Update 8.4 is coming, and it’s time to test the changes! The World of Tanks development team needs to conduct a thorough test and they want you to take part.
The public test server is now open.
The development team want to make the game as good as possible and getting your feedback is a big part of that. Taking part in the public test is your chance to let us know your thoughts and suggestions on forthcoming updates. This means we can review your feedback and make any further changes before the update goes live.
All World of Tanks players are eligible to take part in the public test as long as they registered before 11th February 2013. You don’t need to be an experienced tester to join in; you just need to be willing to try out as many of the new features as you can and send us your feedback!
Main Features of Version 8.4
- A new line of British tank destroyers is added to the tech tree.
- Three light tanks added to the German tech tree.
- Premium tank destroyer SU-100Y added to the Soviet tech tree.
- Four maps re-rendered: Steppes, Fisherman’s Bay, Ensk, Live Oaks.
- New tutorial for new players.
How the Public Test Works
When it is time to run a public test, the developers will release a test version of the client. This can be downloaded by following the instructions below. Make sure that you follow all of the instructions carefully, so that you don’t accidentally cause problems to your main play account.
Your test client account will usually be a copy of your play account, meaning that all the vehicles purchased and research that you have completed will be the same. However, please note:
- The test account is completely separate to your normal account. Achievements and research that you complete on the test client will not be carried over to your play account.
- Financial transactions are not possible on the test server and payments will not be accepted.
- Depending on the needs of the test, your test account may be credited with gold, credits or experience.
- The test server is subject to the same EULA and general rules as the World of Tanks game server. This means that you still need to play nice, or face the usual consequences just the same as on the official game server.
- All test accounts will receive a one-time credit of:
- 100,000,000 XP
- 100,000,000 Credits
- 20,000 Gold
- The rate of credits and experience gain will not be increased for this test.
Once you have logged into the test client, you are encouraged to play as much or as little as you want. Feel free to try out all the new features and see what you can do!
Once you have been playing for a while, please let us know your feedback by posting to these special forum threads: The first is for bug reports and the second is for general feedback about the test version. The community managers will collect up all your responses on the thread and send them to the developers.
The sort of feedback we are particularly interested in includes:
- Any bugs or glitches that you have found in the game. Got stuck in the scenery? Game crashes when you do a certain action? Tell us all about it!
- Honest feedback about vehicles and game mechanics. If you think something doesn’t function well, then please tell us.
- Anything you particularly like? Do you love the new stats for a previously underpowered vehicle? Confirm to the developers that the community is now satisfied with that feature, letting them focus on other new improvements.
How to Join the Public Test
Eager to get going? Follow the instructions below to join the test!
- Download the test client installer.
- Make sure you pick a save location that is different to your regular World of Tanks game files. Save and run the installer. (9.2 MB)
- Run the new copy of the game. The launcher will download all the additional data (4.50 GB).
- Log in and start playing. Remember to post your feedback to this forum thread.
Please be aware of the following:
- In order to make the test experience more efficient, it may be necessary to limit the number of players on the test server. . If the server is full when you log in, you’ll be placed into a queue.
- The test server will be restarted regularly, according to the following schedule:
- First Periphery: 06:00 CET (05:00 GMT) every EVEN day of the month. Average duration will be around 25 minutes.
- Second Periphery: 06:00 CET (05:00 GMT) every ODD day of the month. Average duration will be around 25 minutes.
- Central Database: 04:30 CET (03:30 GMT) every day. Average duration will be around 2 or 3 minutes.
- The test server may be subject to unscheduled restarts and maintenance.
- And of course, remember that it is a test server! This means that you may encounter bugs and temporary features. Everything in the test version could change before the final release.
Thank you for taking part in the public test! Good luck and have fun!
List of Changes Between Version 8.3 and 8.4 (Test Version):
Important! NVIDIA video card driver versions 310.70 & 310.90 may cause client crashes & FPS drop-downs. It is recommended to use driver version 306.97.
- Added a branch of tank destroyers to the British tech tree: Universal Carrier QF 2 pounder, Alecto, Valentine AT, АТ 2, АТ 7, Gun Carrier Churchill, АТ 8, АТ 15, А39 Tortoise, FV215b(183).
- Added three new German light tanks: Pz.I, Pz.I Ausf.С , Pz.II Ausf.G.
- The following German light tanks have been moved to Tier IV, V and VI to match their rebalanced characteristics: Luchs, VK 1602, VK2801
- New USSR premium tier VI tank destroyer available in the in-game shop: SU-100Y.
