Update 8.6 is coming, and it’s time to test the changes! The World of Tanks development team needs to conduct a thorough test and they want you to take part.
The development team want to make the game as good as possible and getting your feedback is a big part of that. Taking part in the public test is your chance to let us know your thoughts and suggestions on forthcoming updates. This means we can review your feedback and make any further changes before the update goes live.
All World of Tanks players are eligible to take part in the public test as long as they registered before 26th May 2013. You don’t need to be an experienced tester to join in; you just need to be willing to try out as many of the new features as you can and send us your feedback!
Main Features of Version 8.6
- Reworked SPG lines for USSR, USA, Germany and France
- Added new SPGs for USSR, USA, Germany and France
- New camouflage patterns for USSR, Germany and France
- Added a new Asian map “Sacred Valley”
- Encounter battle option for Mines, Lakeville and Redshire
- Improvements in after-battle statistics and special battle’s screen
The full list of the new features of the first test of Version 8.6 is available below.
How the Public Test Works
When it is time to run a public test, the developers will release a test version of the client. This can be downloaded by following the instructions below. Make sure that you follow all of the instructions carefully, so that you don’t accidentally cause problems to your main play account.
Your test client account will usually be a copy of your play account, meaning that all the vehicles purchased and research that you have completed will be the same. However, please note:
- The test account is completely separate to your normal account. Achievements and research that you complete on the test client will not be carried over to your play account.
- Financial transactions are not possible on the test server and payments will not be accepted.
- Depending on the needs of the test, your test account may be credited with gold, credits or experience.
- The test server is subject to the same EULA and general rules as the World of Tanks game server. This means that you still need to play nice, or face the usual consequences just the same as on the official game server.
- All test accounts will receive a one-time credit of:
- 100,000,000 free XP
- 100,000,000 credits
- 20,000 Gold
- The rate of credits and experience gain will not be increased for this test.
Once you have logged into the test client, you are encouraged to play as much or as little as you want. Feel free to try out all the new features and see what you can do!
Once you have been playing for a while, please let us know your feedback by posting to these special forum threads: The first is for bug reports and the second is for general feedback about the test version. The community managers will collect up all your responses on the thread and send them to the developers.
The sort of feedback we are particularly interested in includes:
- Any bugs or glitches that you have found in the game. Got stuck in the scenery? Game crashes when you do a certain action? Tell us all about it!
- Honest feedback about vehicles and game mechanics. If you think something doesn’t function well, then please tell us.
- Anything you particularly like? Do you love the new stats for a previously underpowered vehicle? Confirm to the developers that the community is now satisfied with that feature, letting them focus on other new improvements.
How to Join the Public Test
Eager to get going? Follow the instructions below to join the test!
- Download the test client installer.
- Make sure you pick a save location that is different to your regular World of Tanks game files. Save and run the installer. (9.2 MB)
- Run the new copy of the game. The launcher will download all the additional data (4.96 GB).
- Log in and start playing. Remember to post your feedback to this forum thread.
Please be aware of the following:
In order to make the test experience more efficient, it may be necessary to limit the number of players on the test server. If the server is full when you log in, you’ll be placed into a queue.
The test server will be restarted daily at 07:00 CEST (05:00 GMT). Average duration will be around 25 minutes.
The test server may be subject to unscheduled restarts and maintenance.
And of course, remember that it is a test server! This means that you may encounter bugs and temporary features. Everything in the test version could change before the final release.
Thank you for taking part in the public test! Good luck and have fun!
New features of the first test of the version 8.6
Changes in SPGs:
USSR SPG line has been reworked:
- New SPGs added: SU-122А (Tier V), SU-14-1 (Tier VII)
- Now the tree will look like this:
- Tier II SU-18
- Tier III SU-26
- Tier IV SU-5
- Tier V SU-122A (new vehicle)
- Tier VI SU-8 (moved from Tier V)
- Tier VII SU-51 (moved from Tier VI) ====== Tier VII SU-14-1 (new vehicle)
- Tier VIII SU-14 (moved from Tier VI)
- Tier IX Obj. 212 (moved from Tier VII)
- Tier X Obj. 261 (moved from Tier VIII)
German SPG line has been reworked:
- New SPGs added: G.Pz. Mk. VI (e) (Tier II), Pz.Sfl. IVb (Tier IV), G.W. Tiger (P) (Tier VIII)
- Now the tree will look like this:
- Tier II G.Pz. Mk. VI (e) (new vehicle)
- Tier III Sturmpanzer I Bison (moved from Tier II) ==== Wespe
- Tier IV Pz.Sfl. IVb (new vehicle) ====== Tier IV Sturmpanzer II (moved from Tier II)
- Tier V Sturmpanzer 38(t) Grille (moved from Tier IV)
- Tier VI Hummel (moved from Tier V)
- Tier VII Gw Panther (moved from Tier VI)
- Tier VIII G.W. Tiger (P) (new vehicle)
- Tier IX Gw Tiger (moved from Tier VII)
- Tier X Gw E-100 (moved from Tier VIII)
USA SPG line has been reworked:
- Added new SPGs: M44 (Tier VI), M53/M55 (Tier IX).
