Update 8.4 is on the way, and it is time to begin the second public test! The purpose of the test is to reveal and iron out any remaining issues before the patch goes live. You are invited to take part in this test!
The second public test server is now open.
The development team want to make the game as good as possible and getting your feedback is a big part of that. Taking part in the public test is your chance to let us know your thoughts and suggestions on forthcoming updates. This means we can review your feedback and make any further changes before the update goes live.
All World of Tanks players are eligible to take part in the public test as long as they registered before 11th February 2013. You don’t need to be an experienced tester to join in; you just need to be willing to try out as many of the new features as you can and send us your feedback!
Main Features of Version 8.4
- A new line of British tank destroyers is added to the tech tree.
- Three light tanks added to the German tech tree.
- Premium tank destroyer SU-100Y added to the Soviet tech tree.
- Four maps re-rendered: Steppes, Fisherman’s Bay, Ensk, Live Oaks.
- New tutorial for new players.
How the Public Test Works
When it is time to run a public test, the developers will release a test version of the client. This can be downloaded by following the instructions below. Make sure that you follow all of the instructions carefully, so that you don’t accidentally cause problems to your main play account.
Your test client account will usually be a copy of your play account, meaning that all the vehicles purchased and research that you have completed will be the same. However, please note:
- The test account is completely separate to your normal account. Achievements and research that you complete on the test client will not be carried over to your play account.
- Financial transactions are not possible on the test server and payments will not be accepted.
- Depending on the needs of the test, your test account may be credited with gold, credits or experience.
- The test server is subject to the same EULA and general rules as the World of Tanks game server. This means that you still need to play nice, or face the usual consequences just the same as on the official game server.
- All test accounts will receive a one-time credit of:
- 100,000,000 XP
- 100,000,000 Credits
- 20,000 Gold
- The rate of credits and experience gain will not be increased for this test.
Once you have logged into the test client, you are encouraged to play as much or as little as you want. Feel free to try out all the new features and see what you can do!
Once you have been playing for a while, please let us know your feedback by posting to these special forum threads: The first is for bug reports and the second is for general feedback about the test version. The community managers will collect up all your responses on the thread and send them to the developers.
The sort of feedback we are particularly interested in includes:
- Any bugs or glitches that you have found in the game. Got stuck in the scenery? Game crashes when you do a certain action? Tell us all about it!
- Honest feedback about vehicles and game mechanics. If you think something doesn’t function well, then please tell us.
- Anything you particularly like? Do you love the new stats for a previously underpowered vehicle? Confirm to the developers that the community is now satisfied with that feature, letting them focus on other new improvements.
How to Join the Public Test
Eager to get going? Follow the instructions below to join the test!
- Download the test client installer.
- Make sure you pick a save location that is different to your regular World of Tanks game files. Save and run the installer. (9.2 MB). The second patch update is 51MB.
- Run the new copy of the game. The launcher will download all the additional data (4.50 GB).
- Log in and start playing. Remember to post your feedback to this forum thread.
Please be aware of the following:
- In order to make the test experience more efficient, it may be necessary to limit the number of players on the test server. If the server is full when you log in, you’ll be placed into a queue.
- The test server will be restarted regularly, according to the following schedule:
- 06:00 CET (05:00 GMT) every EVEN day of the month. Average duration will be around 25 minutes.
- The test server may be subject to unscheduled restarts and maintenance.
- And of course, remember that it is a test server! This means that you may encounter bugs and temporary features. Everything in the test version could change before the final release.
Thank you for taking part in the public test! Good luck and have fun!