The World of Tanks development team is now giving you the opportunity to participate in the second 7.4 mass test. The new update will be released in the near future. At this time, we would like to ask for your feedback during this process.
For now, the special World of Tanks 7.4 update will only be available on our test servers. The estimated end date of the second 7.4 test is June 12th 2012. Please note that only those players who registered prior to May 28th 2012 before 02:00 CEST (00:00pm GMT) are eligible to login to the test server.
In order to make your game experience more efficient we need to limit the number of players on the server. As a result you could be placed on the waiting list each time we reach 26.000.
Please note that the public test server restarts every two days at 8:00 CEST (6:00am GMT) and lasts for 25 minutes.
To participate in the test you need to follow the steps below:
1. Download the test game client in a separate directory:
2. Run the game.
Important! Please make sure you install the test game client version in a different folder to the current game client version! You will also need to remember to close the game client before installing the update. Only players who registered prior to May 28th 2012 can access the public test server.
Please note, the public test server has some special features:
- Payments are not accepted on the public test server.
- Credit and experience rates for public test server are multiplied by 10. All players are given 15,000 Gold for testing purposes.
- Progress will not be transferred to the main server.
Important: We would like to draw your attention to the fact that the test server is subject to the same EULA and general rules of the World of Tanks game server. This means that the restrictions and punishments are the same as on the official game server of World of Tanks. The details of the v.7.4 public test can be discussed in a special forum but if you want to report any bugs, please make sure they go to this forum so that they can be fixed.
For Czech speakers, use this CZ discussion forum and this CZ bug-reporting forum.
List of changes between test #1 and test #2 of v7.4:
- Removed the Komarin and Swamp maps from the pool for random battles.
- Increased the time it takes to capture the base in Encounter mode.
- Duration of combat in Attack mode has been reduced to 10 minutes.
- Fixed a bug with a red square appearing in the tank panel in the garage.
- Fixed the reduced damage to vehicle suspension.
- Reduced probability of hitting crew with HE shells.
- Fixed the small font of tabs in the battle statistics window.
- Fixed the display of water for several graphics settings configurations.
- Fixed rare FPS lagging problem seen in test#1.
- Reworked visual style of base markers and spawn points on minimap.
- Notification of combat mode added to loading and time remaining windows.
- Engine Maybach HL 234P50 removed from SPG Lorraine 155 50 and Lorraine 155 51.
- Changed parameters of engines on the SPG AMX 105 AM.
- Fixed the position of guns in research tree for SPG S 35 CA.
- Parameters of premium TD FCM36 Pak40 returned to those in 7.3.
- Parameters of premium heavy tank T34 returned to those in 7.3.
- Armoring of T-28 returned to parameters specified in 7.3.
- Fixed zero values for some armor points on T2 medium and T-34-85.
- Fixed the voice message for "hot keys" (F2-F7) and the sound of marking a square on minimap.
- Added nation-based icons for the nation specific Expert and Technical Engineer medals.
- Fixed operation of Expert perk in howitzer mode in direct view range.
- Fixed the description of Sinai Lion medal.
- Fixed bugs with damaged models of Т20, M4A3E8.
- Fixed errors in module names of several French SPGs.
- Fixed the description of engines on the SPG AMX 13F3AM.
- Fixed the display of tank short names in the achievements window.
- Fixed absence of ally icons on minimap during the countdown before the battle begins.
- Removed notification about the test special when entering garage.
- Fixed combat hint (F1).
- Corrected the name of achievement "Raseiniai Heroes Medal".
- Corrected the historical note about the achievement "Raseiniai Heroes Medal".
- Fixed the marking of guns in the tank info-window, activated from the context menu.
- Fixed angle of inclination for the gun on the Tetrarch.
- Corrected several slight errors in new hints about the tanks and modules.
- Fixed the mechanics for demounting consumables, which were incompatible with modules.
- Fixed the fallout of tank icon with maximal amount of battles in achievements.
- Fixed fade-out of pop-up achievement hint.
