The World of Tanks European server is celebrating it’s 2nd birthday. This would not be possible without you, our players, who supported us by picking up our games and getting your friends to play. That is why we’ve decided we shouldn’t be celebrating this date alone. It’s time for you to join the party!
We would like to invite you to take part in a series of three tournaments and try your chances at winning powerful beasts on tracks! The main prizes in these tournaments will include Type 62s, KV-5s and Type 59s! These exclusive vehicles cannot be obtained in game!
In the third and last of the anniversary tournament we will enjoy high-tier destruction and thus the tournament has been named “Heavyweight”! It doesn’t get any bigger than that, ladies and gentlemen. If you want to win big, you have to play with the big boys!
The Heavyweight Anniversary Tournament sign ups start on the 26th of April at 12:00 CEST (10:00 GMT) and will last till the 3rd of May, 18:00 CEST (16:00 GMT).
The games of the tournament will will start on the 4th of May from 18:00 CEST (16:00 GMT).
||8000per player + premium tank + medal
||8000 per player
|3rd Place (2 teams)
|4th Place (4 teams)
|5th Place (8 teams)
|6th Place (16 teams)
As well as receiving the prizes of a Type 59 medium tank and gold, the winning team will also win a medal! Each of the anniversary tournaments will have its own medal. The Cruiserweight Anniversary Tournament winners will be rewarded with a silver medal. The gold medal will be awarded to the winner of the Heavyweight tournament while the bronze medal is awarded to the winners of the Featherweight tournament.
Previously when our tournament stars were awarded medals, they were only forum signatures or medals visible on the ESL profiles. As the anniversary tournament is a really special occasion we’ve decided to make your bling shine even more! The medals you will win in the anniversary tournaments will be visible on your World of Tanks profiles! Check them out!
Don’t forget to warn your crew of the enemies they will encounter and be prepared for heavy casualties! For those who would like to know the detailed list of rules, please read further!
Full Tournament Rules:
- Team captain obligations:
- Rules infringements must be posted within 15 minutes after the round end in a dedicated thread. After the deadline passes, reports will be deemed invalid.
- All team captains must keep up to date on the forums.
- Declarations of tank choices before the game are not required.
- Vehicle limitations:
- No specific vehicles are prohibited.
- Total tier points for a team must not be less than 60 points and no more than 90 points.
- The table below depicts tier limitation for this tournament.
- A team roster must consist of 10-14 players, and may include up to 6 registered reserve players. Team must be fully registered and accepted before playing (A reserve player may replace a primary player at any time).
- Each player can only play for one team in one tournament, cup or championship
- Any player can change team if they want. Players are not allowed to play for a new team within 10 days of their departure from their old team, and may not take part in any games and tournaments of his new team during this period. This also applies to newly registered players playing for an existing established team but not for entirely new teams.
- A banned player who’s ban has recently expired cannot play in any new teams or participate in an existing team for 30 days after the expiration of their ban.
- Once the team has been created, it cannot change its name (please be very careful when naming your team).
- Team and player names must not violate the wargaming.net naming rules; any team violating these rules will be disqualified.
- Wargaming.net staff or affiliates are not prohibited from playing unless they are part of the tournament administration, these people will be stated. (Only a maximum of 2 Wargaming.net employees and/or affiliates per active team are allowed).
- Before the battle:
- Teams have 10 minutes before the allocated start time to join the lobby. If a team is not ready in this time and no one from the reserve can take the place in the primary (main) team, this team forfeits the game.
- Use of premium tanks, shells and consumables is allowed.
- Victory conditions:
- Each battle lasts for 15 minutes.
- To win a game, the team will need to destroy all enemy vehicles or capture the enemy base.
- The first two rounds will be “Best of 1”. Subsequent rounds will be “Best of 3”. The final is “Best of 5”.
- If a match ends in a draw, both teams will be disqualified for passive play in a best of 1 game. In best of 3 and best of 5 matches the below rule applies.
- If a match ends in a draw, we will use the 8 tier points rule. "In the case of a draw, the total tier points of surviving tanks will be added up for each team. A team with 8 tier points advantage over their opponent will be the winner" (This must be checked with a screen shot posted on this specific forum within 15 min of the game’s end) - if there is no clear winner then both teams are disqualified.
- Starting spawn points for all games will be automatically allocated by the system
- Games cannot be replayed unless an issue with the set up causes a problem. Unfortunately we will be unable to restart games due to disconnections or PC crashes
- Official casters will be stated before any tournament starts on the forum by Bump, 0xyde or Berbo, if an official caster requests entrance to a game then they must be invited
- Please be aware that these rules may change slightly as these are the first of the new tournaments.
- Replays must be recorded by the teams from the quarter final onwards, any other replays are always welcome. Details will be provided on where to send these closer to the time, but they can also be uploaded to the forums
- How to get to the game:
- In the event of a team-member violating any of the above regulations, the whole team will be disqualified.
Looking for team members? We’ve created a nice and easy to use forum section to help you out with that!
Got a question about the tournament? Don’t hesitate to ask!
Good luck and have fun!