Progress towards the upcoming version 8.0 for World of Tanks continues with the second part of our public test. We’re still looking to finalise some settings and tweak some properties in order to roll out the new physics, which continues to be the main focus of our testing efforts. Wargaming is extending an invitation to all players to join this new adventure, so that we can gather more informative data and ensure the game’s quality for the future.
The second public test starts today (September 13th) and is expected to last for approximately one to two weeks.
Taking part in the public test is your chance to let us know your thoughts and suggestions on forthcoming updates. This means we can review your feedback and make any further changes before the update goes live.
All World of Tanks players are eligible to take part in the public test as long as they registered before 2nd September. You don’t need to be an experienced tester to join in; you just need to be willing to try out as many of the new features as you can and send us your feedback!
When it is time to run a public test, the developers will release a test version of the client. This can be downloaded by following the instructions below. Make sure that you follow all of the instructions carefully, so that you don’t accidentally cause problems to your main play account.
Your test client account will usually be a copy of your play account, meaning that all the vehicles purchased and research that you have completed will be the same. However, please note:
Once you have logged into the test client, you are encouraged to play as much or as little as you want. Feel free to try out all the new features and see what you can do!
Once you have been playing for a while, please let us know your feedback by posting to these special forum threads: The first is for bug reports and the second is for general feedback about the test version. The community managers will collect up all your responses on the thread and send them to the developers.
The sort of feedback we are particularly interested in includes:
Thank you for taking part in the public test! Good luck and have fun!
- Reduced brightness on ‘Mountain Pass’, ‘Fjords’ and ‘Malinovka’ maps
- Changed the positioning of light source (sun) on maps: ‘Ensk’, ‘Siegfried Line’, ‘South Coast’
- Reduced reflective brightness on some surfaces in premium and standard garages
- Increased texture quality inside the railroad station on ‘Himmelsdorf’ map
- Returned destruction effects of most objects for settings below highest
- Updated minimaps to match reworked maps
- Dramatically increased performance on all maps with new renderings
- Reworked the ‘auto-detect’ function for graphic settings
- Reworked ‘specular’ component of tank and environment lighting
- Reworked ramming damage system
- Improved dynamics of driving ‘uphill’ and manoeuvring whilst driving ‘uphill’ for all vehicles
- Changed mechanism for calculating falling damage
- Fixed the damage mechanics of falling while driving a vehicle on another vehicle
- Removed possibility to set vehicle on fire by falling on it
- Price for all stock modules of Tier 1 tanks set to 0 credits
- Fixed the armoring of IS-4 gun mantle
- Fixed the armoring of PzKpfw III front plate
- Increased armoring of E-100 and Maus gun mantles
- Rebalanced all vehicles introduced in 8.0: PzIV Schmalturm, Object 263, SU-101, SU-100М1, SU-122-54.
- Reworked battle weight and Tier spread for T-127 and Matilda Black Prince
- Added small improvements to after battle statistics window
- In after battle statistics, damage dealt to allies now takes into account current anti-team-kill rules for platoons and training rooms
- Vehicles that are currently not available for sale have been removed from all Tech Trees
- Removed after battle auto-selection of a vehicle that still has XP modifier for the first victory enabled
- Added function to compare modules between different vehicles in the Tech Tree
- Improved the visibility of SPG dispersion circle on some landscapes
- In Tech Tree a pop-up hint, which displays XP cost and price for the vehicle regardless of its current status has been added
- Removed the misleading ricochet sound when ramming a vehicle
- Fixed sound effects for 17cm GwTiger and JagdPz E-100 guns.
- Fixed sound effects for 15 cm sFH 36 L/30 of Gw Panther.
- Fixed sound effects for SPG leFH18B2. gun
- Fixed sound effects for Т34 gun
- Fixed some discrepancies between guns calibres and their sounds
- Removed the explosion sound effect when an explosion happens inside an object
- Fixed the unavailability of red line on ‘Fjords’ map
- Fixed numerous errors in lighting settings on in-game maps
- Fixed numerous errors in content on new in-game maps
- Fixed the ‘Dealt Damage’ tab in after battle statistics, which previously incorrectly displayed ramming and splash types of damage
- Fixed incorrect contour display of personal emblems
- Fixed incorrect command binding for F5 and F6 keys
- Fixed numerous graphical errors in display of personal tank emblems and inscriptions
- Fixed it so that it is now possible to switch team places in training room mode
- Fixed the texture borders for personal inscriptions
- Fixed the lack of destruction effects for some environmental objects
- Fixed the ‘Leave the queue’ button after opening statistics window
- Fixed an error when opening the training room creation interface while resizing the game client window
- Fixed the bright-red ‘lighting’ of trees in semi-transparent state
- Fixed client hanging on ‘Loading Hangar’ after the battle
- Fixed capping on ‘Widepark’ and ‘Cliff’ maps
- Fixed impact point flashing of rounds
- Fixed the bright-red lighting of track traces
- Fixed the display of explosions remaining on objects with sophisticated geometry
- Fixed a bug where clan emblems were displayed instead of penetration marks!
- Fixed ‘lags’ and ‘freezes’ of the client with big loss of performance in different places on all maps
- Fixed client hanging when trying to install personal emblems or inscriptions
- Fixed the ability to stay underwater without drowning for T-28 tank
- Fixed lighting setting in standard and premium hangars
- Fixed the disappearance or non-display of drowning indicator in several cases
- Fixed the rare crash to desktop during game client loading
- Fixed rare bugs of ‘Fog of War’ Clan Wars feature
- Fixed the rare desynchronisation of aiming vector and the reticle display
- Fixed RMB targetting for SPG’s
- Fixed movement of reticle while zooming
- Fixed the ‘Achievements’ point in the battle results system messages for battles with no achievements received
- Fixed rare cases of personal emblems and inscriptions not installing on the vehicle after purchase
- Fixed availability of additional equipment for French TD’s
- Fixed shadows ‘shaking’ while moving the vehicle
- Fixed the bindings of the radial menu for mouse scroll