- New US Tier VI SPG added for testing: Sexton.
- The following maps were reworked for improved graphics: Steppes, Fisherman's Bay, Ensk, Live Oaks.
- Dragon Ridge and Serene Coast maps removed from random battle mode for re-working.
- Game and visual fixes for the following maps: Cliff, Prokhorovka, Abbey.
- "Assault" mode has been temporary disabled for the following maps: Malinovka and Westfield.
- Fixed rounding on roads and crater textures for the Ruinberg map.
- Battle tutorial for beginners has been added (tutorial mission has its own map).
- Game supports NVIDIA SLI configurations.
- Reduced slope of the lower nose plate of the Pz. V Panther to 55 degrees.
- Reduced slope of the lower nose plate of the T-44 to degrees.
- Fixed minor bugs with the damage model of the following tanks: AT-15А, Matilda Black Prince, Matilda (USSR), Grille, AMX 13-75, AMX 13-90, AMX 12t, Churchill I, VK 4205B, M12, M41, Object 212, Caernarvon, M46 Patton, Maus, Е-100.
- Improved the protection offered by the joint between lower and higher nose plates on Caernarvon, Conqueror and FV215b tanks.
- Fixed bugs in visual models: IS-3, Churchill LL, М41, Т69, KV-3, TOG-2, SU-14, S-51, Hetzer.
- Fixed mixed up left and right tracks in the damage model of the WZ131 tank.
- Fixed camo costs for Chinese T-34-2.
- Fixed appearance of the final drive cover for Т-34 and vehicles built on its hull.
- Removed the restriction of the “external view” button for vehicles with incomplete crew.
- Added the possibility to choose addressing system in battle chat: with or without auto save of the addressee.
- Tanks with auto loader system will reload the whole cassette/drum instead of one shell when the “Intuition” skill is triggered.
- Fixed the loss of performance on some configurations while using server reticle in sniper mode.
- The FPS rate in hangar is forcibly limited to 60 FPS.
- Reworked and optimised tank engine exhaust effect.
- Returned the option to train crew members for tanks missing in the hangar. A separate warning window has been added for this purpose.
- Added a windowed full-screen option (maximize button in the right top corner).
- Fixed barrel scoring and turret turning after a hit.
- Fixed after-shot rattle in the left speaker for some configurations.
- Fixed the ammo order during a turret or gun change.
- Fixed barrel scoring in some cases when targeting a close obstacle.
- Fixed some bugs in the visual models of surrounding objects and building damage.
- Fixed client crash when pressing "Update Device" in the settings menu.
- Fixed wrong output for FPS values, ping and lag indication for the Logitech G19 keyboard.
- Added new pictures to the login screen.
- Complemented description of commemorative medals.
- Fixed a bug which mixed up the command order "Affirmative!" and "Negative!" for tank destroyers in some situations.
- Added additional effects for destroying big tanks.
- Added the ability to remove heavy weight equipment and modules and replace them with lower weight ones when the chassis is overloaded.
- Fixed some bugs in the display and update rate of dynamic shadows.
- Added display of the drowning timer and module repair indicator in the post mortem observation mode.
- Fixed a rare client crash after fast quitting and then connecting to the game.
- "Damage upon detecting" in the after-battle statistics renamed to "Damage upon your detecting".
- Fixed audio interruptions during the voice chat test.
- Implemented restoration of voice chat functionality after disconnection.
- When the client is minimised, the icon now blinks five seconds before the battle starts rather that at the start.
- Fixed glitch with "Sniper" achievement when damaging allied tank with HE shell.
- Fixed inconsistent amount of credits received for selling a vehicle being displayed in both vehicle selling window and following system notifications.
- Fixed complaints in the post-battle statistics for players not involved in the platoon.
- Fixed camera in-tank-entry when you are close to some objects.
- Fixed failure "10 calibers rule" for internal ricochet
- Fixed some bugs in achieving Kolobanov's medal for cases when the members of both teams quit to the hangar before the end of a battle.
- Fixed the display of a sold tank showing as not researched in the tech tree.
- Fixed a rare client crash when going to the tank research window.
- Added information on "potentially received damage" to the post-battle statistics. This considered all the potential damage that a tank could receive from ricocheted or non-penetrated shells (including side skirt armour).
- Fixed damage from falling received by absent turret for TDs and SPGs.
- Fixed display of team damage and team kill for the post-battle statistics window when allied tank was destroyed by fire after your hit.
- Fixed descriptions of the "Sniper" and "Steel Wall" achievements.