- Fixed the tracks effect for SPG AMX AC mle 1946.
- Fixed negative values associated with getting Leclerc's medal.
- Fixed occasional interruption of music during map loading.
- Fixed the display of required tanks for Expert medals in info-window achievement.
- Added new logo for Wargaming.net to the login window.
- Added automatic crediting of "Raseiniai Heroes Medal" to players who score the maximum of 15 kills in one combat.
- Fixed hanging objects on Steppes map.
- Fixed several slight errors on new maps Widepark and Airfield.
- Ruinberg map optimized due improve efficiency and memory use.
Changes between 7.3 and 7.4, not provided before:
- The program icon in the Windows 7 tray will now display a reaction for several in-game situations including battle start and invitation receipt.
- Added forward/rewind to combat replay playbacks.
- Added new complaint point: “Non-informative message".
- On the minimap, the tank point has been changed to a "tank arrow" which points in the direction of motion, whilst the "view triangle" now turns according to the camera rotation.
- On the minimap, tank destruction is now marked with a slight tank marker flash.
- Fixed chat text highlighting when the battle starts after the countdown.
- Terrain and objects reworked to fit new game modes on El Halluf, Murovanka, Steppes, Ensk, Himmelsdorf, Ruinberg, Erlenberg, Prokhorovka, Westfield, Karelia, Malinovka, Sand River, Siegfried's Line.
- Changed the lighting on Himmelsdorf map.
- Fixed damaged model of Tiger II (added gun-machine half-sphere and enlarged the transmission size to that of JadTiger).
- Reworked Expert medal receipt. This medal becomes dynamic and will "merge" once a new tank is added to the game.
- Added the option of sending chat messages to your platoon.
- Added new hot keys for opening a chat window: Enter - starts team chat, Ctrl+Enter - starts general chat, Shift+Enter - starts platoon chat.
List of changes between 7.3 and 7.4 patches:
- Added two new combat modes appearing randomly: Attack and Encounter.
- Attack: one team defends the only base whilst the second team should capture it or destroy all enemy vehicles. The mode is activated for Erlenberg, Prokhorovka, Westfield, Karelia, Malinovka, Sand River, and Siegfried Line.
- Encounter: both teams try to capture the single base in the center of the map or to destroy all enemy vehicles to win. The mode is activated for El Halluf, Murovanka, Steppes, Ensk, Himmelsdorf, Ruinberg, Malinovka, Sand River, and Siegfried Line.
- Added two new maps: Airfield (North Africa) and Widepark (European town).
- Added French TDs: Renault FT AC, Renault UE 57, Somua Sau 40, S 35 CA, ARL V 39, AC Mle.1946, AC Mle.1948, AMX 50 Foch.
- Added French SPGs: Renault BS, Lorraine 39 L AM, AMX 105 AM, AMX-13 F3 AM, Lorraine 155 (50), Lorraine 155 (51), Bat. Chatillon 155.
- Vehicles IS-6 and JagdTiger 8.8cm KwK43 L/71 are added to the in-game store, available for all players.
- Changed sizing of the following vehicles to match historical ones: JagdTiger (zoomed up to sizes of TigerII), Object 261 (degraded to sizes of IS-7).
- Fixed or reworked damage models of M2 lt, M3 Lee, JagdTiger, Gw E, Т-28, IS-8 (matlet), Е-50 (transmission moved to front), Е-75 (transmission moved to front), VK4502B (transmission moved to the middle part of the vehicle).
- Fixed or reworked models of ARL-44, KV-1S, Pz III, Т-54, Valentine LL, T1 heavy, M41, VK4502A, IS-8.
- Rebalanced several parameters of M103, T110, KV-4, M18 Hellcat, T30.
- SPG LeFH18 B2: fixed parameters of radio FuG-8, changed wrong weight number, changed the combat level.
- Fixed the name of suspension for SPG М12.
- Fixed several bugs with French camouflages.
- Fixed bugs with the camouflage cover for IS-7 and Marder II.
