Update 9.17.1 has been up and running for quite some time now and our research shows that you have been enjoying the new features quite a lot, especially new German vehicles.
However, our data also shows some unsatisfactory trends and imbalances that somehow eluded us. Consequently, as we have your best playing experience at heart, we assembled a special team of our highly trained (and this time mostly sane) star developers to prepare a rapid-response patch to address these concerns.
We are thrilled to bring you Update 18.104.22.168.6 (and a half) - check out the full list of changes below (or above, if for some reason - completely unrelated to portal management, of course - you're reading this upside-down):
- Maus, Mäuschen:
- New exclusive inscription added: "Jerry"
- Armament has been replaced with a hydraulic rake. For historical reasons.
- Tiger I:
- Reclassified as Tier V
- Designation changed from heavy tank to Wunderwaffe
- Chances of ricochet of incoming fire increased by 50%
- 8,8 cm KW.K. 43 L/71 damage per shell raised to 500
- Camouflage value increased by 100%
- Accuracy for all guns changed to "fire-and-forget"
- Stamp added to the hull: "Now historically accurate at last"
- Visual length of 7,5 cm KW.K. L/100 gun increased by 30%.
- Flagpole added to the back of the turret as a counterbalance
- Overall characteristics buffed. Again.
- Jagdpanzer 38(t) Hetzer:
- Anti-Seal-Clubbing feature added: if you reach 500 battles on the vehicle before unlocking your first Tier VIII tank, the Hetzer will be automatically reclassified as Tier VIII. No further changes to the vehicle expected.
- Grille, Grille 15:
- Exclusive Premium consumable added: Bratwurst
- M18 Hellcat:
- New exclusive inscription added: "Tom"
- T26E4 SuperPershing:
- Added a cape to the back of the turret. Colour can be adjusted via the Exterior menu
- Fall damage turned off
- T25 Pilot Number 1:
- Renamed to Top Gun and moved to World of Warplanes
- M10 Wolverine:
- Added a custom yellow camouflage pattern and two additional guns to the turret.
- HP regeneration enabled
- M56 Scorpion:
- Grappling hook added as a secondary armament - will pull the enemy towards your position when used
- Renamed to O-NI Chan
- Cat ears added to the sides of the turret
- Type 5 Heavy:
- Ammunition for the 15 cm/45 41st Year Type changed from HE to Renault Otsu. Yes, the gun will now load and fire Tier I vehicles instead of standard shells. It's legit - we saw it in a Japanese cartoon once.
- Mouse-clicking on the tank's name in battle will turn the vehicle on and off
- Renamed to Ho-Ho-Ho and removed from the game to be later reintroduced as the first Laplandish vehicle in World of tanks
- AMX 40
- Due to hunting season's closure, shooting at ducks is now prohibited
- Accuracy of the 152 MM M-10 gun increased by 100%, as the shells are carried by the unshaken spirit of glorious revolution
- Object 252 U and Defender
- Overall characteristics of the vehicle have been buffed, as our research has shown that it is underperforming for a glorious Soviet tank
- Renamed to (P)Arty Bus. Just kidding, partying is an unnatural concept developed by the decadent West, and thus incompatible with the spirit of glorious revolution
- Light VIC
- Renamed to Zero Sugar VIC
- Churchill GC
- Renamed to Churchill Game Carrier
- Overall characteristics nerfed, as we feel that it's way overpowered in its current state
- TOG II*:
- Baptised as HMS TOG and moved to World of Warships as the game's very first submarine
- Research has shown that the hill area in the northern part of the map hasn't seen a single tank in 4 years. Consequently, a decision was made to cut down the map to just the open field betweeen the bases and their respecitve buildings.
- Additional bushes, tents and campfires have been added to improve the ambience of the map
- New medals introduced:
- Bush Squatter - Camp for at least 6 minutes in bushes without firing a single shot
- I Helped - as a scout, spot at least 6 enemy vehicles during the first minute of battle by performing a straight line rush towards the enemy base, resulting in your tank's destruction and no measurable contribution to your team
- Murphy's Law - miss or bounce at least 3 consecutive shots aimed at enemy weakspots from a distance of 100m or less, while receiving 3 consecutive penetrating shots at the same time
- Lord Protector - as a scout, spend the entire match camping with arties thus having no measurable contribution to your team
- Low Rider - while driving Swedish tank destroyers, enter Siege Mode and bounce your vehicle up and down 15 times
- Partially restored chat functions between the teams. From now on, you will be able to send the following pre-determined messages from a special drop-down menu:
- Git gud, nabs!
- Too easy!
- I hate you, arty!
- OMG, HAX! I REPORT U!
- Kemp moar bush!
- Polan can into space!
- Uninstal pls
- CHEATERZ! CHEATERZ EVERYWHERE!
- Well played! I salute you for the outstanding skills and teamwork you presented during this match. There is no shame in losing to an opponent of your caliber and I hope we can meet on the battlefield again some time!
- Good game! Even though you lost, I am in awe of your spirit and the fierce resistance you put up against my team. Gloria victis, my fellow tankers!