The second phase of the public test will be closing at 14:00 CEST (12:00 GMT) on Wednesday 20th June. Thank you everyone for your participation!
The World of Tanks development team is now giving you the opportunity to participate in the 7.4 mass test. The new update will be released in the near future. At this time, we would like to ask for your feedback during this process.
For now, the special World of Tanks 7.4 update will only be available on our test servers. The estimated end date of the 7.4 test is June 5th 2012. Please note that only those players who registered prior to May 28th 2012 before 02:00 CEST (00:00pm GMT) are eligible to login to the test server.
In order to make your game experience more efficient we need to limit the number of players on each cluster. As a result you could be placed on the waiting list each time we reach 13.000 players on your periphery.
Please note that the cluster you will choose will be subject to a restart schedule as follows:
- First periphery - each odd day from 08:00am (06:00 GMT) and lasts for about 25 min
- Second periphery - each even day from 08:00am (06:00 GMT) and lasts for about 25 min.
- Center - Four times a day lasting 2-3 mins each time at 02:30, 08:30, 14:30 and 20:30 CEST (12:30am, 6:30am, 12:30pm and 6:30pm GMT).
To participate in the test you need to follow the steps below:
1. Download the test game client in a separate directory:
2. Run the game.
Important! Please make sure you install the test game client version in a different folder to the current game client version! You will also need to remember to close the game client before installing the update. Only players who registered prior to May 28th 2012 can access the public test server.
Please note, the public test server has some special features:
- Payments are not accepted on the public test server.
- Credit and experience rates for public test server are multiplied by 10. All players are given 15,000 Gold for testing purposes.
- Progress will not be transferred to the main server.
Important: We would like to draw your attention to the fact that the test server is subject to the same EULA and general rules of the World of Tanks game server. This means that the restrictions and punishments are the same as on the official game server of World of Tanks. The details of the v.7.4 public test can be discussed in a special forum but if you want to report any bugs, please make sure they go to this forum so that they can be fixed.
For Czech speakers, use this CZ discussion forum and this CZ bug-reporting forum.
List of changes between 7.3 and 7.4 patches:
- Added two new combat modes appearing randomly: Attack and Encounter.
- Attack: one team defends the only base whilst the second team should capture it or destroy all enemy vehicles. The mode is activated for Erlenberg, Prokhorovka, Westfield, Karelia, Malinovka, Sand River, and Siegfried Line.
- Encounter: both teams try to capture the single base in the center of the map or to destroy all enemy vehicles to win. The mode is activated for El Halluf, Murovanka, Steppes, Ensk, Himmelsdorf, Ruinberg, Malinovka, Sand River, and Siegfried Line.
- Added two new maps: Airfield (North Africa) and Widepark (European town).
- Added French TDs: Renault FT AC, Renault UE 57, Somua Sau 40, S 35 CA, ARL V 39, AC Mle.1946, AC Mle.1948, AMX 50 Foch.
- Added French SPGs: Renault BS, Lorraine 39 L AM, AMX 105 AM, AMX-13 F3 AM, Lorraine 155 (50), Lorraine 155 (51), Bat. Chatillon 155.
- Vehicles IS-6 and JagdTiger 8.8cm KwK43 L/71 are added to the in-game store, available for all players.
- Changed sizing of the following vehicles to match historical ones: JagdTiger (zoomed up to sizes of TigerII), Object 261 (degraded to sizes of IS-7).
- Fixed or reworked damage models of M2 lt, M3 Lee, JagdTiger, Gw E, Т-28, IS-8 (matlet), Е-50 (transmission moved to front), Е-75 (transmission moved to front), VK4502B (transmission moved to the middle part of the vehicle).
- Fixed or reworked models of ARL-44, KV-1S, Pz III, Т-54, Valentine LL, T1 heavy, M41, VK4502A, IS-8.
- Rebalanced several parameters of M103, T110, KV-4, M18 Hellcat, T30.
- SPG LeFH18 B2: fixed parameters of radio FuG-8, changed wrong weight number, changed the combat level.
- Fixed the name of suspension for SPG М12.
