Changes in Version 9.14
Improved Vehicle Movement Physics
- Introduced a new server model for vehicle movement, as well as for collisions of vehicles with various surfaces, objects, and other vehicles.
- Added new types of maneuvers, as well as modifications to vehicle control and behaviour.
- Added new visual effects for vehicle movement and traversing (skidding, sliding).
- Reworked the behaviour of vehicles when ramming or colliding with other vehicles.
- Implemented the mechanics for flipping vehicles over.
- Replaced the current FMOD sound engine with Audiokinetic Wwise. This allows the processing of sounds on a separate core, which improves the performance of multi-core hardware systems with practically all configurations.
- Reworked the sounds of the basic subsystems:
- The sounds of gun shots both inside and outside of vehicle turrets - the current system of calibres has been kept.
- The sounds of loading guns. The sound corresponds to a particular calibre and depends on the type of loading system: manual or automatic (magazine loading systems).
- The sound of shell penetration. Now players are not only able to identify the calibre of the penetrating shell (or penetration type), but also identify how much damage such penetrations have caused to their vehicles.
- Reworked the sounds of tracers.
- Reworked the sounds of vehicle destruction.
- Fully reworked the sound of vehicle engines.
- Fully reworked the sounds of tracks, transmissions and the sounds of interaction with various types of surfaces.
- Reworked and re-implemented the special sound upon causing a critical hit. It presents a sound notification about causing critical damage to enemy vehicles.
- Implemented the sound for the Sixth Sense "bulb".
- Implemented the sound notifications about damaged modules (observation device, turret, fuel tanks, radio, ammo rack).
- Implemented the sounds for basic consumables (First Aid Kit, Repair Kit, Fire Extinguisher).
- Implemented the sound presets for playing with different sound systems and at different times of day.
- Added the list of goal-setting missions (Combat Maneuvers) to the Recruit Training tab (for players in Tier IV-V vehicles).
- Reduced the number of modules for low-tier vehicles (to facilitate the research process).
- Improved the system of filters and tooltips for storing and activating Personal Reserves.
- Clan profile: added clan search to the Stronghold tab.
- Improved the visual component.
- Improved the display settings for loading screens. Now players can select the following settings:
- old style of loading screen—teams are displayed in one table
- loading screen with the minimap
- loading screen with tips
- Added Belarusian, Ukrainian, and Kazakh localisations.
- Added a short name of a player's vehicle with the vehicle type icon to the list of teams (TAB screen). The information about the player's currently selected vehicle is displayed in the list of teams (TAB screen) until this player respawns in another vehicle. When all player's vehicles are destroyed in a battle with a limited number of respawns, the information about the last destroyed vehicle is displayed.
- Added the display of the following characteristics on the minimap:
- Current view range of a vehicle
- Maximum spotting range
- Vehicle draw range
Improved the visual and collision models of the following vehicles: SU-100, IS, M4 Sherman, Centurion Mk. 7/1
Improved the collision models of the following vehicles: T29, T30, T34
Added Improved Ventilation equipment to the T28 Prototype. The vehicle's turret top now has a roof.
Changed the crew configuration of the T95E2 to make it compliant with the M48A1 Patton's crew configuration.
Added the missing tooltip for Czechoslovakian nation in the Tech Tree screen.
- Added the following vehicles for testing by Supertest players:
- * Kirovets-1, Tier VIII Soviet heavy tank
- * T25 Pilot Number 1, Tier VIII American medium tank
- * Bat.-Châtillon 25 t AP, Tier IX French medium tank
- * leKpz M 41 90 mm, Tier VIII German light tank
- * AC 4 Experimental, Tier VI British. medium tank
- * Grille 15, Tier X German tank destroyer
- Reworked 24 vehicles for HD quality:
- USA: M44, M53/M55, T20, T40, T1 Heavy Tank, T28 Prototype
- Germany: E 25, Pz.Kpfw. T 25, G.W. Tiger, Nashorn, VK 30.01 (H), VK 72.01 (K)
- USSR: IS-6, MS-1, A-20
- France: 105 leFH18B2, AMX 50 Foch (155)
- UK: AT 15, Crusader, Sexton II
- Japan: Type 3 Chi-Nu, Type 97 Chi-Ha, Type 5 Ke-Ho, Chi-Ni
The detailed info about the changes to the IS-6 can be found in the appropriate thread on the forums.
Maps and Objects:
- Added the Ravaged Capital map to Rampage mode.
- Reworked the Sacred Valley map.
- Improved the following maps for compliance with the Improved Vehicle Movement Physics: Mountain Pass, Abbey, Swamp, Redshire, Airfield, Mines, Arctic Region, Serene Coast, Lakeville, Steppes.
- Fixed some issues with customisation.
- Improved interfaces and added conditions for applying customisation elements to vehicles (completion of Personal Missions).
- Implemented the ability to disable voice chat (by pressing Alt+Q). Added the ability to change the key combinations in the settings.
- Improved the interface of the cart when purchasing customisation elements.
- Implemented the ability to view customisation elements grouped by types (camouflage, emblems, inscriptions) in the Confirm Purchase window.
- Implemented the ability to exchange currency (gold/credits) in the Confirm Purchase window.
- Fixed the issue of bad links for ASIA and KR localisations in the miniclient.
- Improved camera performance when zooming into objects.
- Missions in the Combat Maneuvers section will be available for players who registered in the game after the release of version 0.9.10 and who have completed the "Further Research" mission in Recruit Training. Previously, these missions were available for those players who had fought fewer than 50 battles before version 0.9.10 was released.
- Fixed the issue where battle results could be missing in the Notification Centre.
- Fixed the issues where a declined invitation to a Dynamic Platoon could keep appearing in the Garage.