The next installment of the Easy 8 Cup is just around the corner. Do you want to win gold or a quarter of the EU All Star medal quarter? Perhaps you just prove your skills in driving Tier VIII beasts, or perhaps you want all of the above! If so, then this is the tournament for you!
The tournament is retaining its usual format, so without further ado, here is the schedule:
Tournament sign-ups start on the 7th May at 12:00 CEST (GMT +2) and will last until 14th May, 18:00 CEST (GMT +2).
The games of the tournament will take place starting from the 15th May at 19:00 CEST (GMT +2) and will continue on the 18th and 22nd of May. The final will be held on the 25th May.
||8000per player + gold medal
||6000 per player + silver medal
|3rd Place (2 teams)
||4500per player + bronze medal
|4th Place (4 teams)
|5th Place (8 teams)
Already signed up? Make sure you register your team for approval! While you’re waiting you should go and practice with your team, so take one of your Tier VIII high-rollers and go kick some steel ass! For those who would like to know the detailed list of rules, please read further.
Full Tournament Rules:
- Team captain obligations:
- Vehicle limitations:
- No specific vehicles are prohibited.
- Total tier points for a team must not be less than 20 points and no more than 42 points.
- If any team member is missing from the team, the total tier point limit is reduced by 1 per missing player.
- Declarations of tank choices before the game are not required.
- The table below depicts tier limitation for this tournament
- A team roster must consist of 7 players, and may include up to 4 registered reserve players. Team must be fully registered and accepted before playing (A reserve player may replace a primary player at any time).
- Each player can only play for one team in one tournament, cup or championship
- Any player can change team if they want. Players are not allowed to play for a new team within 10 days of their departure from their old team, and may not take part in any games and tournaments of his new team during this period. This also applies to newly registered players playing for an existing established team but not for entirely new teams.
- A banned player who’s ban has recently expired cannot play in any new teams or participate in an existing team for 30 days after the expiration of their ban.
- Once the team has been created, it cannot change its name (please be very careful when naming your team).
- Team and player names must not violate the wargaming.net naming rules; any team violating these rules will be disqualified.
- Wargaming.net staff or affiliates are not prohibited from playing unless they are part of the tournament administration, these people will be stated. (Only a maximum of 2 Wargaming.net employees and/or affiliates per active team are allowed).
- Before the battle:
- Teams have 10 minutes before the allocated start time to join the lobby. If a team is not ready in this time and no one from the reserve can take the place in the primary (main) team, this team forfeits the game.
- Use of premium tanks, shells and consumables is allowed.
- Victory conditions:
- Each battle lasts for 10 minutes.
- To win a game, the team will need to destroy all enemy vehicles or capture the enemy base.
- The first rounds will be “Best of 1”. Subsequent rounds will be “Best of 3”. The final is “Best of 5”.
- If a match ends in a draw, both teams will be disqualified for passive play in a best of 1 game. In best of 3 and best of 5 matches the below rule applies.
- If a match ends in a draw, we will use the 8 tier points rule. "In the case of a draw, the total tier points of surviving tanks will be added up for each team. A team with 8 tier points advantage over their opponent will be the winner" (This must be checked with a screen shot posted on this specific forum within 15 min of the game’s end) - if there is no clear winner then both teams are disqualified.
- Starting spawn points for all games will be automatically allocated by the system
- Games cannot be replayed unless an issue with the set up causes a problem. Unfortunately we will be unable to restart games due to disconnections or PC crashes
- Casters and admins:
- Official casters will be stated before any tournament starts on the forum by the admins Bump, 0xyde or Berbo, if an official caster requests entrance to a game then they must be invited.
- Replays must be recorded by the teams from the quarter final onwards, any other replays are always welcome. Details will be provided on where to send these closer to the time, but they can also be uploaded to the forums
- How to get to the game:
- Teams are automatically invited into games, there is a great guide to this, and a guide on what to do when you have the invite!
- As there was some confusion in the past on how to move players to participate in a round, we have created a simple guide that should help you with any possible match-joining problems.
- In the event of a team-member violating any of the above regulations, the whole team will be disqualified.
- Additionally, every player is advised to carefully read the “How not to get declined” guide.
Looking for team members? We’ve created a nice and easy to use forum section to help you out with that!
Got a question about the tournament? Don’t hesitate to ask!
Good luck and have fun!