You’ve been waiting for it, and here it is at last! All out no holds barred carnage! Do you have what it takes to pit your mightiest battle tanks against those that dare stand in your way?
We recently announced the Super 6 Cup as being the first in a series of new tournaments for World of Tanks. Stay tuned for news of the Easy 8, but for now it is now time to introduce the Mangled Metal Cup!
The Mangled Metal Cup has no maximum tier limitation on any tanks! Teams can be up to 14 members with 4 substitutes, but we advise you to make a full team for your opponents will show you no mercy!
The first, second and third placed teams will receive a gold prize and the Mangled Metal quarter of the coveted “EU All Star” medal.
If you want to enter the Mangled Metal Cup, you have until the 16th July 2012 to register your team and be accepted. Remember to click “Apply for Tournament” once your team is completed as we cannot approve any team that doesn’t do this!
Matches are scheduled to take place on Wednesday 18th July and Wednesday 25th July with the final on Wednesday 1st August. Matches will always take place between 19:00 and 22:00 CEST (17:00 to 20:00 GMT). Teams will be automatically invited to games from 18:15 onwards. You can read more about this process here.
Feeling lonely, or unsure where to find enough people for your team? We have created a special forum thread for teams to look for players and for players looking for a team!
|1st Place Team
||90,000 Gold (5000 per player)
|2nd Place Team
||54,000 Gold (3000 per player)
|3rd Place Team
||27,000 Gold (1500 per player)
And here are the rules:
- Teams must consist of at least 2 tanks from every nation (FR,DE,USA,RU). However they can be of any type.
- Mangled Metal has no maximum tier limitation! Any tank may be used in the championship. Declarations of tank choices before the game are not required.
- A team roster may consist of up to 14 players, and may include up to 4 registered reserve players. Team must be fully registered and accepted before playing (a reserve player may replace a primary player at any time). After registration has closed, no further changes can be made to the team.
- There is a minimum total tier point rule of 70 for Mangled Metal, this means there can be less than 14 players in the team but the total combined tier points of their tanks cannot drop below 70 so we are happy to report that teams of only Leichttraktors are not possible!
- Each player can only play for one team in one tournament, cup or championship.
- Any player can change team if they want. Players are not allowed to play for a new team within 10 days of their departure from their old team, and may not take part in any games and tournaments of their new team during this period. This also applies to newly registered players playing for an existing established team but not for entirely new teams.
- A banned player whose ban has recently expired cannot play in any new teams or participate in an existing team for 30 days after the expiration of their ban.
- Once the team has been created, it cannot change its name (please be very careful when naming your team).
- Team and player names must not violate the Wargaming.net naming rules; any team violating these rules will be disqualified or just not approved.
- Teams must not ‘steal’ the names of existing clans or teams. Any repots of this will be investigated and team names will be changed on a case-by-case basis.
- Wargaming.net staff are NOT prohibited from playing unless they are part of the tournament administration – these people will be stated. Only a maximum of 2 Wargaming.net employees per active team is allowed.
- Use of premium tanks, shells and consumables is allowed.
- Teams have 10 minutes before the allocated start time to join the lobby. If a team is not ready in this time and no-one from the reserve can take the place in the primary (main) team, this team forfeits the game.
- Each battle lasts for 15 minutes.
- To win a game, the team will need to destroy all enemy vehicles or capture the enemy base.
- The first round will be best of 1. Subsequent rounds will be best of 3. The final is best of 5.
- If a match ends in a draw, both teams will be disqualified for passive play. This includes best of 3 and best of 5 matches as well as the first round best of 1 game.
- Starting spawn points for all games will be automatically allocated by the system.
- Games cannot be replayed unless an issue with the set-up causes a problem. Unfortunately we will be unable to restart games due to disconnections or PC crashes.
- First round games will be held on the map Mines. All other rounds will use the map pool below:
- Arctic Region
- The map choice for each round will be listed in the forum thread for the Mangled Metal Cup in advance of the games.
- Official Casters (Commentators) will be listed on the forum in advance by Bump. If an official caster requests entrance to a game then they must be invited.
- Replays must be provided by the teams taking part in the quarter-finals and onwards. Of course, any other replays are also welcome! Details will be provided on where to send these closer to the time, but they can also be uploaded o the Mangled Metal section of the forum.
Good luck in the Mangled Metal Cup and stay tuned for news of the Easy 8 Cup which will be using the current professional league rules.
Ready to register your team? Sign up now!