For the last few months we have been running a weekly contest in which you had to work out which tank was hidden in the picture. Last week we introduced a new version of the contest in which, we asked you to show off your eye for the detail by identifying both the tank and the map where it is located.
The next session of the contest will take place on Tuesday, November 6th at 18:30 CET (17:30 GMT). As usual, the contest picture will be posted in the dedicated forum.
Your task is to figure out the name of the map and the location (A1, B4, etc.), as well as the name of the vehicle shown in the masked picture. You also will have to explain your answer with a short sentence.
- When you are sure you know the square of the map this picture is from and the vehicle it shows, send us your answer firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line of “Guess Where " (in English) and your in-game name.
Example : Subject: Guess Where – Pseudo12
Map : Prokhorovka, C6
Tank : T-127
Why : I see the … and the …
- Feel free to write your explanation text in your native language, but please make sure you send it to the correct e-mail address with the correct subject line or your entry not will be accepted! Note: Only entries submitted in one of the six officially supported languages (EN, DE, FR, ES, PL or CZ) will be eligible for winning.
- Only one entry per player is allowed
- We will award a prize for the first 6 correct answers that we receive.
- If you are unable to find the right answer on the first day, don’t worry! We will reveal a little more of the picture on each of the following days. But greater information comes with a price. The reward you will receive will reduce the more days it takes to uncover the secret.
Right answer during Tuesday:
Right answer during Wednesday:
Right answer during Thursday:
Right answer during Friday:
To participate in the contest, please follow the rules in the forum.
The winners will be announced at the same time as the announcement for next week’s Guess Where contest.
Good luck and have fun!
Last Week’s Winners
Thank you all for participating in our first Guess Where Contest. Many of you took part in this contest by trying to find out not only the name of the map, but also the exact coordinates and the tank hidden in the picture. Check out the full picture without the mask below:
It was the French tier V heavy tank, BDR G1B on the Arctic Region map, F7 coordinates.
Some clues you could have used to identify it were:
First the hints for the location:
- You can see some flora, typical rather for cold regions.
- You can see judging by the colour of the sky and the water that this must be a really cold map, no buildings are visible.
- In addition you can see some bits of snow. There are only two winter maps in the game and this is one of them, the Arctic circle.
- When you look closely you can see that the grass is quite close and there must be some water in the background with some cliff. Judging by this you can get more precise location of the tank in regards of the map.
Secondly, the hints for the tank:
- You can see the rear hook, part of the hull and the canon. Therefore you can see the proportion of the tank and see it`s rather boxy, high with the tracks rolling on top of its sides. This reduces the amount of possible tanks.
- The rear hook in addition to these proportions and the gun with no gun muzzle strongly indicates this is the BDR tank.