To celebrate the release of Update 9.22 and the new range of vehicles available in the tech tree, you will be able to trade in your old premium tanks while buying a new one, to get it at a reduced price! This special is available from 7 February at 06:00 CET to 21 February at 06:00 CET (UTC+1).
The following vehicles were added to the tech tree:
- 8.8 cm Pak 43 Jagdtiger
- AC 4 Experimental
- M56 Scorpion
- AMX M4 mle. 49
- Panzer 58 Mutz
- M46 Patton KR
The general rule is as follows: you can trade-in any premium tank of Tier VI-VIII when buying a new premium tank available in the tech tree, which is of the same or higher tier as your old vehicle.
It is possible to trade-in only one vehicle at a time. When trading in, half of your old tank's value in gold will be reduced from the price of the vehicle you're attempting to buy.
Vehicles that can be traded-inExpand
Vehicles that cannot be traded inExpand
You want to buy the Löwe, which costs 12,500 in the game. In exchange, you want to trade in your old Dicker Max, which normally costs 3,200.
Just like selling standard vehicles gives you half of their value in credits, trading in your old premium tank will produce half of its value in gold, which in turn will be deducted from the price of the tank you are wanting to buy.
In this example, trading in your Dicker Max will yield you half of its price, which is 1,600. Consequently, your new vehicle's price will be reduced accordingly and you now need 10,900 for the Löwe.
How to trade in tanks
Vehicles eligible for purchase with a trade-in option will be displayed as follows:
|In the Tech tree||In the tank purchase menu|
Depending on how much gold is available on your account, the tank available for the exchange may be displayed in two different ways:
|The tank can be exchanged. There is enough gold.||The tank can be exchanged. There is not enough gold.|
Once you have decided, simply right-click on the vehicle and choose Purchase or Trade-in.
- By default, the list of tanks eligible for trade-in is arranged by the amount of gold they would deduct from the price.
- The list also features eligible vehicles that are currently unavailable for the exchange (in battle, not repaired, in a platoon). Clicking on them will reveal more info about their status.
The trade-in menu also offers the usual actions, such as adding basic ammunition, crew training, etc.
Important to Remember
- The trade-in feature will be available from 7 February at 06:00 to 21 February at 06:00 CET (UTC+1)
- You can trade in only vehicles that are of lower or equal Tier to the vehicle you are purchasing, but not lower than Tier VI
- You can trade-in only one vehicle per transaction
- The gold worth of vehicles may be affected by active discounts on premium tanks
- Ammunition, Equipment, and Consumables loaded on the vehicle that is being traded in will be automatically dismounted and placed in the Depot for free
- Camouflages, Emblems, and Inscriptions applied on the vehicle that is being traded in will be stored in the Depot. As they are vehicle-bound, you will be able to use them again only if you get the tank again in the future
- The crew present on the vehicle that is being traded in will be placed automatically in the Barracks. If there are not enough free bunks in the Barracks to accommodate them, the trade-in will not be possible
- Tanks used for trade-in cannot be restored with the Restore functionality
- When trading in, you don't have to buy an extra garage slot - the new tank will be placed in the slot previously occupied by the vehicle that was traded in