- Now the tree will look like this:
- Tier II T57
- Tier III M7 Priest
- Tier IV M37
- Tier V M41
- Tier VI M44 (new vehicle)
- Tier VII M12 (moved from Tier VI)
- Tier VIII M40/M43 (moved from Tier VII)
- Tier IX M53/M55 (new vehicle)
- Tier X T92 (moved from Tier VIII)
French SPG line has been reworked:
- Added new SPG: AMX 105 AM mle. 47 (Tier IV), Bat.-Châtillon 155 55 (Tier IX)
- Now the tree will look like this:
- Tier II BS
- Tier III Lorr.39LAM
- Tier IV AMX 105 AM mle. 47 (new vehicle)
- Tier V AMX 105 AM (moved from Tier IV)
- Tier VI AMX-13 F3 AM (moved from Tier V)
- Tier VII Lorraine 155-50 (moved from Tier VI)
- Tier VIII Lorraine 155-151 (moved from Tier VII)
- Tier IX Bat.-Châtillon 155 55 (new vehicle)
- Tier X Bat Chatillon 155 (moved from Tier VIII)
- Added new camouflage patterns for the following nations:
- USSR: 1 winter and 2 summer.
- Germany: 1 desert and 2 summer.
- France: 3 summer.
- New map added "Sacred valley" (Korea)
- Encounter battle has been added to the following map: Mines, Lakeville, Redshire.
- New birds have been added to Ruinberg and Lakeville
- Improved after-battle statistics
- Reworked the list of WoT achievements on login screen
- Removed the following inscriptions: "Popeye", "Mickey Mouse", "Betty Boop". All players with these inscriptions will receive compensation corresponding to the method of purchase (credit or gold) and time remaining (in case of inscriptions purchased for credits)
- Small improvements of special battle's screen (display of nation, type or Tier limitations)
- All new accounts will now receive Tier I tanks with 100% crew
- Collision model of the following tanks has been improved: SU-8, SU-85B, Cromwell, Comet, Matilda Black Prince, SU-5, SU-76, Т95, Т92, M12, M41, M7 Priest, T57, G.W. E 100, G.W. Tiger, Hummel, Pz.Kpfw. V/IV, IS-6, Pz.Kpfw. III/IV, Object 268.
- Reworked additional absorption bonuses for Spall Liners:
- Small Spall Liner 15%.
- Medium Spall Liner 20% (was 15%).
- Large Spall Liner 25% (was 15%).
- For heavy tanks of more than 70 tons added super-heavy spall liner with additional absorption coefficient of 30%
- All spall liners on vehicles with weight above 70 tons were dismounted, moved to depot and changed on ‘Super-Heavy spall liners’
- New rules of how HEAT shells work:
- HEAT shells will start to ricochet if the impact angle is greater than 80 degrees. (please note that every shell can have slightly different settings). The armor penetration after ricochet will remain the same.
- After successful penetration, a HEAT shell cannot ricochet inside the tank (as the shell is transformed into a continuous stream.)
- After successful penetration, the HEAT shell will lose 5% of armor penetration value for each 10cm of travelling distance
- After successful penetration, the force with which the HEAT shell continues to travel through the armor will take into account the angle of impact between the armor and penetration spot.
- Suspension now also counts as spaced armor
- Changed mechanism of camouflage calculation when using camouflage pattern and camouflage net:
- From now on, the values for vehicles with camo patterns and camo net will be cumulative. This means that now the camouflage net and camouflage pattern will provide fixed bonuses which will only differ based on the class of the vehicle (for example, TD's will receive the highest bonus)
- To avoid side-effects of having nearly invisible TD's, it was decided to decrease the overall camouflage bonuses provided by bushes and fallen trees.
- Increased income for high tier tanks (the full list of changes will be available later in a special appendix):
- For tier 10 vehicles (except for SPGs) income increased in average by 10%.
- For tier 9, 8, 7, 6 vehicles (except SPGs) income also increased but not as much as for tier 10 vehicles.
