Testing of the updated concept for standard and premium ammunition penetration is scheduled for June 18. The new concept involves a number of changes in the combat characteristics of some top-tier vehicles.
The changes will affect most of the "top" tank destroyers and medium tanks, as well as some heavy tanks.
Here are the basic reasons for the changes:
- Excessive penetration in Tier VIII–X battles: the penetration and non-penetration/miss ratio exceeds the ratio for medium and starting-tier battles.
- The necessity to increase the role of armor in high-tier battles: the statistic investigation shows that the excessive penetration decreases the role of heavy-armoured and medium-armoured vehicles in a high-tier battle.
How the Public Test Works
New to testing? Check out our handy guide to public tests.
Eligibility: Every player who registered their account before 8 June 2015.
Feedback: please post your general feedback about the test version and bug reports in the appropriate threads on our forum.
Test client download
- Download the test client installer.
- Make sure you pick a save location that is different to your regular World of Tanks game files. Save and run the installer. (9.2 MB)
- Run the new copy of the game. The launcher will download all the additional data (6 GB for SD, 9 GB for HD client).
- Log in and start playing. Remember to post your feedback to this forum thread.
Please be aware of the following:
The test server will be restarted regularly, according to the following schedule:
- First Periphery: 06:00 CEST (UTC +2) every EVEN day of the month. Average duration will be around 25 minutes.
- Second Periphery: 07:00 CEST (UTC +2) every ODD day of the month. Average duration will be around 25 minutes.
- Central Database: 11:00 CEST (UTC +2)every day. Average duration will be around 2 or 3 minutes.
The test server is subject to restarts on even or odd days.
Thank you for taking part in the public test! Good luck and have fun!