How the Public Test Works
When it is time to run a public test, an appropriate announcement will be published on the World of Tanks website. Shortly after, the developers will release a test version of the client. This can be downloaded by following the instructions below. Make sure that you follow all of the instructions carefully, so that you don’t accidentally cause problems to your main play account.
Your test client account will usually be a copy of your play account, meaning that all the vehicles purchased and the research that you have completed will be the same. However, please note:
- The test account is completely separate from your normal account. Achievements and research that you complete on the test client will not be carried over to your play account.
- Financial transactions are not possible on the test server and payments will not be accepted.
- Depending on the needs of the test, your test account may be credited with gold, credits and/or experience.
The test server is subject to the same EULA and general rules as the World of Tanks game server. This means that you still need to play nice or you will face the usual consequences in the same way as you would on the official game server.
All test accounts will receive a one-time credit of:
The rate at which you gain credits and experience will not be increased for the test unless stated otherwise in the appropriate announcement.
Once you have logged into the test client, you are free to play as much or as little as you want. We encourage you to try out all the new features and see what you can do!
Once you have been playing for a while, please let us know your feedback by posting in the dedicated forum threads. These threads are divided into two categories: bug reports and general feedback about the test version. The appropriate links will be provided in the respective announcement. The community managers will collect up all your responses on the thread and send them to the developers.
The sort of feedback we are particularly interested in includes:
- Any bugs or glitches that you have found in the game. Got stuck in the scenery? Game crashes when you do a certain action? Tell us all about it!
- Honest feedback about vehicles and game mechanics. If you think something doesn’t function well, then please tell us.
- Anything you particularly like? Do you love the new stats for a previously underpowered vehicle? Confirm to the developers that the community is now satisfied with that feature, letting them focus on other new improvements.
In order to join a test, please follow these instructions:
- Download the test client installer (the link will be provided in the announcement)
- Make sure you pick a save location that is different to your regular World of Tanks game files. Save and run the installer.
- Run the new copy of the game. The launcher will download all the additional data (the amount of data may vary).
- Log in and start playing. Remember to post your feedback in the appropriate forum threads.
Please be aware of the following:
In order to make the test experience more efficient, it may be necessary to limit the number of players on the test server. If the server is full when you log in, you’ll be placed into a queue.
The test server will be restarted regularly, according to the following schedule:
- First Periphery: every EVEN day of the month. Average duration will be around 25 minutes.
- Second Periphery: every ODD day of the month. Average duration will be around 25 minutes.
- Central Database: every day. Average duration will be around 2 or 3 minutes.
The test server may be subject to unscheduled restarts and maintenance.