Progress towards the upcoming version 8.0 for World of Tanks continues with the second part of our public test. We’re still looking to finalise some settings and tweak some properties in order to roll out the new physics, which continues to be the main focus of our testing efforts. Wargaming is extending an invitation to all players to join this new adventure, so that we can gather more informative data and ensure the game’s quality for the future.
The fourth public test starts today (September 21st).
Taking part in the public test is your chance to let us know your thoughts and suggestions on forthcoming updates. This means we can review your feedback and make any further changes before the update goes live.
All World of Tanks players are eligible to take part in the public test. You don’t need to be an experienced tester to join in; you just need to be willing to try out as many of the new features as you can!
Main Features of Version 8.0
- New Physics
- Reworking of maps
- New Soviet Tank Destroyers
- UI Improvements
How the Public Test Works
When it is time to run a public test, the developers will release a test version of the client. This can be downloaded by following the instructions below. Make sure that you follow all of the instructions carefully, so that you don’t accidentally cause problems to your main play account.
Your test client account will usually be a copy of your play account, meaning that all the vehicles purchased and research that you have completed will be the same. However, please note:
- The test account is completely separate to your normal account. Achievements and research that you complete on the test client will not be carried over to your play account.
- Financial transactions are not possible on the test server and payments will not be accepted.
- Depending on the needs of the test, your test account may be credited with gold, credits or experience. In addition the experience gain rate may be increased substantially.
- The test server is subject to the same EULA and general rules as the World of Tanks game server. This means that you still need to play nice and enjoy the game with the community.
Once you have logged into the test client, you are encouraged to play as much or as little as you want. Feel free to try out all the new features and see what you can do!
How to Join the Public Test
- Eager to get going? Follow the instructions below to join the test!
- Download the test client installer.
- Make sure you pick a save location that is different to your regular World of Tanks game files. Save and run the installer.
- Run the new copy of the game. The launcher will download all the additional data.
- Log in and start playing. Please leave your feedback here.
Please be aware of the following:
- This public test is intended to focus on the testing of the new physics within regular battle conditions. This means that players could be experimenting using both regular ammo and gold ammo. They could also be trying out some of the premium tanks. Feel free to enjoy the new physics, but remember that there are enemies out there and a battle to win! Dangling off a bridge may be fun, but it also makes it easy for the enemy to shoot you!
- In order to make the test experience more efficient, it may be necessary to limit the number of players on the test server. If the server is full when you log in, you’ll be placed into a queue.
- The test server will be restarted regularly, according to the following schedule:
- 03:00 CEST (01:00 GMT) every odd day (ie 7th, 9th, 11th etc), lasting around 25 minutes.
- The test server may be subject to unscheduled restarts and maintenance.
- And of course, remember that it is a test server! This means that you may encounter bugs and temporary features. Everything in the test version could change before the final release.
Thank you for taking part in the public test! Good luck and have fun!
Changes from 8.0.3 to 8.0.4 Test
- Fixed the disappearance of tank icons in team tab of after battle statitstics
- Partly fixed the drop in productivity in Sniper Mode while big number of trees is displayed
- Fixed the productivity drop when entering bushes
- Fixed the loss of engine sound while changing followed tank in post mortem mode or switching between aiming modes
- Final team statistics expanded to contain all 15 players in one window without necessity of scrolling
- Fixed the disable of tank controls in the battle for cases when player left previous battle with in-game chat activated
- Fixed to dark lighting of Ruinberg map with standard render
- Fixed not working remapping of ‘number’ and ‘space’ buttons
- Chinese camouflage patterns were tuned according to seasons
- In the game terms lighting/scouting was replaced by ‘reconnaissance data’
- Fixed incorrect work of ‘Grass display in Sniper Mode’ setting
- Fixed acid colors of ‘Westfield’ landscape
- Fixed game freezing upon changing already purchased emblem
- Improved ‘Mines’ map graphics
- Fixed the color and density fog on ‘El-Halluf’ map
- Fixed display of black artifacts in the sky while vehicle is moving.