With a new event comes new rewards, and this year, you can unlock unique 3D styles that have been created as modifications for the X IS-7 , X Manticore , and X Leopard 1 to withstand the harsh environment of Mirny. In this article, you will learn about these modifications and find out more about the styles, plus how to get them.
Report on Testing Modifications in Mirny
Armored, mobile, and reliable. Vehicles of this type became the core of the exploratory raids into Mirny—their mission was to draw enemy fire, giving their allies time to deploy. Not all returned. Being the first is often a difficult task. Perhaps someday we will return for the rest of them and take them home. We have developed a modification that will increase the IS-7's chances during rescue operations. In these operations, the main objective is to get in, watch, and get out.
That's why we used additional equipment to increase the vehicle's protection and survivability. It was also to improve crew orientation while adapting the armaments to the unfamiliar conditions.
- The mine plow proved its effectiveness. It can withstand at least one if not two Hedgehogs, improving your chances.
- The radar system improves orientation in Mirny's poor visibility conditions. It helped us better navigate during our search operations. But it requires careful calibration each time upon return.
- The protective equipment for the gun and gun mantlet proved to be effective (albeit fragile) in operation. The operating conditions and the experience of the returned crews should be studied more carefully.
- The deep-water fording equipment was not used due to its long preparation time. Continued testing is required.
- The vehicle's hull is covered with Mirium streaks—the Collector is probably no longer airtight. It is required to detect leaks and take measures to fix them. All crews that were operating the vehicles should be sent for additional examination. This was a direct order from Hope.
Vehicles of this type were used as scouts in exploratory raids. The Manticore with the Pointer modification was the only vehicle to return from Group 36, a squad thanks to which we received good information about the possible vulnerability of the Immortal. We believe this is the best confirmation of the effectiveness of the applied modifications. Excessive caution of the crew? The most important qualities a scout can have are caution and circumspection. This modification was created for such purposes. We consider the project a clear success.
- The systems for recording information and observing worked beyond belief. In Mirny, you can't even trust yourself, your perception, or your rationality. But a Reel recording, preserved in good quality, is the best thing in a dispute with either skeptics or yourself, when you start analyzing your memories and doubting them...
- The lighting equipment was useful for orientation—when it worked. It's hard to say when exactly it became inoperable. Yes, not completely, and it's better than nothing, like before. But even half the darkness of Mirny is too much. Please modify the design to make it more reliable.
- The additional radio worked great. We guided the group to the correct area and transmitted information to the base without interference. Great stuff! Thanks to uninterrupted communication with the base, the Manticore returned from Group 36. By the way, the guys asked me to give a big thank you to Hope for her support—and for everything in general. Without her, things would be much different.
Leopard 1: Blitzlicht
The Leopard 1 modifications were created as the core fire support for exploratory groups. The key goal was to improve fire characteristics and provide a safe environment for the crew, which would provide firing cover for their recon group. It was the Blitzlicht modification that proved to be so successful that we continued to use it during the second stage of the Mirny incident—within Hope's operation.
- The crew's life support systems turned out to be top-notch. We felt comfortable enough even in the deepest regions of Mirny, and even during active interaction with the enemy. The only difficulties we had to struggle with were our feelings.
- The effectiveness of the gun modifications is also proven through combat experience. The Leopard 1s were good at suppressing the enemy if they could be kept at a distance. If not... Well, you're aware of this vehicle's protection. The crews were also aware of this.
- The smoke grenade launchers should be mentioned separately—their placement on the gun barrel proved to be an excellent solution. Thanks to that, we were able to cover our teammates promptly and effectively.
- As for the suspension improvements, I cannot say to what extent they were justified. The default driving characteristics of Leopard 1s are sufficient to support Rhyolites. Evacuation in emergency situations? I don't know what this means. We all leave together or stay until the end.
Get your hands on the dark 3D styles for these three great tanks directly in the game:
The styles feature powerful searchlights, reservoirs for collecting Mirium, video cameras that are resistant to electromagnetic radiation, and other unusual elements. 3D styles can be purchased for 4,500 gold each in the game client.
Additional 3D Style Offers
The IS-7, Manticore, and Leopard 1 are not the only vehicles that were prepared to face the evils of Mirny. Three mighty German vehicles also fell under the influence of the anomalies and received upgrades to their exteriors. The haunting "Revenant Mk. II" 3D styles for the VIII Panther II , IX E 50 , and X E 50 Ausf. M were created by the iconic Japanese video game artist Masahiro Ito, art director of the first three Silent Hill games. They are available right now in the Premium Shop!
Power up your vehicles, join a Platoon, and fight a variety of AI-driven armored enemies, including the Immortal! Earn Decryption Keys and unlock plentiful rewards, including credits, spooky decals, 3D styles, and the VII King Tiger (Captured) .