The World of Tanks development team is conducting a test of the changes coming in Version 8.8 and they want you to take part!
The development team want to make the game as good as possible and getting your feedback is a big part of that. Taking part in the public test is your chance to let us know your thoughts and suggestions on forthcoming updates. This means we can review your feedback and make any further changes before the update goes live.
All World of Tanks players are eligible to take part in the public test as long as they registered before 19th August. You don’t need to be an experienced tester to join in; you just need to be willing to try out as many of the new features as you can and send us your feedback!
Main Features of Version 8.8
- New branch of Soviet Medium Tanks
- Two new German tanks
- New Map – Tundra
- Reworked Maps – Serene Coast, Komarin, Swamp
Read more in the In Development section of the portal
How the Public Test Works
When it is time to run a public test, the developers will release a test version of the client. This can be downloaded by following the instructions below (anchor). Make sure that you follow all of the instructions carefully, so that you don’t accidentally cause problems to your main play account.
Your test client account will usually be a copy of your play account, meaning that all the vehicles purchased and research that you have completed will be the same. However, please note:
- The test account is completely separate to your normal account. Achievements and research that you complete on the test client will not be carried over to your play account.
- Financial transactions are not possible on the test server and payments will not be accepted.
- For the test of Version 8.8, your test account will receive the following:
- 100,000,000 free XP
- 100,000,000 credits
- 20,000 gold.
- Rates for gaining experience and credits will not be increased for this test.
- The test server is subject to the same EULA and general rules as the World of Tanks game server. This means that you still need to play nice, or face the usual consequences just the same as on the official game server.
Once you have logged into the test client, you are encouraged to play as much or as little as you want. Feel free to try out all the new features and see what you can do!
Once you have been playing for a while, please let us know your feedback by posting to this special forum. The community managers will collect up all your responses on the thread and send them to the developers.
The sort of feedback we are particularly interested in includes:
- Any bugs or glitches that you have found in the game. Got stuck in the scenery? Game crashes when you do a certain action? Tell us all about it!
- Honest feedback about vehicles and game mechanics. If you think something doesn’t function well, then please tell us.
- Anything you particularly like? Do you love the new stats for a previously underpowered vehicle? Confirm to the developers that the community is now satisfied with that feature, letting them focus on other new improvements.
How to Join the Public Test
Eager to get going? Follow the instructions below to join the test!
1) Download the test client installer. (10.4 MB)
2) Save and run the installer. (5.7 GB)
3) Log in and start playing. Remember to post your feedback to this forum.
Please be aware of the following:
- In order to make the test experience more efficient, it may be necessary to limit the number of players on the test server. If the server is full when you log in, you’ll be placed into a queue.
- The test server will be restarted regularly, according to the following schedule:
- First Periphery – 06:00 CEST (GMT +2) every day for around 25 minutes.
- Second Periphery – 07:00 CEST (GMT +2) every day for around 25 minutes.
- Centre – 08:00 CEST (GMT +2) every day for two minutes.
- The test server may be subject to unscheduled restarts and maintenance.
- Of course, remember that it is a test server! This means that you may encounter bugs and temporary features. Everything in the test version could change before the final release.
Thank you for taking part in the public test! Good luck and have fun!
Patch Notes for Third Public Test of Version 8.8
- Added compensation for the engines of E-50 and E-75:
- If a player had Maybach HL 295 Ausf. A engine researched (it is mounted on E-50 and E-75), then 25 000 free experience points will be added to the account of the player.
- If a player had Maybach HL 295 Ausf. A engine in the depot or it was mounted on E-50 and E-75, then these engines will be sold with the purchase price. Credits will then be added to the account of the player.
- Decreased delays when a new “Service Record” window is opened.
- Fixed the way some medals are displayed in service record window.
- Fixed some bugs with chat windows opening/closing.
- Fixed game client crash issue during attempt to set antialiasing type “2x” for standard graphics.
- Fixed the issue with shells amount reset when checkmarks were set in the window “Service”.
- Fixed some bugs with missions window and missions section in the after-battle statistics window.
Patch Notes for Second Public Test of Version 8.8
- Fixed multiple errors and freezes in the new achievements window
- Fixed multiple errors occurring in the combat missions window
- Fixed severe performance drawdown in the combat missions window
- Fixed some bugs in the special battles window
- Fixed some bugs in the company battles window
- Removed the ability to jump (flight glitch) when driving in some vehicles
- Fixed some bugs in rendering of the new base flags
- Fixed the display of shadows (under the tanks) in the hangar
- Applied fixes for the balancer (not included in the first test patch 0.8.8)
- Fixed the problem with game client "crashes" that appeared in the first Test 0.8.8
- Fixed inability to start a battle on some tanks
- Fixed an issue with participation in random battle types (Assault and Encounter battle) which is turned off
- Fixed several mistakes in Sound settings interface
- In a Service window, the issue with gold shells purchase switching after displaying cogwheel "Updating modules" was fixed
- Fixed impossibility of switching to Service window by clicking on shells icons after leaving platoon, tank company or special battle
- Fixed the absence of color identification of platoon-mates on the loading map screen
- Fixed symbol "doubling" issue in chat after their detachment
- Fix a cogwheel displaying in several cases instead of Battle results screen
- Sound of Object 140's gunshot was fixed
- Increased terrain crossing capacity for E-75 on soft and medium terrain
- Low performance on "Silent Coast" map was fixed
- Fixed several problems with icons in Store and Depot displaying
- Removed the color changes in the British desert camouflage
- Fixed the damage model of the Superpershing tank (widened the reinforced line of the front armor hull front plate)
- Fixed some tanks’ names and icon visualizations in the loading screen errors
- Fixed freezes of the garage with many vehicles
- Fixed some errors of the visual model of Т-44-122 and Type 64
- Fixed some errors of the Swamp, Karelia, Airfield, Tundra maps
- Returned old logic of ammo slider box functioning in the Service window
- Changed the calculation formula of global rating
- Fixed the omission of the pop-up window for acquiring Elite status of a vehicle.
