UPD: We’ve received an incredible amount of feedback on version 7.0 since public testing started last week, and we wanted to thank the World of Tanks community for taking the time to help us test this important update. With your help, we have set a concurrent user record for the World of Tanks public test server, with more than 20,000 of you online at once!
The public test of version 7.0 has been taken down at 10:00 UTC on November 23rd, 2011. We currently expect the public test server to return on November 25th, 2011.
We’ll be sure to keep you updated on its progress here on the World of Tanks community portal.
The public test server of v.7.0 update is now available for the players of the server. You are given the unique opportunity to test the new content prior to its release for the main server. To run the test version, please download the specified game client version. The first test of v.7.0 update will finish early November 23rd.
For safety's sake, the game client and updates must be downloaded from the special section on the official website of World of Tanks only. If you download World of Tanks from other sources, your computer may suffer from viruses and scumware. The development team does not bear responsibility for links, game clients and updates located on off-sites.
Attention! Please, install the test game client version to the folder, other than the current game client version! Also switch off the game client before installing the update. Only players who have registered prior to November 15th can access public test server.
Please, select one of the test servers at the launch of the installed test game client version:
We draw your attention to the fact that the test server is subject to EULA and general rules of World of Tanks game server. The restrictions and punishments are the same as on the official game server of World of Tanks. The details of the public test server of v.7.0 update can be found in the special discussion thread. The discussion of failures and bugs of test update 7.0 is carried out in the special sub-forum only.
- Implemented several game clusters (multicluster technology; used in the test but will not be used unless required).
- Added the camouflage feature. Camo purchase and its mounting are available in the game section Appearance.
- Added tank horns. One horn type is available as the test version. You can buy it in the section Appearance. Press H in battle to activate the horn.
- Added levels of tank companies varied by tier: up to tier 4, up to tier 6, up to tier 8 and up to tier 10 (including tier 10). Implemented tier limits for SPGs in up to tier 4, up to tier 6 and up to tier 8 battles (the next test version will include light tanks limitations).
- Added the complaint system. You can choose the complaint type when in battle by right-clicking on the player's nickname shown in the appearing context menu.
- Added new maps – Marsh and Fjords.
- Added the new special action tanks: SU-85I and Pz IV Hydraulic (temporarily available in Store for testing, purchased with Gold).
- Box version tanks: PzII J, BT-SV and MTLS-G14 (temporarily available in Store for testing, purchased with Gold).
- Fixed multiple bugs in the tank models.
- Fixed multiple bugs, blockings and jam-ups on the majority of maps.
- Added animated birds on several maps.
- Added clan logos displayed on tanks.
- Fully re-worked collision models of tanks:
German: Pz VI Tiger, Pz 38(t), VK 3601(h), JagdPz IV, VK 3002 (DB), Pz III/IV, Pz 38H735(F), Pz S35 739(F), Pz B2 740(F), Pz 38 NA, E-100.
American: M4 Sherman, T29, T32, T30, T14, M5 Stuart, M7, M2 med, M4A2E4, Ram-II.
Soviet: Т-34, KV, MS-1, А-20, SU-18, IS-3, Т-44, SU-85B, SU-14, Valentine LL, Matilda LL, KV-220, KV-3, Т-54, IS-7, KV-13, Object 704, А-32.
Gameplay and game mechanics:
- Doubled number of penalty points given for team kill and team damage.
- Changed the mechanism of the thinnest armor search at High-Explosive round damage.
- Added tracers of the enemies in the view range when they are seen in the narrow sector in the gun direction.
- Added tracers of the enemy vehicles seen in the howitzer mode, when the shooting tank is in the view range.
- At battle exit, the vehicle stays on the battlefields until the end of the battle. If it has not been destroyed during the battle, it is destroyed automatically before the end of the battle.
- Fixed the rare bug of the unreasoned detection of the enemy team.
- Fixed the rare bug of the sudden horizontal deposition of reticle at changing to the sniper mode.
- Fixed the rare bug of the Pz IV unreasoned turning speed decreasing when in battle.
- Fixed the rare bug of the reticle hanging at its moving in the sniper mode when the vehicle stands tightly to the objects.
- Fixed the bug in the Invader achievement granting terms.
- Added the special shell type, with damage equal to 240, to all German guns 8.8cm L/71.
- Decreased the parameters of gun 7.5cm conic of VK3601H.
- Added gun 7.5cm conic to the both turrets of Tiger tank. - this implemention will be present in this test game version and will not be added with the final v.7.0 update.
- Т-44: added gun LB-1 to its second turret, added engine V-54-6, with 680 h.p.
- Changed models and parameters of the both turrets of IS-3.
- Slightly reduced the normalization of armor-piercing and composite shells.
- Changed the view range and round rack durability parameters of medium tanks tier 7, 8 and 9.
- Tanks KV-220 are divided into two types: Beta Tester tanks (KV-220 marked with T symbol) and the special tanks (KV-220 without the T mark).
- Re-set the parameters of all automatic guns.
- Rounded down the prices of tier 2-3 tanks purchased with credits.
- Modified the minimap: rescaling, transparency changing, on/off in battle, markers for commands "Need help", "Follow me", "Attack".
- Added help bars to the Garage interface elements. To activate them, please press F1 when in Garage.
- Modified vehicle markers: added distance sorting.
- Added the additional parameters settings of vehicle markers.
- Added the option of alternative colour vehicle markers. Select the "Alternative colour scheme" in the settings to activate the option.
- Modified the players table in the map loading window.
- Added the description of the battle tasks in the map loading window.
- Added the new mode of in-battle players lists displaying. Added the mode change buttons.
- Added the option of the vehicle quick un-equipping and sending crew to barracks at tank selling.
- Added clan information to the player's profile window.
- Changed the hint design seen after the tank destruction.
- Added view of equipment operation to the in-battle interface, which affects the visibility (masking net and binocular telescope).
- Added the automatic demounting of the consumables conflicting with the vehicle.
- Added the sound at the end of the gun splash narrowing.
- Changed the sound notification at the hitting and damaging of a vehicle's module.
- Added the sound at the vehicle colliding with the static object at the speed of 10 km/h.
- Added the sound notification of the base capture process.
- Added blocking of spamming with single-type messages and symbols in the battle chat.
- Added the option of setting the game commands to the additional mouse buttons.
- Added the notification at selling the tank which cannot be purchased anymore (for example, a tank given on a special occasion).
- Added the notification about the screenshot saving.
- Added the notification about the impossibility of the tank selling at reaching the vehicle selling limit.
- Added the notification about the ammunition allowance refilling at the absence of Gold and the presence of Gold shells and consumables in the vehicle's ammo allowance.
- Removed the setting of camera positioning adjustment.
- Added the indicator of Caps lock mode to the login window.
- Excluded all achievements, except for the Battle Hero and Epic ones, from the Personal file of a tanker.
- Fixed the display of experience received for the first victory of the day during the specials involving the experience increase.
- Fixed and modified the names of several American tanks.
- Fixed and modified texts of several interface elements help hints and of several dialogue windows.
- Added the display of achievements, received in game, on the login window.
- Improved the game performance at some configurations.
- Re-worked the system of special effects display. Changed the effects of shooting, damaging and explosions.
- Added additional settings of special effects.
- Added the advanced support of Logitech keyboards and Alienware laptops.
- Fixed several bugs of the game display at the multi-monitor configurations.
- Fully re-worked the algorithm of advanced dynamic shadows displaying.
- Added the new type of the full screen smoothing FXAA.
- Improved the quality of the voice chat connection.
- Added the post-effect "vignetting".