The World of Tanks development team is conducting a test of the changes coming in Version 8.2 and they want you to take part!
The development team want to make the game as good as possible and getting your feedback is a big part of that. Taking part in the public test is your chance to let us know your thoughts and suggestions on forthcoming updates. This means we can review your feedback and make any further changes before the update goes live.
All World of Tanks players are eligible to take part in the public test as long as they registered before November 19th. You don’t need to be an experienced tester to join in; you just need to be willing to try out as many of the new features as you can and send us your feedback!
Main Features of Version 8.2
- New American Tech Tree branch
- New Premium tanks
- New medals
The full list of the patch notes is available below.
How the Public Test Works
When it is time to run a public test, the developers will release a test version of the client. This can be downloaded by following the instructions below. Make sure that you follow all of the instructions carefully, so that you don’t accidentally cause problems to your main play account.
Your test client account will usually be a copy of your play account, meaning that all the vehicles purchased and research that you have completed will be the same. However, please note:
- The test account is completely separate to your normal account. Achievements and research that you complete on the test client will not be carried over to your play account.
- Financial transactions are not possible on the test server and payments will not be accepted.
- Depending on the needs of the test, your test account may be credited with gold, credits or experience. In addition the experience gain rate may be increased substantially.
- The test server is subject to the same EULA and general rules as the World of Tanks game server. This means that you still need to play nice, or face the usual consequences just the same as on the official game server.
Once you have logged into the test client, you are encouraged to play as much or as little as you want. Feel free to try out all the new features and see what you can do!
Once you have been playing for a while, please let us know your feedback by posting to these special forum threads: The first is for bug reports and the second is for general feedback about the test version. The community managers will collect up all your responses on the thread and send them to the developers.
The sort of feedback we are particularly interested in includes:
- Any bugs or glitches that you have found in the game. Got stuck in the scenery? Game crashes when you do a certain action? Tell us all about it!
- Honest feedback about vehicles and game mechanics. If you think something doesn’t function well, then please tell us.
- Anything you particularly like? Do you love the new stats for a previously underpowered vehicle? Confirm to the developers that the community is now satisfied with that feature, letting them focus on other new improvements..
How to Join the Public Test
Eager to get going? Follow the instructions below to join the test!
1) Download the test client installer. 4.1 GB
2) Make sure you pick a save location that is different to your regular World of Tanks game files. Save and run the installer.
3) Run the new copy of the game. The launcher will download all the additional data.
4) Log in and start playing. Remember to post your feedback to this forum thread.
Please be aware of the following:
- In order to make the test experience more efficient, it may be necessary to limit the number of players on the test server. . If the server is full when you log in, you’ll be placed into a queue.
- The test server will be restarted regularly, according to the following schedule:
- first periphery - 06:00 CET (05:00 GMT) each uneven day of the month. Average duration: ~25 mins
- second periphery - 06:00 CET (05:00 GMT) each even date of the month. Average duration: ~25 mins
- Center - 04:30 CET (3:30 GMT) daily. Average duration: ~2-3 mins
- The test server may be subject to unscheduled restarts and maintenance.
- And of course, remember that it is a test server! This means that you may encounter bugs and temporary features. Everything in the test version could change before the final release.
Thank you for taking part in the public test! Good luck and have fun!
Current Release Notes
- New line of American tanks added: light tank Т21, light tank Т71, medium tank Т69, medium tank Т54E1, heavy tank T57 (this branch is available to research from the medium М7 tank).
- New premium tanks available for purchasing: British heavy tank TOG-2, British tank destroyer АТ-15А, French heavy tank 1945 FCM 50t.
- More maps reworked to the new render system: Prokhorovka, Redshire, Erlenberg, Ruinberg.
- Reworked sounds of ricochets, tank hits and penetrations
- Reworked sounds of rounds hitting landscape and ambient objects
- Reworked sounds of low-calibre guns
- Added Jordanian flag to emblems
- Added the “Patton Valley” achievement for the destruction of 100 M46 Patton or M48A1 Patton III tanks. After the update has been released, all previously destroyed tanks (of these types) will be counted.
- Added “commemoratives” – achievements without a grade, which can be granted to a number of players, several times per battle:
- ‘Lucky’ – Witness the destruction of an enemy vehicle by an enemy team player. You must be 10 metres or less from the enemy vehicle at the moment of its destruction.
- ‘Cool-Headed’ – Survive at least 10 ricochets and non-penetrations in a row from enemy team players.
- ‘Spartan’ - Survive a ricochet or non-penetration from an enemy team player. Your vehicle must have less than 10% of its hit points left.
- ‘Ranger’ - Destroy all enemy light tanks (at least 3) in the course of one battle.
- Fallen trees are now counted as masking cover (like bushes) for the visibility system.
- Tank vibration on ruins, rails and small objects has been reduced or completely removed.
- Increased radius of gun fire and hit sounds. Changed the way these effects sound from a distance.
- ‘Brothers-In-Arms’ perk now gives bonus to ‘Mentor’ perk.
- Changed to historical armouring of the Т-34-85, IS and Matilda (British) tanks.
- Changed the hull weight of the Churchill (Soviet) tank from 22000 to 20869 kg.
- Changed the weight of the AEC A190 engine from 400 to 800 kg.
- Changed the hull weight of the Valentine (Soviet) tank from 8700 to 8300 kg.
