Progress towards the upcoming version 8.0 for World of Tanks continues with the second part of our public test. We’re still looking to finalise some settings and tweak some properties in order to roll out the new physics, which continues to be the main focus of our testing efforts. Wargaming is extending an invitation to all players to join this new adventure, so that we can gather more informative data and ensure the game’s quality for the future.
The third public test starts today (September 18th).
Taking part in the public test is your chance to let us know your thoughts and suggestions on forthcoming updates. This means we can review your feedback and make any further changes before the update goes live.
All World of Tanks players are eligible to take part in the public test. You don’t need to be an experienced tester to join in; you just need to be willing to try out as many of the new features as you can and send us your feedback!
Main Features of Version 8.0
- New Physics
- Reworking of maps
- New Soviet Tank Destroyers
- UI Improvements
How the Public Test Works
When it is time to run a public test, the developers will release a test version of the client. This can be downloaded by following theinstructions below. Make sure that you follow all of the instructions carefully, so that you don’t accidentally cause problems to your main play account.
Your test client account will usually be a copy of your play account, meaning that all the vehicles purchased and research that you have completed will be the same. However, please note:
- The test account is completely separate to your normal account. Achievements and research that you complete on the test client will not be carried over to your play account.
- Financial transactions are not possible on the test server and payments will not be accepted.
- Depending on the needs of the test, your test account may be credited with gold, credits or experience. In addition the experience gain rate may be increased substantially.
- The test server is subject to the same EULA and general rules as the World of Tanks game server. This means that you still need to play nice and enjoy the game with the community.
Once you have logged into the test client, you are encouraged to play as much or as little as you want. Feel free to try out all the new features and see what you can do!
Once you have been playing for a while, please let us know your feedback by posting to these special forum threads: The first is for bug reports and the second is for general feedback about the test version. The community managers will collect up all your responses on the thread and send them to the developers.
The sort of feedback we are particularly interested in includes:
- Any bugs or glitches that you have found in the game. Got stuck in the scenery? Game crashes when you do a certain action? Tell us all about it!
- Honest feedback about vehicles and game mechanics. If you think something doesn’t function well, then please tell us.
- Anything you particularly like? Do you love the new stats for a previously underpowered vehicle? Confirm to the developers that the community is now satisfied with that feature, letting them focus on other new improvements.
How to Join the Public Test
- Eager to get going? Follow the instructions below to join the test!
- Download the test client installer. (38 MB)
- Make sure you pick a save location that is different to your regular World of Tanks game files. Save and run the installer.
- Run the new copy of the game. The launcher will download all the additional data (12 MB)
- Log in and start playing. Remember to post your bug reports to the specific thread and all other feedback to the general forum thread.
Please be aware of the following:
- This public test is intended to focus on the testing of the new physics within regular battle conditions. This means that players could be experimenting using both regular ammo and gold ammo. They could also be trying out some of the premium tanks. Feel free to enjoy the new physics, but remember that there are enemies out there and a battle to win! Dangling off a bridge may be fun, but it also makes it easy for the enemy to shoot you!
- In order to make the test experience more efficient, it may be necessary to limit the number of players on the test server. If the server is full when you log in, you’ll be placed into a queue.
- The test server will be restarted regularly, according to the following schedule:
- First Periphery: 03:00 CEST (01:00 GMT) every odd day (ie 7th, 9th, 11th etc), lasting around 25 minutes.
- Second Periphery: 03:00 CEST (01:00 GMT) every even day (6th, 8th, 10th etc), lasting around 25 minutes.
- Centre: 02:30 CEST (00:30 GMT) every day lasting around 3 minutes.
- The test server may be subject to unscheduled restarts and maintenance.
- And of course, remember that it is a test server! This means that you may encounter bugs and temporary features. Everything in the test version could change before the final release.
Thank you for taking part in the public test! Good luck and have fun!
Changes from 8.0.2 to 8.0.3 Test
- Partly fixed (in approximately 2/3 cases) the performance decrease while there is a large amount of trees displayed in sniper reticle
- Fixed performance decrease when moving into bushes/trees
- Changed suspension brake sound
- Fixed poor audio legibility of other vehicles sounds when they are situated near player's tank
- Increased volume of sound that plays when player’s tank is hit
- Reworked ricochet sound
- Fixed the incorrect sound when hitting a stony surface
- Reworked the firing sounds for all guns
- Reworked the water splash sound that is played when tank enters water
- Fixed errors in textures of new TD’s: SU-100-M1, SU-101, SU-122-54
- Fixed the animation of credits and XP calculations in the after-battle statistics when switching between windows
- Reworked lighting parameters for major parts of special effects
- Fixed display of experience penalty not matching up on statistics window and system message
- Added scroll function in Tech Tree of each nation
- Fixed notification when temporary camouflage/emblem/inscription ends and is removed.
- Fixed crash to desktop while leaving battle
- Fixed lighting on maps: Lakeville, Himmelsdorf, Sand River, Steppes, Redshire, Siegfried Line, Murovanka, Widepark
- Fixed tank drowning on some maps
- Fixed the minimap on ‘Port’ map.
- Fixed a bug which resulted in a destroyed vehicle continuing to display as a ‘live’ one and to still receive damage
- Fixed the incorrect display of the T110E4 front armour
- Fixed the overpriced cost of IS-6 camouflages
- Fixed the errors in display of vehicle suspension tracks
- Final rebalancing for version 8.0 of Object 263, SU-101, SU-122-54
- Fixed the loading animation covering the queue numbers on ‘Entering the game’ screen
- Fixed screen freezing when changing emblems
- Added option to disable bloom effect in the game settings
- Fixed the replaying of base capture sound while replay is on pause
- Fixed the low visibility of arcade, sniper and howitzer reticles with new landscape graphics
- Fixed display of tank icons in after-battle statistics