- Tracers have been temporary turned off:
- Removed all tracers from unspotted enemy vehicles, except of SPG’s tracers
- The area in SPGs aiming mode, where tracer of non-spotted SPGs is being shown, has been reduced.
- Changed the mechanism of shot accuracy calculation. Now amount of shells falling on side of the aiming circle will decrease by 20%. Shells will fly more accurately and closer to the aim center
- Changed the mechanism of calculating damage and penetration. The extreme numbers will be seen 5% less, while the average amounts will be seen more often
- Removed decreasing coefficients of XP received from dealing damage on TD an SPG. TD’s will receive 33% XP from damage, while SPG owners will notice 50% boost in the same parameter
- Added ‘assist’ bonus for tracking enemy: if you track enemy and allies deal damage to it, or even destroy it, you will receive an XP bonus. Mechanism will work similarly to current damage on spotted vehicles mechanics
- Shell normalization of all ACPR and ARCP shells decreased from 5 to 2 degrees
- Mechanism, which allows to determine what bonuses (XP, credits, frags count) will be received for damaging or killing tanks using physics (pushing to water or from the cliffs etc.) and by whom, was added
- Added compensation mode for vehicle moving in Sniper mode (can be enabled in setting by selecting ‘Use dynamic camera’ option)
- Rebalanced Tank Company requirements for different types of tanks. Now all ‘divisions’ will have same requirements for Medium and Heavy tanks, TD’s and SPG’s. Limitations for light tanks will still be in place
- Inclination and declination angles of Matilda Black Prince have been increased.
- Balance changes have been made on map ‘Fjords’. Also one-storey wooden houses can be now destroyed.
- Balance changes have been made to the “assault” game mode on Westfield.
- Full rebalance of SPGs was made (full list will be available closer to the update)
- Overall velocity of SPGs’ shells decreased (10-15% for regular guns and 50% for short ‘mortar’ guns)
- Most of SPGs receive an increase in reloading time by average of 10-20%
- Rebalancing of premium shells has been performed (the full list of changes will be available later in a special appendix):
- Price adjustments have been performed according to the efficiency value, which was calculated for each type of shells minding its penetration value and damage.
- The price for some APCR/ACRP shells has been increased and for some of them reduced.
- The price for almost all HEAT shells has been increased because they turned out to be cheaper despite the same efficiency as for APCR/ACRP shells.
- Almost all premium HEAT shells remain without any changes except for some HE shell types.
- Rebalancing of HE shells has been performed (the full list of changes will be available later in a special appendix):
- Armor penetration of high Tier HE shells was decreased
- Middle Tier HE shells (105-122 mm) armor penetration was significantly decreased
- Premium shells, which characteristics were changed, were compensated with credits according to the shell purchase price
- VK 16.02 Leopard tank model has been significantly improved.
- Visual models of the following tanks have been improved: Matilda Black Prince, SU-85B, SU-14, T26E4, GW. Panther, SU-26, Hummel, Е-100 (turret has been moved 10 cm closer to the front), SU-18, Object 212, Т-54, BТ-2, АТ2, Pz.Kpfw. II Ausf. G, Pz.Kpfw. I Ausf. C.
- Graphics has been improved on the following maps : Murovanka, Widepark , Airfield.
- Visual changes have been made to ‘Ruinberg’ map.
- Reworked animation on base flag
- Sound processing module has been reworked. Now it’s possible to play more sounds without sound distortions and while using less system resources.
- Changed mechanics of ambient sounds placement on the map. Removed ‘dead zones’, increased volume of wind in SPG-mode of view, created new events for water, industrial objects and fire
- Decreased amount of sounds of tank ground hits while driving though curvy areas
- Increased distance of fire sound, changed dependence of sounds on camera position, added physical model of hearing sounds from a distance
- Increased distance of other tank sounds to add ‘Doppler effect’ to increase reality of two vehicles moving side-by-side
- Increased variety of tank hit sounds
- Changed sound of tank destruction
- Added 3D parameter. All players, who have 5.1 multimedia system will experience greater realism of the game.
- Reworked mechanism of informing about memory lack
- Added an automatic quality regulation system of tuning special effect depending on resources usage and system performance, which will reduce quality of effects (explosions, smokes and fire) automatically if fps drop is detected
- Corrections have been made to names of French tanks and their modules.
- Fixed the low turning speed of some vehicles on bridges
- Added small corrections to battle and video tutorials
- Fixed collision models of small objects
- Fixed errors and improved display of dynamic shades
- Partly fixed issue of NVIDIA 309 and newer drivers conflict with WoT client