After completing the test of Field Modification on the Sandbox server, we carefully analyzed your feedback and all the data we obtained. Many thanks to all the active and dedicated players who supported us and joined the test—your help was invaluable! Following the test results, we improved certain aspects of Field Modification that were widely discussed during the Sandbox testing.
We’re now ready to take the next step and invite you to participate in the second Common Test of Update 1.14, where you can try out the newest version of Field Modification. Join the test and share your impressions about this adjusted feature!
Field Modification: A Feature to Tweak Your Favorite Tanks
Let's take a quick look at the core mechanics of Field Modification and how they can benefit your favorite vehicles.
Field Modification is available for all Tier VI–X vehicles (including Collectors', special, and Premium vehicles but excluding rentals and vehicles from various special game modes, such as Steel Hunter or Mirny-13). In a nutshell, Field Modification is a set of tools for fine-tuning specific technical characteristics of your tanks, which will become available once they acquire Elite status.
Field Modification consists of three types of modifications that players can make to a vehicle's technical parameters or setup:
- Standard. These are unlocked using Combat or Free XP when the Field Modification level is increased. Standard Modifications provide a small boost to one characteristic, depending on the vehicle combat role.
- Dual. These are purchased using credits and allow your vehicle's characteristics to be redistributed so that it becomes more effective in one aspect at the cost of another.
- Special. The first two of these are available for Tier VI and VII vehicles, and all three—for Tier VIII–X vehicles. The first Special Modification enables the Essentials Loadout, an alternative set of shells and consumables. The second Special Modification provides you with the Auxiliary Loadout, an alternative set of equipment and directives. The third Special Modification allows you to assign a category to a second equipment slot.
Together, these modifications form the Modification Tree. Upon researching and purchasing modifications, you'll improve your vehicles by slightly increasing their technical characteristics to suit your needs.
Modifications affect vehicle parameters and thus the balance of the game in general. As a result, there may be some changes to numerical values in modifications in the future if we see that they are needed to maintain optimal vehicle balance.
All Tier VI–X vehicles with access to Field Modification receive a special parameter: role. There is a total of 15 roles, like Assault Heavy Tank, Breakthrough Heavy Tank, and Versatile Medium Tank, to name a few. The Modification Tree is created for each vehicle with regard to its specific combat role, so the technical adjustments that vehicles of different roles receive from modifications may vary, even if they are of the same tank role.
Field Modification is designed to help you discover new facets of your gameplay and take a fresh look at the strengths of your favorite vehicles. It should not be considered a compulsory addition to the main Tech Tree, but it will make playing some of your tanks even more special and enjoyable.
Field Modification: Balance Improvements
Results from the Sandbox survey show us that most of you liked the general concept of Field Modification and were positive about adding this functionality to the game. You generally appreciated the opportunity to fine-tune your favorite vehicles to your personal playstyle, so the core mechanics of Field Modification remain unchanged.
However, some of you had questions about higher bonuses from Standard Modifications for Tier IX and X vehicles and perceived unbalanced choices in some Dual Modifications. There were also some other concerns about improvements to parameters, which were considered excessive for certain vehicles, such as SPGs or wheeled vehicles.
We have carefully examined all these issues and made the necessary balance improvements. Now, Field Modification has a more balanced and consistent progression system for all vehicles. Individual tanks no longer see their performance fall below acceptable levels, regardless of what role they play in battle.
Adjusted Dual ModificationsExpand
With your feedback, we adjusted the following Dual Modifications and the parameters they affect:
- All roles: reduced effects in the 3rd Dual Modification
- Wheeled light tanks: reduced effects in the 5th Dual Modification
- Versatile light tanks: reduced effects in both the 4th and 5th Dual Modifications
- All roles: reduced effects in the 3rd Dual Modification
- Support tank destroyers: increased HP in both the 4th and 5th Dual Modifications
- Sniper tank destroyers: slightly reduced effects in the 5th Dual Modification
- Versatile tank destroyers: reduced effects in the 5th Dual Modification
- Assault tank destroyers: reduced effects in the 5th Dual Modification
- Slightly reduced effects in both the 1st and 5th Dual Modifications
- Changed the bonus from Standard Modifications at levels VII and VIII to accuracy
- All roles: reduced the chassis and turret traverse bonus in the 1st Dual Modification, removed turret stabilization from the 2nd Dual Modification, and reduced the repair speed bonus in the 3rd Dual Modification
- Sniper medium tanks: reduced effects in the 5th Dual Modification
- Versatile medium tanks: slightly reduced effects in both the 4th and 5th Dual Modifications
- Assault medium tanks: slightly reduced effects in the 4th Dual Modification; added turret stabilization and increased the view range bonus in the 5th Dual Modification
- All roles: changed the composition of both the 1st and 3rd Dual Modifications by removing excessive mobility
- Support heavy tanks: changed the composition of both the 4th and 5th Dual Modifications—removed turret stabilization in the 4th Dual Modification and improved aiming time in the 5th Dual Modification
- Breakthrough heavy tanks: reduced the stabilization bonus in the 5th Dual Modification
- Versatile heavy tanks: removed the forward bonus speed in the 4th Dual Modification; removed stabilization during turret rotation, reduced stabilization on hull movement and traverse, and the resistance bonus to HE shells in the 5th Dual Modification
- Assault heavy tanks: reduced the resistance bonus to HE shells in the 4th Dual Modification and reduced the repair speed bonus in the 5th Dual Modification
We also reduced the bonuses of all vehicle combat roles at Levels VII and VIII of Field Modification.
You can view all these balance adjustments in the updated widget below.
Lastly, we listened to your concerns about the costs of increasing Field Modification Levels and purchasing Dual Modifications across various vehicle tiers. Now, depending on the vehicle tier, costs will be different, with the lowest ones for Tier VI tanks.
|Cost in Credits
|Cost of Changing the Category of the Second Equipment Slot in Credits
Comparison Window Improvement
Another very important change to Field Modification is the improved comparison window, which will now support the following functionality: You can add several vehicles (or multiple different configurations of the same vehicle) for comparison and, by entering advanced settings, apply various modifications that include all possible changes to characteristics. This option will help you understand how to best fine-tune your favorite tanks and which modifications best suit your needs and individual playstyle.
Players with PC configurations close to minimum system requirements may experience slower loading times, sometimes up to a point where they may not have enough time to switch the configuration before the battle starts. We're aware of this issue and are working on a solution that will enable players to switch configurations right on the battle loading screen. This solution will be available with the release of Common Test 3. During CT2, you will see its placeholder on loading screens.
Join the Common Test and experience the improved Field Modification for yourself!