Thank you for your active participation in testing the revised HE shell mechanic!
The number of players who joined the Sandbox test surpassed all expectations. Your engagement in the game development process helped us to collect valuable statistics and information. The feedback that we received and the number of players who filled out the survey show that this topic is very important to you. And the ideas we introduced sparked discussions among all kinds of players on a variety of sites.
Based on the preliminary survey results, we can state that key aspects of the revised mechanics were well received—more than 70% of the reviews were positive. In particular, players liked the following aspects:
- a significant decrease in the amount of damage caused by the reworked HE shells when they hit the frontal armor of heavily armored vehicles.
- improved UI for notifications about hits and penetrations.
- the ability to inflict minimal damage with HE shells when "hitting" armor.
Furthermore, from your feedback and the preliminary statistics, we can say that the redesigned mechanics accomplish the intended goals and don't cause serious technical or design errors.
Current Discussion Topics
Reviews of your feedback allowed us to identify some of the main points of your discussions:
- the ability of HE shells to penetrate side skirts and tracks
- the impact of the new mechanics on standard and Premium vehicles, such as the KV-2, KV-2 (R), FV4005 Stage II, and others that use HE as primary shells
- the impact of the reworked HE shells on lightly armored vehicles
- the number of critical hits caused by HE shells
- the performance of high-mobility vehicles that carry high-penetration HE shells (in particular, wheeled vehicles)
All of these points will be carefully analyzed and addressed based on the collected data.
The next stage of testing the reworked HE shell mechanics in the Sandbox will begin in late March or early April. We are currently analyzing the collected data and evaluating your feedback further. We will also focus on examining the concerns mentioned based on statistical analysis. Keep an eye on the portal for additional information about the content and the exact dates of the next Sandbox iteration.
You have done a great job in testing the new mechanic and your feedback and questions have proven extremely useful. Thank you for your dedication and we eagerly await more of your feedback during the new Sandbox iteration!