UPDATE: the test server is now closed. The 7.2 update is now live on the game-server.
The World of Tanks development team gives all players the opportunity to partake in the third update 7.2 mass test. The update will be released the near future, and we want to get your feedback on the latest build. During this test a special World of Tanks update v. 7.2 will be available for playing on test servers only.
Please note that the public test server starts at 14:00 CET (13:00 GMT) on Thursday, March 22. In order to make your game experience more efficient we limited the number of gamers on the server. As a result you could be placed on the waiting list each time we reach 26.000 players in battle. The public test server will restart every day at 01:00 CET (00:00 GMT) for 25-45 minutes. The estimated end date of the third test is March 27, 2012.
Attention! Please, install the test game client version in a different folder, other than the current game client version! Also switch off the game client before installing the update. Only players who have registered prior to 21:00 UTC, March 2, 2012, can login the test server. To participate in the test you need to do the following steps:
- Download the test game client in a separate directory:
Download full game client with 7.2 update (2.62 GB)
Or download v.7.2 test game client torrent file.
- Run the game. The game client launcher will be updated with test #3 update files automatically. Files score 24 MB in total.
Please, keep in mind certain special features of the public test server:
- Players' database was compiled similarly to the first and the second test of 7.2 update, when the system selected an account randomly out of several, registered on several servers per a single email.
- Payments are not accepted on the mass test server.
- Credit and experience rates for public test server are multiplied by 10. All players are given 15,000 gold for testing purposes.
- Progress won't be transferred to the main EU server.
We draw your attention to the fact that the test server is subject to EULA and general rules of World of Tanks game server. The restrictions and punishments are the same as on the official game server of World of Tanks. The details of the v.7.2 update public test can be discussed in a special forum thread. The discussion of failures and bugs of test update 7.2 is carried out in special sub-forums only.
If your PC is a bit outdated (e.g. older than 8 years), you might face graphics bugs and will need to download a special small update. You can also :
- Reinstall the 7.2 Test # 1 client and then update it.
- Download the special micro-update available via test client game launcher.
List of changes between mass test #2 and test #3 of the 7.2 update:
- Bugs in destroyed models of M103 (mantlet) and T110E5 (mantlet) fixed.
- Temporarily removed notifications about vehicle detection and tanks destroyed or damaged due to detection.
- Changed battle levels for Churchill, KV-220 and T14.
- Parameter of new TDs and heavy tanks Т34, Т30, Т110Е5 and М103 are rebalanced after testing.
- Reworked pop-up hint for perks available for research.
- Added information about autoloader recharge (C) and interface turn off (V) to the in-battle help screen (F1).
- Cancelled the option of retraining Chinese crew members for non-existing tanks.
- Reduced the interval between the tank icon and a neighbour element in the in-battle team lists.
- Cost of HE anti-tanks shells for Т110E5 reduced to 10 gold.
- Removed modules of several premium and top tanks from store.
- Removed notifications about zero cost of ammo and consumables supply.
- Changed the cost of research and cost in credits of M46 Patton top gun.
- Added battle type description to statistics viewed at clicking TAB key.
- Temporarily removed one-click repair and cure function available when one module of a vehicle is damaged or a crew member is hit.
Implemented several changes for the new game economy:
- M4A3E2: the cost of repair change is reduced two times, from +50% to +25%.
- M4A3E8: the cost of repair change is reduced two times, from +50% to +25%.
- М24 Chaffee: returned profitability as of update 7.1.
- JagdTiger: returned profitability and repair cost as of update 7.1.
- T95: returned profitability and repair cost as of update 7.1.
- Object704: repair cost returned as of update 7.1. Profitability change reduced from -7% to -5%.
- Fixed description of "Steel Wall" achievement.
- Fixed and reworked descriptions of skills and perks.
- Fixed bugs with Type 59 texturing.
- Fixed occasional game client failure at entering garage.
- Fixed position of emission in M103 and T110E5.
- Fixed tank icon of T110E5.
- Fixed the reduced price for TD Т49.
- Fixed camouflage "zigzag" for TD M18 Hellcat.
- Fixed visual model of damaged TD Т25/2.
- Fixed text descriptions for several camouflages.
- Fixed bugs in damaged model of VK3601H.
- Fixed bugs in damaged model of TD SU-85.
- Fixed an occasional bug when a vehicle did not enter battle (hang up during the map loading).
- Fixed the bug with AMX 13 90 tank turret angle altitude.
- Fixed non-display of enemy platoons on the team list.
- Fixed visual bugs on new maps Province and Live Oaks.
- Fixed displacement of a marker over a team killer.
- Fixed display of armor for SU-85 and Т95 in the interface.
- Fixed incorrect message appearing at demounting equipment from a damaged vehicle.
- Fixed double purchase of a module in garage.
- Fixed the bug with skills reset interface elements disappearing.
- Fixed several bugs in armor of TD Т95.
- Fixed names of turrets of TD Т25/2.
- Fixed the bug when an interface for newcomers appeared for players with number of battles more than 0.
- Fixed several bugs in the new battle balance system.
- Fixed issues with the display of subheads in the Menu -> Settings.
- Fixed bugs in display of in-battle chat text messages.
- Fixed position and blurring of text and icons in the system channel.
- Fixed an occasional hang up at request for other player's battle statistics.
- Fixed display of cyrillic symbols in the arcade reticle "Panzer" indicator.
- Fixed shooting effects for guns of M10 Wolverine and M36 Slagger.
- Fixed same names for suspensions of BT-2.
- Fixed the productivity and hang up failure caused by the new interface mapping library version.
- Fixed the bug when equipment disappeared once it was changed from complex to demountable.