The time has finally come to let Swedish reinforcements loose on the battlefield. Along with the new Tech Tree which introduces some cool new mechanics, we’ve also buffed a number of Premium vehicles based on your feedback.
Here's the final round of info you need to know before rolling out in 9.17.
World of Tanks servers will be down on 14 December from 2:00 to 8:00 CEST (UTC +1) to get everything in order. Also, we’ll be freezing the Global Map for 24 hours, temporarily closing the Clan portal and cancelling Strongholds battles (except skirmishes).
- For the SD client, the patch size is 495 MB
- For the HD client, the patch size is 860 MB
The TDs are lightly armored, making them quick off the mark. They can bring the pain with their decent guns and stay safe with their low silhouettes. At tiers VIII–X, the TDs introduce Siege and Travel modes. The former considerably ramps up your ability to deal damage. The latter is for when you need to secure your position.
The mixed branch has light, medium and heavy tanks. Early-to-mid tiers have good elevation arcs and can slip into a number of combat roles. At the higher end, the EMIL I, EMIL II, and Kranvagn have the nation’s trademark gun depression and autoloaders.
Thanks to your feedback, we’ve built on the first round of changes to several Premium vehicles, tweaking the combat parameters of the FV4202, STA-2, M4A1 Revalorisé, T26E4 SuperPershing, WZ-111, Löwe, Panther 8.8, T34, M46 Patton KR, and 112.
Improvements were also made to the French heavy tanks АМХ 50 В and АМХ 50 120.
- Those of you with 5.1/7.1 surround systems now have associated presets in Settings
- Locking onto a target is now followed by a sound notification
- The option to turn on a mic is now available in the “Sound” tab
- New sounds for hitting the ground and collisions with natural obstacles that signal the severity of the collision
|9.17 refreshes the looks of seven more minimaps:|
|11 more vehicles now have HD models:|
As usual, your contributions during the test period were extremely helpful in making World of Tanks a better game. Head to the forums, talk to your fellow tankers, and let us know what you think about the final release!
See you on the battlefield.
Production: Changes in 0.9.17 vs 0.9.16
- Added two vehicle branches in the Swedish Tech Tree:
- Light tanks at Tiers I-III, medium tanks at Tiers IV-VII, heavy tanks at Tiers VIII-X:
- Strv fm/21
- Strv m/38
- Strv m/40L
- Strv m/42
- Strv 74
- Emil I
- Emil II
- Tank destroyers. The distinctive feature of the Tier VIII-X vehicles is the mechanics of the "siege mode" and capability of aiming the gun using their hydraulic suspension:
- Pvlvv fm/42
- Ikv 72
- Sav m/43
- Ikv 103
- Ikv 65 Alt II
- Ikv 90 Typ B
- UDES 03
- Strv 103-0
- Strv 103B
- Implemented configuration presets for 5.1\7.1 surround systems that can be enabled by players in the Settings.
- Reworked the system of collision with indestructible objects and other vehicles.
- Added a sound for the Auto-Aim: the "locking on a target" event is followed by a sound notification.
- Implemented an option that re-configures the Push-to-Talk button in the Sound tab (previously the button could be reconfigured only in the Controls tab).
- Added the following vehicles for testing:
- Lorraine 40 t
- Chrysler K
- Reworked the following vehicles to HD quality:
- Conqueror Gun Carriage
- Pz.Sfl. IVc
- Pz.Sfl. IVb
- VK 28.01
- Sturer Emil
- Changed technical characteristics of the following vehicles:
- Increased top speed from 35 km/h to 40 km/h
- Increased vehicle profitability by 10%
- Panther mit 8,8 cm L/71:
- Increased traverse speed of the Panther mit 8,8 cm Kw.K. 43 L/71 from 38 to 40
- Increased engine power of the Maybach HL 230 P30 engine from 600 h.p. to 700 h.p.
- Changed the depression angle of the 8,8 cm Kw.K. 43 L/71 gun from -5 to -8 degrees
- Increased armor thickness of the upper front glacis from 130 to150 mm
- Improved gun depression angle from -8 to -10
- Increased engine power of the Maybach HL 230 engine from 800 h.p. to 1000 h.p.
- Increased thickness of hull armor
- Improved accuracy during movement for the WZ-111 model 2 suspension by 13%
- Improved accuracy during hull traverse for the WZ-111 model 2 suspension by 13%
- Decreased dispersion of the 122 mm D-25TA gun from 0.46 m to 0.44 m
- Improved accuracy of the 122 mm D-25TA gun during turret traverse by 14%
- Improved aiming time of the 122 mm D-25TA gun for the WZ-111 model 2 turret from 3.4 s to 3 s
- Improved engine power of the NORINCO 12150L engine from 520 h.p. to 600 h.p.
- Improved armor
- M4A1 Revalorisé:
- Improved accuracy during movement for the M4A1 Revalorisé suspension by 11%
- Improved accuracy during hull traverse for the M4A1 Revalorisé suspension by 11%
- Decreased dispersion of the 105 mm D1504 L/51 gun from 0.36 m to 0.35 m
- Improved accuracy of the 105 mm D1504 L/51 gun during turret traverse by 19%
- Improved aiming time of the 105 mm D1504 L/51 gun for the M4A1 Revalorisé turret from 2.8 s to 2.4 s
- Improved engine power of the Continental R975 engine from 460 h.p. to 550 h.p.
- Changed the type of the Continental R975 engine from diesel to gasoline
- Improved gun depression angle from -7 to -10
- Increased top speed from 45 km/h to 55 km/h
- Changed chance of fire for the Mitsubishi 12HM20WT engine from 0.15 to 0.12
- Increased engine power of the Mitsubishi 12HM20WT engine from 500 h.p. to 570 h.p.
- T26E4 SuperPershing:
- Increased penetration of the AP M77 armor-piercing shell for the 90 mm Gun T15E1 gun from 170 to 192 mm
- T34/ T34B:
- Decreased dispersion of the 120 mm Gun T53A1 gun during hull traverse from 0.32 to 0.28
- Decreased dispersion of the 120 mm Gun T53A1 gun during movement from 0.32 to 0.28
- Decreased dispersion of the 120 mm Gun T53A1 gun during turret traverse from 0.24 to 0.22
- Improved aiming time of the 120 mm Gun T53A1 gun from 3.4 s to 3.2 s
- Increased the view range from 360 to 380 m
- M46 Patton KR:
- Increased thickness of the frontal turret armor
- Increased thickness of the lower sloped glacis plate in the side armor from 60 to 80 mm
- AMX 50 120:
- Increased depression/elevation angles for all guns from -6..+6 to -9..+11
- AMX 50 B:
- Increased depression/elevation angles for the 120 mm SA46 gun from -8..+12 to -10..+12
- Krupp-Steyr Waffenträger:
- Increased vehicle profitability by 15%
- VK 28.01:
- Increased gun depression angle from -5 to -10
- Decreased repairs cost by 40%
Reworked visual quality of the following minimaps:
- Sand River
- Mountain Pass
- Winter Himmelsdorf