Call To Arms! Tankfest 2017.
To celebrate our renewed attendance to Tankfest in Bovington this year, we are throwing down a special competition that will allow the best teams from the United Kingdom and the Republic of Ireland to actively take part in the festivities, as proud players of World of Tanks!
The tournament will be played in 3 versus 3 on Tier VIII, and the four top teams will receive the honour of battling out for the ultimate victory in front of other tank enthusiasts at the event.
If you are eager to learn more about your favourite vehicles and actually see them in action, there is no better opportunity for you! The tanks at the museum are kept in perfect working condition, and this year, the focus in on the famous "Tiger" collection.
Super Finals at Tankfest rewards:
1st place: 250€ per player, WGL backpack
2nd place: 175€ per player, WGL backpack
3rd-4th place: 100€ per player, WGL goodie bag
1st place: All expenses paid invitation to the Super Finals at Tankfest.
2nd place: 2,000 + 7 days Premium
3rd-4th place: 1,000 + 3 days Premium
5th-8th place: 500
1st place: Personal Reserve: XP 50% 1h, qualification for playoffs.
2nd place: Personal Reserve: XP 50% 1h, qualification for playoffs.
- Everyone is highly encouraged to read the following guide. It describes the process, from choosing a tournament to creating/joining or modifying teams.
- Join us on the forum to discuss current and upcoming tournaments. You may also ask any question about any cup or rules.
Team captain obligations:
- All team captains must stay up to date on the forum. The tournament administration recommends that every captain follows the “rules and information” thread for the specific tournaments they are participating in, in case of critical changes.
- Rule violations must be posted within 15 minutes after the round ends, in the “rules enforcement” thread, in the specific forum section. After the deadline passes, reports will be deemed invalid.
- The team captain is responsible for his team: only a team captain can make requests on behalf of his team on the forum.
- Captains and players are advised to use the in-game reporting system to report foul language, rather than the official rules enforcement thread.
- At the end of the Registration, IP checks will be conducted to ensure that the residency rule is respected. In case the IP don’t match the United Kingdom or the Republic of Ireland, the captains will be asked (via forum, in-game messaging or via their registered email) to provide a proof of residence for his teammates, and will have 24 hours to provide it.
- As a general rule, no specific vehicles are prohibited.
- Any occasional vehicle restrictions will be communicated accordingly.
- The use of premium tanks, shells and consumables is allowed.
Players and teams:
- Each player can only play for one team in a tournament.
- net staff or affiliates are prohibited from playing.
- Once the team has been created, it cannot change its name (please be very careful when naming your team).
- Team and player names must not violate the Wargaming.net naming rules. Any team violating these rules will be disqualified. Highly offensive names may be further sanctioned with an in-game suspension.
- Teams must keep all names alpha-numeric. Teams are not allowed to use special signs, unprintable words and similar. All names have to be clearly readable.
- The players in a team must be residents of the specified countries: the United Kingdom or the Republic of Ireland. By entering the competition, the players consent to collection and further processing of their name, surname and their country of residence by Wargaming, as may be needed for the purpose of verifying if they are allowed to take part in this tournament.
Before the battle:
- Teams have 5-10 minutes before the allocated start time to join the lobby.
- A guide on how to join Special Battles is available on the portal.
- If a team is not ready within this period and no one from the reserve can take part in the primary (main) team, the team will play with an incomplete lineup.
- The tournament will be played in 3 phases: Group Stage, Playoffs and Super Finals.
- Group Stage - Teams will be distributed into Groups of 4, the top 2 teams will advance to the Playoffs.
- Group Stage - Will be played in Round Robin system, Bo1, Encounter Mode.
- Playoffs - Teams will be distributed into 4 separate playoffs, Winners of each playoffs will be invited to play the Super Finals at Tankfest.
- Playoffs - Will be played in Single Elimination system, Bo3, Attack/Defence Mode
- Exact playoff starting time may change.
- Latter rounds of the playoffs may be moved to the following day of the day of the tournament, depending on the number of teams.
- Super Finals - Teams will play Bo3 in Attack/Defence mode, live during the Tankfest event.
Super Finals Rules:
- Winners of Playoffs will participate in the finals at the Tankfest event.
- Captains will be contacted for all travel and accommodation information.
- The teams need to display their best behaviour during the event. Unsportsmanlike actions or insults will result in an immediate disqualification with removal of all rewards.
- If a qualified team is unable to attend, it may replace one, or two of its members with a substitute. If the entire team is unable to attend, then the team that placed second in the corresponding playoff bracket will qualify instead.
- To win a game, the team will need to destroy all enemy vehicles or capture the enemy base.
- The number or rounds will be available on the tournament page.
- In case of a draw, both teams will be disqualified.
- Starting spawn points for all games will be automatically allocated by the system.
- Games cannot be replayed, unless an issue with the setup causes a problem. Unfortunately, we will be unable to restart games due to disconnections or PC crashes.
Admins and Casters:
- The official Wargaming.net admins are Soov and Berbo.
- Administrators resolve disputes.
- The ruling of an Administrator is final.
- For any tournament broadcasting, official Casters will be named before a tournament starts in an official tournament forum thread.
- If any official Caster requests entrance to a game, they must be invited/added to the team.
Reporting and replays:
- Replays must be recorded by the teams for all the games, and provided if requested. If replays are required (i.e. to resolve disputes between teams), the details on where to send the files will be provided by the admins.
- Replays may be uploaded to the World of Tanks Replays service for easy access.
- In case of dispute, the team captains will be contacted on the forum, and will have 72 hours to reply. Failure to reply or provide the replays may result in the cancellation of the victory and the removal of the prizes.
- Any action that goes against the spirt of the game, such as battle rigging or other types of abuse of the game mechanics, may lead to disqualification.
- Groups of 4
1. Booster Battle XP 50% 1h
2. Booster Battle XP 50% 1h
- Top 2 teams advance to next stage
- 4 Separate playoffs:
1. Invitation to Super Finals at Tankfest
2. 2000 gold + 7 days premium
3.-4. 1000 gold + 3 days premium
5.-8. 500 gold
- Winners will participate in the Super Finals at Tankfest, with live coverage with casters and better rewards.
- Winners of each Playoff will play live during the Tankfest event
1. 250 euros + Branded backpack
2. 175 euros + Branded backpack
3.-4. 100 euros + Goodie bag
- In-game gold and other rewards are usually sent within a week (maximum two) after the tournament’s completion.
- If your team is missing gold or any other rewards after two weeks, you may report it on the forum by posting in the section of the specific tournament.
- All rewards are per player, unless otherwise specified.
- If 2 or more teams are having same amount of points, their ranking will be based on head-to-head ratio.
- Some tournaments don’t have a playoff stage after the round robin. In such cases, the reward is given based on the points accumulated.
- Please follow this thread for information and updates about rewards.