vehicles: The KV-5, IS-6, FCM 50 t, 112, WZ-111/Alpine Tiger, M6A2E1, T-34-3, Type 59, T26E4 SuperPershing and the 8.8 cm Pak 43 Jagdtiger have been improved.
Update 1.1 (August 2018)
- New Personal Missions: The Second Front takes you on a journey to win the Excalibur, the Chimera, and the Object 279.
- Maps: Studzianki and Minsk are now available in the game. Pilsen has been reworked in HD and reintroduced to the game. Other maps were improved.
- New Nation: the Polish tree joins the battle with 10 new vehicles!
- Stronghold mode: a new functionality to help players find teammates.
- Customisation: you can now customise all Tier IX vehicles.
Update 1.0.2 (June 2018)
- Two Soviet top-tier vehicles: After the Soviet Tech Tree revision with Update 9.22, the incomplete lines have been filled with the Object 277 and the K-91.
- Changes to Soviet vehicles: The Object 268 v4's performance has been decreased, and the Object 430 Version II was rebalanced to fit into its new role as a long-range supporter.
- Improvements to maps: Fjords, Erlenberg, Malinovka, and Mountain Pass have been changed to be more balanced and fun to play.
- Customisation: Now it's possible to fully customise all Tier VI and VIII vehicles.
Update 1.0.1 (May 2018)
- New Nation In-Game: Italy joins World of Tanks with a branch of medium tanks leading up to the Progetto M40 mod. 65.
- Autoreloader Mechanic: Currently reserved for the Italians, this mechanic acts like a conventional autoloader. However, each shell is loaded separately.
- Frontline mode: A new mode has been introduced, available for a month. Enjoy 30 vs. 30 battles on Tier VIII with respawn, multiple bases, and objectives to destroy.
- Premium Items: Both Premium consumables and ammunition are now only available for credits.
- Province: This summer map, previously been removed from the game, is now back and completely revamped.
Update 1.0 (March 2018)
- Revamped Graphics: World of Tanks looks more stunning than ever without any drop in performance.
- HD Maps: 30 battlefields have been reworked with more beautiful graphics than ever before.
- Music 2.0: Apart from improved sounds, all in-game music has been remastered.
- New Garage: It's time to get a breath of fresh air!
Update 9.22 (February 2018)
- New Soviet heavy tank line: Researchable from the IS, these Soviet heavy tanks feature rear-mounted turrets and high-calibre armament. This line ends with the Object 705A.
- Changes to Soviet medium tanks: The Object 430 was changed and shifted to Tier IX, and the Object 430U is now at the top of the line.
- Changes to Soviet tank destroyers: Starting with the SU-100M1, this line is now focusing on close-combat. Armour was improved and accuracy decreased. The Object 263 was changed and shifted to Tier IX, the Object 268 Variant 4 takes its place at Tier X. The SU-122-54 was removed.
- Two open Soviet lines: Tier X vehicles following the Object 430 Variant II and the T-10 will be announced at a later date.
- Ranked Battles: Season lasts 21 days, one stage, reworked conditions of earning chevrons, new rank shields, and different rewards.
Update 9.21 (December 2017)
- New customisation system: More freedom in personalising your own vehicles with colours, patterns, and emblems for different parts of the vehicle. An option has been added to only show historical camouflages in battle.
- FV217 Badger: This new British Tier X tank destroyer replaces the FV215b (183) in the tech tree, which becomes a special vehicle. Its gameplay is now in line with the preceding vehicles in the line.
- Improvements to British vehicles: Along with the introduction of a new Tier X tank destroyer, other vehicles of this line have been improved, especially in terms of armour.
- More French heavy tanks: An alternative heavy tank line has been added to the French tech tree, ending with the AMX M4 mle. 54. They feature non-autoloader guns and tough frontal armour.
- New map for Grand Battles: Klondike has been introduced in this update and is the second map for the most recently added Random Battle type.
Update 9.20.1 (October 2017)
- Revised Personal Missions: Simplified mission conditions, plus introduction of orders to skip missions
- Bonds for Medals: Added the possibility to earn Bonds by obtaining Hero and Epic medals. The amount of Bonds varies per tier.
- Matchmaking improvements: Now vehicles of the same role (e.g. support heavy tanks or super-heavy tanks) are matched against each other.
- Super Conqueror: This new British Tier X heavy tank replaces the FV215b in the tech tree. The FV215b is now a special vehicle.
- Improvements to British vehicles: The combat parameters of mid and high-tier British heavy tanks, medium tanks and tank destroyers were improved.
- Balance changes to Tier X light tanks: Several top-tier light tanks were improved to increase their battle efficiency.
Update 9.20 (August 2017)
- New battle type: The Random battles have been extended with Grand battles (30 vs 30), limited to Tier X vehicles.
- New map for Grand Battles: Nebelburg was introduced for the 30 vs 30 battle mode. Size: 1.4 x 1.4 km
- Chinese tank destroyers: A new branch of Chinese tank destroyers has been added to the game, with the WZ-113G FT as the top-tier vehicle.
