The AMX 50 100 heavy tank was a further development of the M4 project. The first prototype was built in 1949. The 55-ton vehicle featured a 100-mm gun in the oscillating turret. The prototype was tested with gasoline and diesel engines from 1950 through 1952. The vehicle never entered mass production nor saw service.
Characteristics are specified for vehicles with crews trained to 100%.