- Reduced the research cost of the 2x Leyland E164 engine for Matilda tank to 310 experience points.
- Increased the research cost of the Churchill tank after the Matilda tank to 11500 experience points.
- Fixed the mechanics of how the “Sniper” achievement is awarded.
- “Patrol Duty” achievement is now counted in the “Kay’s Medal” achievement
- The Panther M10 has been added to the “Hunter” achievement
Graphics and technical improvements
- Draw distance (settings/graphics/draw distance) increased for minimum graphics quality settings from 400 to 600 metres, and from 1000 to 1400 meters for maximum graphics quality.
- Improved rendering performance of trees and vegetation – this should reduce performance drawdown in the sniper mode when one has a large amount of vegetation on the screen.
- Low performance issue fixed for some configurations (mainly for Radeon VGAs) for the following maps: Steppes, South Coast, Highway, Mines, Widepark, Abbey.
- Fixed incorrect auto-detection of the Texture Quality in the Graphics quality menu.
- Reworked and optimised some destruction effects of buildings and objects
- Some ambient objects were reworked and readjusted based on performance of improved graphics
- Added vehicle shadow in garage
- Added effects to decrease brightness and density of emblems and inscriptions while in post-mortem mode.
- Battle Interface: module icons (left bottom corner of the screen) show the interactive repair progress indicator.
- Fixed change in sharp camera angles when interacting with other objects (tanks) in some situations.
- In the tank tech tree display, the distance between the levels of the tanks has been reduced.
- In the tank tech tree, the exit to the common tech tree for the nation has been changed (the button with the flag of the nation instead of labels or links).
- In the tank tech tree, research cost and purchase price for the tanks and modules will be displayed regardless of the state of the tank / module.
- In the tech tree, if there are insufficient resources or experience points, the pop up will show how much experience or credits is still needed for levelling / purchase.
- In the tech tree, the presentation of a tank’s experience level has been changed.
- For post-mortem mode of viewing players from your team:
- Fixed drowning indicator display
- Added ‘empty ammo-rack’ display
- Added a display of the status of tank modules and tank crew-members
- Removed display of damage to allies from after-battle statistics
- The login message ‘Cannot connect. Probably connection is blocked by firewall’ changed to ‘Unable to connect to the server. Server may be down for maintenance or connection settings check is required’
- The message displayed when attempting login with an old version of the client has been changed from: "The login packet sent to the server was malformed" to "Error in authorization on game server. Your game client version may be outdated or damaged’
- Changed display of armouring in the interface (without changing the armour itself) of the SU-5, T-46, КV-13, SU-85B, SU-101, Object 268, KV-2, KV-3, IS-3, KV-4, IS-8, IS-7, ISU-152, VK 4502 A, PzKpfw V Panther, Centurion, Centurion Mk. 7/1, FV4202, Covenanter, Cruiser MkI, Valentine, Caernarvon, M6.
- Changed the display of names for the British tanks.
- Fully reworked the design of tank-selling window
- Fixed a bug when a projectile disappears after penetrating through the mantlet and hitting the gun, but the gun is ‘not damaged’.
- Fixed a bug where a shell would disappear after breaking the spaced armour and then rebound off the main armour of the tank.
- Fixed "flying" tanks at high ping and significant loss of data packets.
- Fixed displacement and "tugging" of aim in sniper mode.
- Fixed an abnormally high damage from ramming in some cases.
- Fixed a low cost of repair of the tank after flooding.
- Fixed blocking of a flooded tank after battles on the global map.
- Fixed a bug when in some cases a tank destroyed by an enemy’s ally continued to gain experience for the damage of a spotted enemy vehicle during the battle.
- Fixed a rare issue which caused players to be added to excluded game modes
- Fixed the disappearance of burning effect on destroyed vehicles burning effect at relatively distances
- Fixed the discrepancy in the display and collision models of some buildings and objects
- Fixed option to enter ‘pre-battle UI’ in special battles, which one cannot leave afterwards
- Fixed different rounding methods used for the Win/Loss ratio percentage in different statistics windows
- Damage dealt to own vehicle removed from the after-battle statistics ‘battle efficiency’ tab
- Fixed the error, which caused rare cases of Ammo Rack critical hits not being counted in after-battle statistics
- Fixed an error in which SPG markers were displayed on the mini-map as tank markers
- Fixed the effect of some sniper reticule settings on the arcade reticule
- Fixed some errors in list of complaints in after-battle statistics.
- Fixed camouflage errors on the Pzkpfw V/IV, A-32 tanks.
- Fixed model and texture errors on the Object 268, T-46, IS-8 vehicles.
- Fixed inscriptions and emblems on the KV-5, M5 Stuart tanks.
- Fixed destroyed model errors on the Gw Panther, Е-100, Lowe, Grille, Lorraine39 L AM, Lorraine40t, T25-2, Panther M10, Object 212, Object 704, AMX 13F3AM, AMX 105AM, ARL 44, Matilda (British), AMX13-75 vehicles.
- Fixed incorrect shot effect of the 8.8cm KwK43 L/71 gun for the Tiger tank.
- Fixed incorrect exhaust effect of the В-2 engine for the KV engine.
- Fixed names of some American tanks.
- Fixed incorrect displaying of hit/penetration marks on the KV-1S, Т110Е4.
- Fixed the description when receiving the “Top Gun” and “Sniper” achievements.
- Fixed the description of the “de Langlade's Medal” achievement