A grand return to World of Tanks! From September 27 through October 11, the special Return of the Waffenträger event will take place in World of Tanks.
This autumn, the Harrier Squad will once again face Max von Krieger's engineering marvel in a formidable and uncompromising battle for domination. Last year, the outstanding Engineer made a tactical retreat. Now he’s back, and this time, von Krieger will be revealing to the world his improved war machine, the menacing Blitzträger auf E 110. It’s even more dangerous and unpredictable than before, so get ready for fiercer, intensified battles!
On the other side of this epic confrontation, the Harriers haven’t wasted any time, either. Joining their ranks are three different vehicles, each with its own combat role and unique abilities. It's up to you to decide which side to fight on—and may the strongest win!
September 27 at 11:00 CEST (UTC+2) through October 11 at 11:00 CEST (UTC+2)
Return of the Waffenträger: General Setup
- Battles take place in the 7v1 format on one of three lightly redesigned maps: Murovanka, Siegfried Line, and Steppes.
- Before the battle starts, you can choose one of the sides in the conflict.
- A team of seven random players or a Platoon of up to three players (the Harrier Squad) rush into battle in extensively modified special vehicles: the Object 140, Bat.-Châtillon 25 t, and M48A5 Patton. Dynamic Platoons are allowed.
- The Engineer faces them in the Blitzträger auf E 110, an incredibly powerful tank destroyer manned by a single player. He’ll be flanked by guards in the form of AI-controlled Sentinels, the third type of vehicle you will spot in the mode.
- Each team has its own objective. The Harrier Squad must disable the Blitzträger auf E 110’s protective energy shield and destroy this menacing vehicle within the allotted time. The Blitzträger auf E 110 must eliminate the Harrier Squad or hold out until time expires.
- To enter the battle in the Blitzträger auf E 110, you need to have a Key. You can earn it in battles while playing the game mode or receive it as a part of special bundles in the Premium Shop. Keep reading to find out about one more way to get one Key for the Blitzträger auf E 110!
- The Return of the Waffenträger progression involves assembling the Harriers' Collection and the Engineer's Collection with different elements and consists of four Stages. Upon collecting a certain number of elements and reaching each Stage, you will receive valuable rewards. To fill the event progression meter and grab all rewards available in the event, you need to complete both Collections.
- The event’s main reward is the ASTRON Rex 105 mm, a brand-new Tier VIII Premium American medium tank, which can be obtained from the Vehicle Gate (more about this below) with a certain drop chance.
- You can also purchase it with the Engineer's Starters, special in-game keys you can earn during the event to activate the Engineer’s Gate which contains valuable loot. The Engineer's Starters will also be available as part of bundles in the Premium Shop.
- You can also use the Harriers' Starters to activate the Harriers’ Gate, which might drop useful in-game items—sometimes even the Engineer's Starters!
The Harriers’ Battle Hounds
On September 27, you will find three special vehicles to choose from in the event Garage. Choose one of the tanks and click the “Battle!” button to start your exciting combat journey!
Each Harriers’ battle hound features its own battle purpose and general and unique abilities:
- Resistor (the X Object 140 ) is a versatile tank with mid-range characteristics that can perform any role on the battlefield.
- Thunderbolt (the X M48A5 Patton ) is a slow but sturdy assault tank with impressive firepower and thick armor.
- Foudre (the X Bat.-Châtillon 25 t ) is a highly mobile vehicle featuring a powerful gun with an autoloader, but it pays for these positive traits with its poor survivability.
The Harriers have three Lives (including the one you start with), which means they can respawn twice in a single battle.
How to Play
When the battle starts, the Blitzträger auf E 110 will be protected by an almost impenetrable energy shield, so it doesn’t make sense to shoot at it while this shield is active. From time to time, AI-controlled vehicles called Sentinels will spawn at certain points on the battlefield to assist the Engineer. When destroyed, Sentinels leave a load of Plasma that you need to pick up and deliver to Generators, indestructible power structures that appear in different parts of the map, changing location each time. They also create a protective shield for the Engineer.
The Harriers collect and use Plasma to overload Generators, thereby disabling the Engineer's shield for some time. Overloading a Generator with the Harriers works just like capturing the base in Random Battles. The more tanks in the cap circle, the faster it happens.
Generators have two states: active and inactive. When Generators spawn on the map, they are always inactive and have one common activation time. The Harriers can only overload a Generator when it becomes active.
When you first pick up a load of Plasma, a certain amount of HP is restored to your entire team. Plus, having Plasma on board your vehicles increases the damage caused to von Krieger, so try not to miss any loads.
Once the Blitzträger auf E 110 is temporarily left without its protective shield, you have some time to cause full damage to it—don't forget to use your unique combat abilities! After that, the shield will be restored, and you’ll need to overload and destroy the next Generator. The damage you cause through the shield is greatly reduced, but it increases with each destroyed Generator.
After overloading and destroying the fourth and last Generator, the shield on von Krieger's machine will be permanently disabled, so take this opportunity to finish it off. But if the timer runs out with the Blitzträger still operational, von Krieger will win, so push yourself to the limit in the final stage of the battle!
