How the Public Test Works
New to testing? Check out our handy guide to public tests.
Eligibility: Every player who registered their account before 18 November 2015.
Feedback: please post your general feedback about the test versionand bug reports in the in the special thread on our forum:
Test client download
- Download the test client installer (4.9 MB).
- Make sure you pick a save location that is different to your regular World of Tanks game files. Save and run the installer.
- Run the new copy of the game. The launcher will download all the additional data.
- Log in and start playing.
Please be aware of the following:
The test server will be restarted regularly, according to the following schedule:
- First Periphery: 05:00 CET every day. Average duration will be around 25 minutes.
- Second Periphery: 06:00 CET every day. Average duration will be around 25 minutes.
- Central Database: 10:00 CET every day. Average duration will be around 2 minutes.
The test server may be subject to unscheduled restarts and maintenance.
Changes to Sound Design in the Special Test:
- Replaced the current FMOD sound engine with Wwise.
- Emphasised the informational component of sound. Now, the players always hear the most important in-game events first.
- Fully reworked all gameplay sound content.
- New battle ambience is composed of unique content, recorded at various proving grounds.
- Increased the overall distance at which important sounds are heard. Now, all events for shots, explosions and hits cover the whole vehicle visibility range (~600m), creating a more informative and immersive combat environment.
- Reworked the sound design for both arcade and Sniper aim modes.
- Fully reworked the sound of vehicle engines. The new sounds are based on authentic recordings of WWII armoured vehicles.
- Fully reworked the sound of vehicle tracks. Now, as with engines, the sound of tracks changes depending on the manoeuvres of a vehicle.
- Fully reworked the sounds of gun shots, both inside and outside of vehicle turrets. However, the current system of calibres has been kept.
- Fully reworked the sounds of penetration. Now, not only can a player identify the calibre of the penetrating shell—they can also identify how much damage the penetration caused to their vehicle.
- While in Sniper aim, players can now identify by ear from which direction their vehicle was hit.
- Reworked the sounds of tracers. Now, there is a discernible difference in how shells of different calibres sound when hurtling in close proximity to your vehicle.
- Reworked the sounds of vehicle explosions.
- Reworked and re-implemented the special sound upon causing a critical hit.
- Introduced sound notifications upon destruction of vehicle modules.
Changes to Physics in the Special Test:
Increased the mobility of light and medium tanks.
- Light and medium tanks will be more mobile, due to the fact that they will no longer lose speed when driving over various terrain irregularities (bumps, rails, etc.).
- While on the move, press SPACE and a directional button to execute the clutch-braking manoeuvre(not available for tank destroyers and SPGs).
The ability to control turn radius
- While turning, release the forward directional button to decrease the turn radius. Press forward again to regain speed.
New ramming capabilities
- You can now turn over enemy vehicles by pushing them off steep hills.
- By popular demand, the reticle and camera in Sniper aim are stabilised as much as possible. The "gun rocking" mechanics have been disabled.
Thank you for taking part in the public test! Good luck and have fun!