- AMX 50 Foch B: This vehicle replaced the AMX 50 Foch 155 in the tech tree. The AMX 50 Foch 155 is now a special vehicle.
- Balance changes to medium tanks: A variety of medium tanks from all nations were improved to make them more competitive.
Update 9.19.1 (July 2017)
- First Polish vehicle: The Pudel, a Polish Tier VI medium tank, is now available in the game.
- Changes to SPGs: One artillery can join a platoon. Other minor changes have been introduced.
- Boot Camp: A new and improved PvE tutorial for new players with many different scenarios to cover the basics of battle.
- Revised Personal Missions: Simplified mission conditions and changes to SPG missions because of the stun mechanics.
- WZ-111-5A: A new Chinese Tier X heavy tank is now available in the game, and can be researched through the WZ-111 model 1-4, next to the 113.
Update 9.19 (May 2017)
- Ranked Battles: A new seasonal game mode for Tier X only. Climb up the ranks and unlock bigger and better rewards!
- New currency: Next to the Ranked Battles, Bonds have been introduced, with which you can purchase Improved Equipment and Directives.
Update 9.18 (April 2017)
- New matchmaking system: Now, teams are created with the 3/5/7 for 3-tier and 5/10 for 2-tier matches.
- Revision of SPG gameplay: The focus for SPGs is no longer on dealing huge damage but on stunning enemy vehicles. New shell trajectory perspective has been added.
- Tier X light tanks: The light tank branches have been reshuffled and five top-tier light tanks have been introduced – T-100 LT, Rhm. Panzerwagen, AMX 13 105, Sheridan, and the WZ-132-1.
- Reusable consumables: Now, after using a consumable, you can re-use it after a cooldown of 90 seconds.
Update 9.17.1 (February 2017)
- Reworked minimaps: For better visibility, the minimaps have been given a new style.
- New German vehicles: The Maus has its own branch now. The VK 100.01 (P) on Tier VIII and Mäuschen on Tier IX have been introduced. The Pz.Kpfw. VII has been introduced as well and can now be researched via the VK 45.02 (P) Ausf. B.
- Balance changes: A vast variety of vehicles, mainly British and German ones, have been improved.
Update 9.17 (December 2016)
- New nation: The Swedes have arrived! Two branches have been introduced, one leading up to the Kranvagn (Tier X heavy tank), the other ending with the Strv 103B (Tier X tank destroyer)
- Siege and Travel modes: Exclusive to high-tier Swedish tank destroyers, those modes either increase the firepower or speed of the vehicle.
- Balance changes: Several dated Premium vehicles have been improved to make them more competitive and profitable.
Update 9.16 (October 2016)
- Performance notifications: Damage panel, battle-performance badges and fire-direction indicators have been added to the battle user interface.
- Changes to the visibility system: The spotting delay has been reduced, therefore vehicles are spotted faster when they leave their cover.
- In-game comparison: Now you can compare vehicles in the game with different setups modules, crew skills, etc.
- Sound improvements: Better sounds for different damaged modules, the magnitude of damage and more have been introduced to the game.
Update 9.15.1 (July 2016)
>Small update with several fixes and improvements.
- Sound improvements
- Personal Reserves can now be purchased in-game.
- New HD models
Update 9.15 (May 2016)
- Updated Garage UI: New style with collapsing and expanding categories containing combat parameters. Said parameters are now more interactive and change depending on the crew, equipment, and consumables.
- Rampage mode: The mode and the missions have been disabled.
- Grille 15: This new German Tier X tank destroyer replaces the Waffenträger auf E 100 as it fits better into the line. The statistics for the Waffenträger auf E 100 are saved separately.
- Balance changes: Many Japanese, but also other vehicles have been rebalanced.
Update 9.14 (March 2016)
- Improved vehicle physics: The movement physics have been updated. Now it’s possible to flip a vehicle over or drift around turns by using the handbrake.
- Sound system revamped: FMOD sound engine has been replaced with ‘Audiokinetic Wwise’, which offers more possibilities and is more resource-friendly.
- New map: Ravaged Capital has been added to the Rampage mode. This map is based on Paris.
- Map changes: Because of the physics improvements, some maps have been changed to compliment those improvements.
Update 9.13 (December 2015)
- New nation: Czechoslovakia is now present in the game with one vehicle branch leading up to the TVP T50/51, the Tier X medium tank.
- Vehicle rebalances: 37 vehicles have been changed/improved to make them more competitive.
Update 9.12 (November 2015)
- Centurion Action X: This vehicle replaces the FV4202 (Tier X British medium tank) in the British Tech Tree. The FV4202 has been removed.
- Bots for beginners: New players will be fighting bots for their first battles to get acquainted with the gameplay and controls.
- New map: Berlin was introduced to the Rampage mode.
- New low-tier American TDs: The infamous T18 and T82 have been replaced with the T3 HMC (Tier II) and T56 GMC (Tier III). The T18 is now an SPG (Tier III), same for the T82 (Tier IV).