Patch Notes for First Public Test of Version 8.8
- Added new branch of Soviet medium tanks
- A-43 (Tier VI, following on from T-34).
- A-44 (Tier VII)
- Object 416 (Tier VIII)
- Object 140 (Tier X, following on from T-54).
- Added new German tanks
- Durchbruchswagen 2 (Tier IV Heavy Tank)
- VK 30.02 (M) (Tier VI Medium Tank)
- Changes to German Tanks:
- VK 30.01(H) moved from Tier VI to Tier V and category changed from medium to heavy.
- VK 36.01(H) category changed from medium to heavy.
- New Chinese Premium Tanks added to Gift Shop
- T-34-3 (Tier VIII Medium tank)
- 112 (Tier VIII Heavy Tank)
- New Map – Tundra (Soviet rocky-sylvan territory during early Autumn).
- Maps Reworked – Serene Coast, Komarin, Swamp
- Encounter mode added to Mountain Pass map
Minor Fixes and Changes
- Rebalanced the T26E4 SuperPershing tank (front armour and some other parameters); added the possibility to sell it back for gold; the tank is added to the in-game store.
- For Chinese tanks, the penetration of the HEAT shell on the Po-471 122mm guns has been changed from 300mm to 250mm
- Changed the engines and characteristics of German vehicles: Е-50, E-75, Jagdpanther, Jagdpanther II, Jagdtiger, Panther II, Panther, Tiger, Tiger II, VK 28.01.
- Increased the damage and decreased rate of fire for the following Soviet 100mm guns: LB-1, D-10Т, D-10С, LB-1С.
- Corrected some errors on the E-100, SU-76b visual models.
- Significantly expanded the functionality of missions. An interface with description and current mission status has been added to the client.
- Added protection against the accidental selling of tanks.
- Significantly improved the quality of FXAA antialiasing (for improved graphics)
- Completely reworked the statistics and achievement page. Changed players’ global rating calculation.
- Added the voiceovers for each nation’s crews. A crew of a particular nation speaks in their own language. This can be switched on in the settings.
- Localised crew voiceover added – crew members of the relevant nation speak in their own languages. This option can be switched on in the Game settings.
- Fixed some problems with balancer which appeared in Version 8.6 and that were not fixed in Version 8.7.
- Designations returned for all regions: “Иосиф Сталин”, “За Сталина!”, “Сталинец”.
- When enhanced torsions are mounted (all types) the damage of the tank chassis is reduced, as well as the damage of the tank itself through its chassis when ramming and falling.
- When your team is defeated but you get one of the Battle Hero, Epic or Platoon achievements, you will now receive х1.5 credits and experience (as for the victorious team).
- Multiple fixes and improvements applied to the battle tutorial.
- Changed the rules for determining who caused a ramming. It will now default to the player whose tank has the highest speed at the moment of the ramming encounter.
- If you have been invited to a platoon or tank company, you will now automatically re-login to the server that the invitation was sent from should you disconnect.
- Implemented an option to move crew members in and out of the damaged tank.
- Implemented new option to switch on the inversion of reverse moving: now when reversing and pressing the button to turn in a certain direction your tank will move in this direction, and not the opposite as for disabled inversion.
- The "spall liner" equipment will now also reduce the chance of crew damage: light - 20%, medium - 25%, heavy - 30%, superheavy - 50%.
- In the Hangar, the "main/reserve" tank attribute on the carousel" is now stored on the server rather than the client as it was before.
- When switching off the auto-aiming option, it is no longer necessary to move the aiming indicator off the locked tank.
- Changed the model of flags and base flagpoles for all maps.
- Added the ability to scroll through the list of the enemy team members in the "personal score" bookmark in the battle results statistics window.
- Added automatic shooting when pressing-and-holding the fire button.
- Added a warning about wrong layout or wrong characters when entering a password for the login window.
- The option to dismiss a crew member by right-clicking on them in the hangar has been removed from the context menu to prevent accidental dismissals.
- A detailed description of use and working principles has been added for consumables.
- A link to “recover password” has been added to the login window when entering invalid password.
- Reworked some special effects.
- "We’ve hit them hard" phrase has been removed from the voiceover.
- Fixed some bugs in the after battle statistics window.
- Improved the logic of closing the interface windows by pressing "Esc" button.
- Added new type of visual effects for cumulative projectile ricochets.
- Changed the logic of the "sliders" in the Service window.