Keep in mind that the Blitzträger auf E 110 has a new ability: Teleportation. It allows the Engineer to teleport to a selected point on the map with some delay. But when the protective shield disappears, Teleportation becomes unavailable, and after the destruction of the fourth Generator, this ability is blocked.
To succeed, the Harriers’ battle hounds must work together and act as a close-knit team. Fight in packs of three to four vehicles, destroy the Sentinels assisting the Blitzträger auf E 110, collect Plasma, and pay attention to the timer. Coordinate your efforts, as the chances of a single Harrier vehicle defeating the Engineer are close to zero!
Stay Connected and Fight Your Way to Victory with Discord - Join the Official World of Tanks Discord channel in your language and set up Platoons. Fight alongside new teammates to give you the best chance of defeating the AI. It is also a fantastic opportunity to chat, find game updates, hear about community events, and join Platoons for standard games or events.
The Blitzträger auf E 110
To fight in the mighty and powerful Blitzträger auf E 110, you need a Key. There are three ways to get it:
- Complete a special mission in Random Battles to earn one Key. The mission will be available at the start of the event on September 27 at 11:00 CEST (UTC+2) and will remain active until October 4 at 11:00 CEST (UTC+2).
- You can also earn Keys by completing special Harriers’ missions in the event.
- Keys will also be available as part of bundles in the Premium Shop during the event.
There will be no compensation for unused Keys when the event ends on October 11 at 11:00 CEST (UTC+2).
The Blitzträger auf E 110 is a formidable tank destroyer with overwhelming firepower. Designed by Max von Krieger, this incredible feat of engineering is equipped with a gun with an autoloading mechanism. One penetrating shot can easily take away well over half of a Harrier vehicle’s entire HP pool. Plus, the Blitzträger auf E 110 features four additional (three active and one passive) combat abilities.
AI-controlled Sentinels are autonomous guards that spawn across the map. Their role is to deal damage to the Harriers and act as spotters for the Blitzträger.
How to Play
Although the Blitzträger auf E 110 is incredibly powerful and your shield reflects most of the damage you take, always keep in mind that you will be facing seven dangerous Harriers at once. If, at the end of the battle, the opposing team remains at full strength, you’ll be in trouble.
Try to confuse enemies, pick off stragglers, and support your Sentinels—don't let opponents collect loads of Plasma that can disable the Generators. Make full use of your combat abilities, constantly move around the battlefield, and take advantage of the new Teleportation ability. Protect the Generators at all costs, because if the Harriers destroy all four of them, the shield will disappear permanently and you will become vulnerable.
Time is on your side, so it’s not necessary to destroy all the Harriers to win. If they fail to destroy you within the allotted time, you will triumph!
The Return of the Waffenträger progression involves assembling the Harriers' Collection and the Engineer's Collection with different elements, and it consists of four Stages. Upon collecting a certain number of elements and reaching each Stage, you will receive valuable rewards. Join the event and gather event-themed vehicle customization elements from the Harriers' and Engineer's Collections! To fill the event progression meter and grab all the event rewards, you need to complete both Collections.
Every customization item in both Collections is unique—each one will drop just once. The Collections include styles, camos, emblems, inscriptions, decals, and, of course, the Harriers and Max von Krieger himself. These characters will become your crew members and come with exclusive voiceovers.
Each Harriers’ or Engineer’s Collection Item adds 1 Point to the event’s main progression meter. Completing each Stage of the main progression will yield you prizes, with the total reward being 3,000 bonds.
Dimension Gates and Rewards
For completing event missions, as well as for defeating the rare Blitzträger auf E 220 (more about this in a future article—keep your eyes peeled!), you will receive Starters, special keys for activating Dimension Gates. Through activated Dimension Gates, you’ll be able to get valuable loot, including Collection Items.
You can earn the Harriers' Starters for completing event missions while playing in Harrier Squad vehicles. These keys will allow you to activate the Harriers' Gate.
There’s a chance it will drop a unique Harriers’ Collection Item or a guaranteed prize from the list below:
By completing the Engineer’s combat missions, you earn the Engineer’s Starters. These keys are used to activate the Engineer's Gate.
You can also get the Engineer's Starters upon completing certain progression milestones, as well as from special bundles in the Premium Shop—and, if you're lucky, when activating the Engineer's Gate or the Harriers' Gate.
Upon activation, the Engineer's Gate will bring you a guaranteed item from the following list:
But if the stars are aligned, you might get even greater prizes, including:
- Special custom looks and decals not included in the event Collections
- Striking Harrier-themed 3D styles for the Object 140, Bat.-Châtillon 25 t, or M48A5 Patton
But the sweetest prizes are the impressive Tier VIII Premium tanks, including the brand-new ASTRON Rex 105 mm. Apart from this predator, you may receive a Premium vehicle from the following list:
Last but not least, there’s also a special Vehicle Gate that requires an Engineer's Starter to activate.
You can receive a particular reward from it: the ASTRON Rex 105 mm, a brand-new Tier VIII Premium American medium tank.
To activate the Vehicle Gate and grab this intimidating hunter, you need to have 60 Engineer’s Starters. But if you get this tank from the Engineer's Gate before that, the Vehicle Gate will become inactive.
Stay tuned, Commanders! More details and precise specifications will be available in our dedicated event guide coming soon.