Starting from Update 9.3, all maximum resolution HD-textures of vehicles, both new and existing, will be provided in a separate archive file.
There are two main reasons for this:
- The size of the game client without HD textures is much smaller. Downloading the version without HD textures will allow you to save time, traffic and free space on your hard disk.
- Since Update 9.2, the highest quality HD textures are displayed only for the tank of the player. As a result, the desire to see one or the other tank in HD quality depends on each individual person.
- Download the archive to your computer using the link below.
- Extract the contents (ZIP-archive) using a program of your choice (WinRAR, WinZip, 7-Zip etc.).
- Place the extracted files in the “res_mods” folder (e.g. C:\Games\World_of_Tanks\res_mods)
- Start the game client and set the texture quality settings to maximum.
- Each time a new update is released, the HD texture file on the portal will be updated. In order to load new HD textures, it will be necessary to repeat the steps listed above.
- Adding the HD texture models to the game can affect its performance.