Issue 6 of the magazine has been deployed and is now ready to make its way to your mobile device! Here's a handy summary of the juicy topics we are covering:
In This Issue
- Sikorsky’s Dragonflies of Steel: At the beginning of the 20th century, after the internal combustion engine was invented, engineers on both sides of the Atlantic engaged in a fierce race, watched enthusiastically by common men. Progress in aircraft design owes a lot to Igor Sikorsky—an engineer known worldwide as the inventor of the first mass-produced helicopter.
- Rocket Artillery: During World War II, rocket artillery enjoyed tremendous growth, which made it one of the most dangerous and widely used modern weapons. Read our article about its development.
- Queen of the Battlefield: The Matilda can safely be called one of the most controversial combat vehicles of World War II. What is even more amazing is that this outdated and design-specific vehicle fought throughout the entire war. Did the vehicle deserve the “Queen of the Battlefield” nickname? Let’s find out.
- Being a Gunner: The Commander of the 2S3 Akatsiya 152-mm self-propelled howitzer talks about his vocation and about the knowledge and skills required to be a gunner.
- The Power of Words: Words spoken at the right moment can inspire soldiers to engage in a skirmish or save someone’s life, and encourage people to call for resistance or for peace. Read our article about five quotes that went down in history and the circumstances in which they were said.
- Anti-Tank Symphony: A story about how a musical instrument lent its name to a prototype for a legendary rocket launcher.
- Training Battle: What’s inside? Hunting a wild beast, fighting zombie tankers, racing, and playing “hide-and-seek”—these are the wonderful features of the Training Battle mode.
- Swedish Machine Gun: Update 9.16 is remembered by many players not only for the introduction of the improved visibility system and the Paris map, but also for the addition of a newcomer to the Premium Shop—Premium Swedish Tier VI Strv m/42-57 Alt A.2. Let’s find out what the first Swede in World of Tanks is like.
- Plans for the Future: Read the interview with developers of World of Tanks and World of Warships to learn about first hand about changes to your favourite games in 2017!
- Quiz: Give correct answers to the questions, made for true World of Tanks and WoT Magazine fans, and get a chance to win one of 200 Type 62 tanks.
If you’ve missed the previous issues of the magazine, just follow one of the links below to be directed to your device’s store. Upon downloading the app, you can get access to the entire back catalogue.
If there’s anything you’d like to see in the next issue of World of Tanks Magazine, don’t hesitate to contact the editors. They love hearing your suggestions!
Download World of Tanks Magazine Issue 6 on iOS and Android.
Enjoy the read, Commanders!