Update 9.10 (September 2015)
- Japanese heavy tanks: A new branch has been added with Japanese super-heavy tanks, with the Type 5 Heavy at the top.
- Maps removed: Hidden Village, Pearl River, and Province are no longer available in Random Battles.
Update 9.9 (July 2015)
- Steel Hunt: A new game mode was added to the Rampage mode.
- Spähpanzer I C: This new German light tank replaces the Aufklärungspanzer Panther on Tier VII.
- Damage model changes: A critical error has been fixed that caused low-penetration guns to punch through thick armour.
- Visual model changes: Several vehicles saw changes to their visual appearance.
Update 9.8 (May 2015)
- Domination: The first game mode of the Rampage mode has been introduced.
- Battles for Stronghold: For Strongholds of level V–VII battles are now to be fought with Tier VIII vehicles. Also, it’s now possible to add a restriction for those for certain time periods.
- Personal Reserves: A new type of bonus has been added to the game. Activate Personal Reserves, whenever you want and benefit from different bonuses for one or two hours.
- Removed map: Komarin is no longer available in Random battles.
Update 9.7 (April 2015)
- New low-tier experience: New players and veterans are no longer matched together in low-tier battles (Tier I–III).
- SPG rebalance: The view range of most SPGs in the game has been drastically reduced.
- New French vehicles: Several new low and top-tier vehicles have been introduced. The Tier X vehicle of the alternative medium tank branch is the AMX 30 B.
- Maps: Overlord, dedicated to the Allied landing in Normandy in 1944, has been introduced. Northwest, however, is no longer available in Random Battles.
Update 9.6 (February 2015)
- Strongholds: New combat reserves introduced, Artillery Strike and Airstrike, which can be used in battle (Stronghold mode only).
- General accuracy change: Amount of hits going directly in the very centre has been slightly reduced.
- Chat system improvements: New friend list and chat options have been introduced.
Update 9.5 (December 2014)
- New vehicles: The second branch of British tank destroyers has been added to the game, ending with the FV4005 Stage II on Tier X.
- New maps: Ghost Town (for Team Battles), Mittengard (for low-tier battles), and Winterberg (Ruinberg in Winter mode).
- Maps removed: Severogorsk and Ruinberg on Fire have been removed from the game.
- AFK warnings: In case players are inactive in the game, they’ll get issued a warning in the game. Further inaction will result in a cut of rewards and ultimately a game ban.
Update 9.4 (November 2014)
- New map: Stalingrad, a city map, has been added to the game.
- Team Battles: Format changed from 7/42 to 7/54, with Tier VIII as the highest tier.
- Strongholds: Major improvements and changes added.
Update 9.3 (September 2014)
- Strongholds: Both the War Department and the Legionnaires feature have been added to the game.
- Light tanks: New high-tier light tanks have been added for USA, USSR, and Germany. Existing light tanks have been rebalanced.
- Transmissions: Some vehicles with the transmission in front are no longer set on fire when getting hit. However, the engine can still be damaged.
- Murovanka: Complete change of the map. Size has been increased from 800x800 to 1000x1000m, and spawn points were adjusted.
- KV-1S: This Soviet vehicle is now split in two – the KV-1S on Tier V, and the KV-85 on Tier VI.
Update 9.2 (July 2014)
- New game mode for clans: Strongholds have been introduced to the game. This is a game mode for clans to battle for Industrial resources, which can be used to purchase Reserves granting different types of bonuses.
- Maps: An altered version of the map Prokhorowka was added, called Fiery Salient. Other maps were corrected and slightly changed or have been removed for specific modes.
Update 9.1 (June 2014)
- New map: Kharkov has been added to the game.
- Historical Battles: Siege of Tobruk scenario added, Battle of Kursk and Battle of the Bulge have been removed.
- Marks of Excellence: An indicator of skill for avid tankers. Those have to be earned on each individual vehicle (Tier V–X), and up to three can be earned. The difficulty increases for each Mark of Excellence you earned on a specific vehicle – while the 1st might be relatively easy to get, the third one is a real achievement.
Update 9.0 (April 2014)
- HD models: With this update, all older vehicles are gradually updated to HD, and all new vehicles introduced to the game already come with HD textures.
- New game mode: Historical Battles are now available in the game. Different historical scenarios can be played with different vehicles that were used in the real battle back in World War II. Three scenarios are available at the moment: Battle of Kursk, Battle of the Bulge, and Operation Spring Awakening.
- Confrontation: The game mode has been removed entirely.
Update 8.11 (February 2014)
- New game mode: Confrontation is an alternative to Random battles. While the rules stay the same, all vehicles of one nation are matched against another one, for example, Germany vs. USSR or France vs. the USA. This battle mode is available for all tiers.
- New maps: Windstorm, a winter map, has been added. Two other maps have been introduced as well that are alternative versions of already existing maps: Ruinberg on Fire and Winter Himmelsdorf. The map Port, however, has been removed.
- Team damage: The algorithm for this system has been changed. Now, damage dealt to a platoon mate will be punished. For SPGs, the algorithm is now considering splash damage and is now more forgiving in this case.