For the last few months we have been running a weekly contest in which you had to work out which tank was hidden in the picture. Last week we introduced a new version of the contest in which, we asked you to show off your eye for the detail by identifying both the tank and the map where it is located.
The second session of the contest will take place on Tuesday, November 13th at 18:30 CET (17:30 GMT). As usual, the contest picture will be posted in the dedicated forum.
Your task is to figure out the name of the map and the location (A1, B4, etc.), as well as the name of the vehicle shown in the masked picture. You also will have to explain your answer with a short sentence.
- When you are sure you know the square of the map this picture is from and the vehicle it shows, send us your answer firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line of “Guess Where " (in English) and your in-game name.
Example : Subject: Guess Where – Pseudo12
Map : Prokhorovka, C6
Tank : T-127
Why : I see the … and the …
- Feel free to write your explanation text in your native language, but please make sure you send it to the correct e-mail address with the correct subject line or your entry not will be accepted! Note: Only entries submitted in one of the six officially supported languages (EN, DE, FR, ES, PL or CZ) will be eligible for winning.
- Only one entry per player is allowed
- We will award a prize for the first 6 correct answers that we receive.
- If you are unable to find the right answer on the first day, don’t worry! We will reveal a little more of the picture on each of the following days. But greater information comes with a price. The reward you will receive will reduce the more days it takes to uncover the secret.
Right answer during Tuesday:
Right answer during Wednesday:
Right answer during Thursday:
Right answer during Friday:
To participate in the contest, please follow the rules in the forum.
The winners will be announced at the same time as the announcement for next week’s Guess Where contest.
Good luck and have fun!
Last Week’s Winners
Thank you all for participating in the previous Guess Where Contest. Many of you took part in this contest by trying to find out not only the name of the map, but also the exact coordinates and the tank hidden in the picture. Check out the full picture without the mask below:
It was the Chinese tier VIII premium medium tank, the Type 59 on the Fjords map, G7 coordinates.
Some clues you could have used to identify it were:
First the hints for the tank:
- You could see part of the wheel and track of the tank, which is typical for high tier Soviet designs as well as both Chinese tanks in the game.
- You could see a part of the front armour plate, which is very sloped, typical for tanks like the T54 or Type 59.
- You could see the camouflage pattern on the plate, turret and gun, typical for Chinese tanks.
- The gun is too big for the Type 62, therefore it must be the Type 59.
Secondly, the hints for the map:
- First, take note of the lighting. The map is not nearly as bright as any desert, or many European and American maps. This suggests Fjords as one of the possible candidates.
- You can see that there are a few relatively tall buildings in rather bright colours. This rules out a few maps. In addition, these buildings are typical for Norway, which strongly suggests that this is the Fjords map. It also indicates the position on the map.
- Part of the road, as well as the presence of trees, mountain peaks and buildings indicate the position on the map - G7.
The winners are listed below, rewarded as in the rules.