Say hello to a brand-new competitive event with a twist: World of Tanks Championship International (WCI)!
It’s the world’s first 15v15 tournament in World of Tanks with the top teams from all five regions participating: the Commonwealth of Independent States, Europe, North America, Asia Pacific, and China!
The online tournament qualifiers will be starting very soon in 2021. However, if you claim victory in the finals, you and your team will be heading to China for the offline finals in early 2022! This is the first offline event we've hosted in a long time, so we hope you're as excited as we are!
Short of cash? Good news! The prize pool for the WCI 15v15 Tournament finals dwarfs anything that has come before—1,000,000 yuan (~€130,000)!
Get ready to prove yourself and fight in the regional qualifiers for a chance to be the best in Europe—and the world!
WCI Regional Invitationals and Prize Pool
Each of the five regions will host its own Regional Invitational Tournament that serves as a WCI Qualifier. The rules and dates for the Invitationals to be announced separately for each of the participating regions.
Every qualifier offers teams an additional prize pool of €7,500!
CONDITIONS OF WCI TOURNAMENT PARTICIPATIONExpand
Each player of the team that, based on the results of this Contest, qualifies for participation in the WCI Tournament acknowledges that for participation in the WCI Tournament this player has to:
1. be able to travel to China during the respective tournament period, which, among other things, means:
- having the necessary foreign travel documents and obtaining the Chinese visa.
- not being subject to any specific restrictions that would prevent departure from the country of residence or arrival in China.
- having to provide travel document details and personal data necessary for arranging the travel to the organizer of the WCI Tournament at its request.
- having to follow the required steps to obtain a Chinese visa in the respective Chinese embassy and fully cooperate on that matter with the organizer of the WCI Tournament.
- bearing certain visa expenses that will be compensated later by the organizer of the WCI Tournament upon provision of payment documents (which must be kept by the player).
2. be ready to comply with all COVID-related restrictions in China, which, among other things, includes:
- upon arrival in China, being transferred to a hotel where the player will spend a legally mandated period under quarantine on the conditions specified below in this section.
- having to undergo COVID testing as required by the then applicable Chinese regulations or (if necessary) by the organizer of the WCI Tournament.
Only players aged 18 or older are allowed to participate.
The period of quarantine will be as required by the applicable law at the time of the player’s arrival in China.
During the mandatory quarantine:
- each player will be accommodated in an individual hotel room.
- the player cannot leave their hotel room or have guests, including their teammates.
- each player will be provided with three meals a day according to their dietary restrictions.
- a local WoT account and access to a VPN service will be provided to the player upon request by the organizer of the WCI Tournament.
Costs Covered by the WCI Tournament Organizer
As part of a player’s participation in the WCI Tournament, its organizer will cover the costs of:
- the fee for issuance of the Chinese visa to the player.
- the travel from the country of the player’s residence to the city where the WCI Tournament will take place and back. The airport of departure in the player’s country of residence will be chosen by WCI Tournament organizer at their discretion but taking into consideration the convenience of the player and flight ticket availability.
- accommodation in China both for the mandatory quarantine period and then for the duration of the WCI Tournament.
- travel from the place of accommodation to the location of the WCI Tournament.
Expenses not listed above may have to be borne by the player.
COVID-19 Risk Acknowledgement
Each player of the team that, based on the results of this Contest, qualifies for participation in the WCI Tournament:
- acknowledges the existence of potential risk of becoming infected with COVID-19 during the WCI Tournament (including travel to/from China) due to the current epidemiological situation, despite the preventative measures taken.
- agrees that neither the Organizer of the Contest nor the organizer of the WCI Tournament shall be in any way liable in the event that a player becomes infected with COVID-19.
All Participants acknowledge that due to the epidemiological and other external factors, the WCI Tournament can be postponed, moved to a different location, or canceled by the organizer and neither its organizer, nor the Organizer of this Contest shall be liable for any such postponement, change, or cancelation.
The Right to Invite Additional Teams
The players acknowledge that the organizer of the WCI tournament may invite more than one team from a specific region due to the inability of any other team to participate or other reasons at the organizer’s discretion.
Terms of Participation
Players that do not agree with any of the conditions listed in this section “CONDITIONS OF WCI TOURNAMENT PARTICIPATION” cannot participate in the WCI Tournament and should inform their team manager about this as soon as possible. The team manager needs to replace any such players with substitutes. In any event, the team roster must have no more than 16 players including the team manager. It is a requirement of participation that at least 8 players chosen for the WCI Tournament team roster must also be in the team roster of the present Contest.
Players acknowledge that to participate in the WCI Tournament, in addition to the conditions specified above, they accept the official rules of the WCI Tournament that will be made available by its organizer at a later date.
Check back soon for more information on the WCI Qualifiers, and don’t miss the biggest World of Tanks event of the year!