- Fixed the cost of camouflages for Т30, KV-2, KV-3.
- Added a new camouflage pattern for each nation.
- Added the option of training skills and perks for combined qualifications of crew (for example, training perks and skills of Radio Operator, when a Commander combines qualifications of a Commander and Radio Operator).
- In order to reduce the amount of issues with "questionable" non-penetration/penetration hits, reworked the system of damaging with HE and armor-piercing shells. In some cases the chance of damage and critical hits from HE shells increases.
- Changed operation of Large First Aid Kit: a constant bonus of "+5% to avoiding critical damage to crew" will now be applied until the end of the battle, even once the First Aid Kit has been used.
- Changed operation of Large Repair Kit: a constant bonus of "+10% to repair speed" will now be applied until the end of the battle, even once the Repair kit has been used.
- Repair Kits now fix both tracks if they have both been damaged.
- Compensation granted to the victim of a team hit is now proportional to the damage taken from the team hit.
- If a player team-damages someone and the same shot then damages an enemy vehicle, a decreasing team damage coefficient is applied for this shot.
- Added controls for a light-emitting diode glow over game events when using a ROCCAT mouse.
- Added notes about relevant discounts in the game client.
- Changed pop-up hints on tank modules, consumables, ammunition, and crew members.
- Changed information displayed in the vehicle pop-up window.
- All in-game sounds have been optimized in frequency and compression.
- Added sounds for environment: birds, rivers, sea, forests, villages.
- Reworked several sound effects for environment.
- Added sounds for several interface buttons that previously did not emit a sound when pressed.
- Fixed a bug with the display of the "post-mortem" panel in the interface-off mode.
- Fixed or reworked effects for hitting wood and snow.
- Fixed the description of Fadin's Medal.
- Fixed several bugs where people could pass through unintended passages on Siegfried Line, El Halluf and Ensk.
- Changed display of bases and spawn points on the mini-map.
- Fixed a bug with the color of the "Invite" button after leaving or excluding a mate from a platoon.
- Fixed a rare bug with the game client hanging-up at the end of map loading.
- Fixed the description of the Brothers in Arms perk.
- Fixed a rare bug which made it impossible to gain "Elite" status on T-34-85, T-43 and KV-13.
- Removed an unused option: "Tanker’s voices by nation".
- Added the autoloader indicator for the howitzer shooting mode.
- Fixed a rare bug causing a hang-up of the tank HP bar in the tank over-target marker.
- Fixed a rare bug with the game client hanging-up whilst entering sniper mode.
- Reduced the neon glow for tank panel interface elements in garage and pop-up hints.
- Changed requirements for receiving Lavrinenko's, Leclerc's and Abram's medal.
- Base and respawn markers on mini-map have been added to the "color blind" mode.
- Added the option of switching on the "server" reticle marker to the game settings.
- Changed the method of selecting the message recipient in the battle chat. Now for switching between messages to your team and all players you should use "TAB" key.
- At the request for battle menu, the mouse cursor is centered on the "Back to garage" point.
- Changed the design of free experience and gold conversion windows.
- When in a platoon or a tank company and the Commander speaks over voice chat, the volume of his mates reduces.
- Fixed the display of tanks with camouflage (tracks without hull and turret) for outdated Radeon series video cards.
- Fixed the display of sniper mode cover in windowed mode, when the window height is greater that the width.
- Fixed several bugs in the alternate color scheme.
- Removed mouse inversion in the SPG mode.
- Added new medals:
- "Expert" (by nation) for destroying at least one example of each tank type, existing at that moment in the specified nation tech tree.
- "Medal of Raseiniai Heroes" for destroying the whole enemy team (not less than 14 vehicles).
- "Technical Engineer" (by nation) for researching all vehicles existing at that moment in a nation's tech tree.
- "Senior Technical Engineer" for researching all vehicles of all nations existing at that moment.
- "Sinai Lion" for destroying over 100 "IS" tanks of any model and vehicles based on its model.
- Fixed several bugs with the spam filter.