Main Features of the First Public Test of Version 9.1
- New Map: Kharkov
- Marks of Excellence added on tank barrels
- Maps Arctic Region, Tundra, Komarin, Windstorm and Northwest improved
- New medals for SPGs
- New achievements in Team Battles
- Reworked matchmaking for light tanks tier IV-VII
- Fixes and rebalancing of certain vehicles
- One new Historical Battle added: Siege of Tobruk (North Africa, 1942).
- Removed two previous Historical Battles: “Battle of Kursk” and “Battle of the Bulge”
For full details, see the Patch Notes below.
How the Public Test Works
New to testing? Check out our handy guide to public tests.
Eligibility: Every player who registered their account before 11 May 2014.
Feedback: please post your general feedback about the test version and bug reports in the appropriate threads on our forum.
Test client download
- Download the test client installer.
- Make sure you pick a save location that is different to your regular World of Tanks game files. Save and run the installer. (10.5 MB)
- Run the new copy of the game. The launcher will download all the additional data (7.5 GB)
- Log in and start playing. Remember to post your feedback to this forum thread.
Please be aware of the following:
The test server will be restarted regularly, according to the following schedule:
- First Periphery: 06:00 CEST (04:00 UTC) every EVEN day of the month. Average duration will be around 25 minutes.
- Second Periphery: 07:00 CEST (05:00 UTC) every ODD day of the month. Average duration will be around 25 minutes.
- Central Database: 11:00 CEST (09:00 UTC) every day. Average duration will be around 2 or 3 minutes.
The test server may be subject to unscheduled restarts and maintenance.
Changes betwen version 9.1 Public Test 1 and version 9.0
- New Kharkiv map added.
- Improvements and corrections added to the following maps: Arctic Region, Tundra, Komarin, Windstorm, and Northwest.
- Appearance frequency of Ruinberg on Fire map has been decreased
- Added new historical battle: Siege of Tobruk (North Africa 1942)
- Removed two previous historical battles: “Battle of Kursk” and “Battle of the Bulge”
- Minor visual problems with textures and patterns in a large number of vehicles fixed.
- Minor visual problems with textures and patterns for certain objects on maps fixed.
- Fixed minor mistakes in the Valentine II and Pz. Kpfw 38 (t) models
- Effects of exhaust gases for all vehicles reworked.
- Emblem location on certain vehicles fixed.
- Vehicle explosion effect changed.
- Display of Marks (rings, stars, etc. depending on the nation) on guns added for damage caused.
- Functionality of a blown-off turret “slipping” from tank hull added.
- Collision of a blown-off tank turret with surface now depends on the surface type.
- Five new awards introduced for SPGs: Rock Solid, For Counter-Battery Fire, Gore’s Medal, Cold-Blooded, and Stark’s Medal.
- New awards added in Team Battles: Fire and Steel, Heavy Fire, Pyromaniac, Promising Fighter, No Man's Land.
- Conditions for Billotte's Medal, Bruno's Medal, and Tarczay's Medal clarified.
- The Operation Nostalgia award moved from the Commemorative Tokens category to the Special category.
- Conditions for the Armored Fist award changed: it is now granted even if the player’s vehicle was destroyed.
- Fixed awards condition for ‘Tactical Genius’ achievement that might not have been credited before in a case when users fulfilled the awards conditions.
- Version of FMOD sound library updated.
- Gunfire sounds completely reworked for testing purposes.
- Sound effect of gun’s resonance when firing added (when firing is observed from the side of the gun).
- Gunfire sound muting added in Sniper mode (from the turret).
- Different tonal characteristics added to gunfire sounds, depending on the side from which gun-firing is heard (front or back of the gun, etc.).
- Sounds of turret traverse and after-firing shell cartridge ejection added in Sniper mode or at maximum zoom of the camera to the turret.
- For testing purposes, engine and suspension sound patterns for the U.S. M18 Hellcat and M36 Jackson tank destroyers completely reworked.
- Reach of sound distance increased from 300m to 600m
- Reworked tracer sounds
- Reworked sounds of destroying vehicles according to players’ feedback
- Online/offline status of a friend in the chat will now be displayed correctly regardless of which server the friend is using.
- Maximum number of characters in chat messages in the Garage increased to 512.
- In the Summary tab of the Achievements window, the clan icon and the date when the player joined the clan are now displayed.
- Corrections and improvements affecting interface in Team Battles implemented.
- Display of the time period for Historical Battles added.
- Dialog windows for confirming changes in Graphics settings changed.
- In Tank Company Battles, it is no longer possible to start a battle without a Commander.
- Display order of parameters in the Summary tab of the Achievements window changed.
- The Gametrix JetSeat settings section moved from the General tab to a new settings tab.
- License agreement is now displayed after login, before loading the Garage.
- The Dynamic FoV option added.
- Certain settings in the Graphics tab rearranged.
- Start time for display of tracer effects changed.
- Crew members can be trained for skills and perks even if the vehicle is damaged.
- Quality of basic Emblems for nations improved.
- Certain game client crashes and hang-ups fixed.
- “Shaking” of tracks when switching between HD vehicles in the Garage fixed.
- Certain bugs and defects in the Graphics settings window fixed.
- Fixed issue with excessive load on video card when game client is minimized.
- Certain bugs during battle playback fixed.
- Certain bugs in the missions interface fixed.
- Issue when in certain casesricochet effect was displayed on penetrating armor fixed.
- Vehicle burning effects optimised for better performance.
- Fixed the bug that caused equipment mounted on a vehicle to be displayed in a random order in battles.
- Fixed incorrect displaying of tracers (some of them might fly through a vehicle before fix implementation)
- Fixed some issues with camera movements in the arcade mode
- Upper limit for the range of battles for Tiers IV to VII light tanks reduced.
- Afterfire visibility factor for all tank destroyers (except Premium) aligned (mainly increased) with the factors for the same guns on other types of vehicles.
- Damage with UBR-354KA shell fired by 76 mm L-10, L-10U, L-10S, and KT-28 guns changed from 105 to 110 (a bug with Premium shell dealing 5 points more damage than ordinary shells fixed).
- Crossing capacity for VK 28.01 suspension on solid terrain increased by 20%.
- Crossing capacity for VK 28.01 suspension on medium terrain increased by 18%.
- Crossing capacity for VK 28.01 suspension on soft terrain increased by 10%.
- Crossing capacity for VK 28.01 verstarkteketten suspension on solid terrain increased by 22%.
- Crossing capacity for VK 28.01 verstarkteketten suspension on medium terrain increased by 20%.
- Crossing capacity for VK 28.01 verstarkteketten suspension on soft terrain increased by 11%.
- Maximum forward speed changed from 60 km/h to 68 km/h.
- Aiming time for 105 mm M4 gun changed from 2.3 sec. to 2.5 sec.
- Reload time for 105 mm M4 gun changed from 8 sec. to 9 sec.
- Two upper battle levels removed.
- Crossing capacity for MT-25 suspension on solid terrain increased by 12%.
- Crossing capacity for MT-25 suspension on medium terrain increased by 11%.
- Crossing capacity for MT-25 suspension on soft terrain increased by 6%.
- Crossing capacity for MT-25 reinforced suspension on solid terrain increased 14%.
- Crossing capacity for MT-25 reinforced suspension on medium terrain increased by 12%.
- Crossing capacity for MT-25 reinforced suspension on soft terrain increased by 6%.
- V-16 engine (600 h.p.) replaced with V-16M engine (700 h.p.).
Thank you for taking part in the public test! Good luck and have fun!