At the end of May we announced a new game mode called Strongholds that is currently in development. The announcement was met with curiosity and anticipation, especially from clan players.
From Thursday 19 June until Monday 23 June we’d like to offer you the opportunity to take part in the Public Test of the Strongholds game mode and see it with your own eyes!
Strongholds will be available in the game client and is not connected to Clan Wars or the Global Map.
Strongholds represent clan property and consist of a virtual military base, zones surrounding it and auxiliary buildings. Strongholds may be created by clan commanders for free.
Please note that the stream will be held in English only.
Main features of the Strongholds Public Test
- Possibility to create a Stronghold and upgrade it to Level 4.
- Ability to build Structures that produce special Reserves (bonuses), which can be upgraded to Level 4.
- Possibility to participate in a Skirmish to earn Industrial Resources.
- Income for earning Industrial Resources will be tripled.
Read more about the Strongholds game mode.
Please bear in mind that there will be no possibility to attack other ‘Strongholds’ during the test.
- The public test will be available on the afternoon of 19 June 2014 until 23 June 2014.
- Every player can participate in Public Test as long as they have registered their account before 16 June 2014.
- If a player changes their password shortly before the start of the test, authorisation for the test server will be available with their previous password.
- Only clans that have been registered before early June 2014 can participate in the Public Test.
Please be aware that all clan tags will be changed randomly during the Public Test.
- You will be able to create a test clan for free during the Public Test for non-clan players. Creating a new clan is possible on the test portal.
Please note that any changes made to clan affiliation or details on the Public Test server will have no effect on the live servers.
Test Client Download
- Download the test client installer.
- Make sure you pick a save location that is different to your regular World of Tanks game files. Save and run the installer
- Run the new copy of the game. The launcher will download all the additional data
Please be aware of the following:
- No payments are available on the test server.
- Each player will get 20,000 gold, 100,000,000 free XP and 100,000,000 credits during the test period.
- The Earning of XP and Credits will be at their normal values.
- Income for Industrial Resource will be earned at 3 times the normal value.
- All achievements granted during testing will not be transferred to your regular account.
Scheduled Test Server Restarts
- First periphery: 06:00 CEST (04:00 UTC) daily. Average duration: 25 minutes.
- Second periphery: 07:00 CEST (05:00 UTC) daily. Average duration: 25 minutes.
- Central Database: 11:00 CEST (09:00 UTC) daily. Average duration: 2 minutes.
Please let us know your comments on the dedicated forum section!