- Fixed several bugs with French camouflages.
- Fixed bugs with the camouflage cover for IS-7 and Marder II.
- Fixed the cost of camouflages for Т30, KV-2, KV-3.
- Added a new camouflage pattern for each nation.
- Added the option of training skills and perks for combined qualifications of crew (for example, training perks and skills of Radio Operator, when a Commander combines qualifications of a Commander and Radio Operator).
- In order to reduce the amount of issues with "questionable" non-penetration/penetration hits, reworked the system of damaging with HE and armor-piercing shells. In some cases the chance of damage and critical hits from HE shells increases.
- Changed operation of Large First Aid Kit: a constant bonus of "+5% to avoiding critical damage to crew" will now be applied until the end of the battle, even once the First Aid Kit has been used.
- Changed operation of Large Repair Kit: a constant bonus of "+10% to repair speed" will now be applied until the end of the battle, even once the Repair kit has been used.
- Repair Kits now fix both tracks if they have both been damaged.
- Compensation granted to the victim of a team hit is now proportional to the damage taken from the team hit.
- If a player team-damages someone and the same shot then damages an enemy vehicle, a decreasing team damage coefficient is applied for this shot.
- Added controls for a light-emitting diode glow over game events when using a ROCCAT mouse.
- Added notes about relevant discounts in the game client.
- Changed pop-up hints on tank modules, consumables, ammunition, and crew members.
- Changed information displayed in the vehicle pop-up window.
- All in-game sounds have been optimized in frequency and compression.
- Added sounds for environment: birds, rivers, sea, forests, villages.
- Reworked several sound effects for environment.
- Added sounds for several interface buttons that previously did not emit a sound when pressed.
- Fixed a bug with the display of the "post-mortem" panel in the interface-off mode.
- Fixed or reworked effects for hitting wood and snow.
- Fixed the description of Fadin's Medal.
- Fixed several bugs where people could pass through unintended passages on Siegfried Line, El Halluf and Ensk.
- Changed display of bases and spawn points on the mini-map.
- Fixed a bug with the color of the "Invite" button after leaving or excluding a mate from a platoon.
- Fixed a rare bug with the game client hanging-up at the end of map loading.
- Fixed the description of the Brothers in Arms perk.
- Fixed a rare bug which made it impossible to gain "Elite" status on T-34-85, T-43 and KV-13.
- Removed an unused option: "Tanker’s voices by nation".
- Added the autoloader indicator for the howitzer shooting mode.
- Fixed a rare bug causing a hang-up of the tank HP bar in the tank over-target marker.
- Fixed a rare bug with the game client hanging-up whilst entering sniper mode.
- Reduced the neon glow for tank panel interface elements in garage and pop-up hints.
- Changed requirements for receiving Lavrinenko's, Leclerc's and Abram's medal.
- Base and respawn markers on mini-map have been added to the "color blind" mode.
- Added the option of switching on the "server" reticle marker to the game settings.
- Changed the method of selecting the message recipient in the battle chat. Now for switching between messages to your team and all players you should use "TAB" key.
- At the request for battle menu, the mouse cursor is centered on the "Back to garage" point.
- Changed the design of free experience and gold conversion windows.
- When in a platoon or a tank company and the Commander speaks over voice chat, the volume of his mates reduces.
- Fixed the display of tanks with camouflage (tracks without hull and turret) for outdated Radeon series video cards.
- Fixed the display of sniper mode cover in windowed mode, when the window height is greater that the width.
- Fixed several bugs in the alternate color scheme.
- Removed mouse inversion in the SPG mode.
- Added new medals:
- "Expert" (by nation) for destroying at least one example of each tank type, existing at that moment in the specified nation tech tree.
- "Medal of Raseiniai Heroes" for destroying the whole enemy team (not less than 14 vehicles).
- "Technical Engineer" (by nation) for researching all vehicles existing at that moment in a nation's tech tree.
- "Senior Technical Engineer" for researching all vehicles of all nations existing at that moment.
- "Sinai Lion" for destroying over 100 "IS" tanks of any model and vehicles based on its model.
- Fixed several bugs with the spam filter.