The maintenance works connected with the release of v.0.6.4 update will be held May 17th within World of Tanks. They are expected to last from 4:00 to 13:00 UTC. The major update brings numerous changes to vehicles and balance, combat and non-combat mechanics, content, garage and battle interface, graphics and general performance of the game.
To illustrate the major changes we provide you with a brief list of the most anticipated alterations that the new patch is to introduce:
- Added new vehicles: premium heavy Lowe and KV-5, KV-13 and Pz38NA, tier 8 SPGs: Object 261, GW-E serie, T-92.
- Readjusted visibility parameters of all vehicles while standing still and on the move.
- Introduced detailed damage mechanics for tracks. Reworked durability of tracks and repair time for all vehicles.
- Increased match-making value for tier 9 medium tanks.
- Reworked vehicle movement system – sticking at vertical surfaces and map borders is nearly eliminated. Reduced chance of getting stuck in terrain objects.
- Changed damage mechanics for tracks. You can damage tracks if you hit the leading or the rearmost wheel of the tank. It will be much more difficult to detrack it by hitting middle part of the tank.
- Added the possibility of dismounting non-demountable equipment (Rammer, Coated Optics and other) for 10 gold.
- Added the automated ban system for teamkillers.
- Added new maps: Mountain Pass and Prairies.
- Corrected a lot of mistakes connected with objects’ disposition, passing ability, getting stuck on most of the maps.
- Fixed a lot of rendering errors, increased the efficiency of advanced dynamic shadows.
Many more changes await players, check the expanded update notes here.
Attention! Due to the patch being released World of Tanks game server and all the related services will be unavailable. We strongly recommend you to abstain from payments during the period stated.
World of Tanks development team apologizes for any inconvenience.
Follow the updates and make your own judgement!
UPD. 16/5 13:41 UTC. Those players who have active premium account upon the start of the maintenance will have it extended for 24 hours.
UPD. 17/5 11:50 UTC. The server is available. The updates can be downloaded from here. Enjoy the game!