- Arms Race will last from May 29 through June 12, and comprise one stage.
- Throughout this large-scale game event, clans and players will earn Fame Points.
- Players earn Fame Points for participation in battles; however, a clan's success in the event directly affects the number and amount of rewards.
- Clans will earn Fame Points both in battle and by completing special conditions.
- The battlefield will be divided into three successive fronts. The way that Fame Points are earned, and the number of Fame Points that can be earned, differ on each front.
- At any time during the event, a clan may convert clan Fame Points into Research Points.
- Research Points can be invested into various technologies that increase the gain of clan or personal Fame Points and simplify the clan's actions on the map.
- If done effectively, clans which wisely invest earned Fame Points will earn even more clan Fame Points during the battles.
- The clans that achieve the best balance between earning Fame Points and investing them into technologies, while achieving good results in battles, will stand the best chance of success in the event.
1. General Rules
- The Arms Race event will be available from May 29 at 13:00 through June 12 at 13:00 CEST (UTC+2).
- The event will comprise a single stage, without breaks or days off.
- All clans (existing and newly created ones) will be able to participate in the event.
- The map will be divided into three fronts: Basic, Advanced, and Elite. Access to the territories of the Advanced and Elite fronts is limited.
- Revolts are OFF.
- All battles will be played in the absolute format, 15vs15 in Tier X vehicles.
- The battle duration will be 15 minutes.
- “Fog of War” is ON.
- Penalties for no-show in battle are ON.
- Province income in gold is OFF. During the Arms Race event, a province will provide 1 to 3 special bonuses to its owner.
- The province owner does not participate in tournaments on landing provinces, in landing auctions, or in tournaments among challengers in attacks by land on their own provinces.
- Clans can submit applications for landing tournaments on the territory of the Basic front and for landing auctions of the Advanced and Elite fronts, if they own any territories on any fronts.
- Clans cannot attack landing provinces on the territory of the Basic front by land.
- Clans can attack landing auctions on the territories of the Advanced and Elite fronts by land.
- The Headquarters are OFF. Divisions can be created on any province.
- Division creation and upkeep are free.
- Division modules are ON but limited. All created divisions will automatically be equipped with the Engineer Battalion module that decreases the movement restriction between owned provinces by 50%.
- Landing provinces within the territory of the Basic front are dynamic and change their location when landing battles are over.
- The maximum number of participants within a landing tournament is 32.
- On the first day of the "world re-division", the maximum possible number of participants in landing tournaments is 16.
- Landing provinces within the territory of the Advanced and Elite fronts are dynamic and change their location when battles among the challengers are over.
- The maximum number of participants within a landing auction on the territory of the Advanced front is 16, and on the territory of the Elite front is 8.
- The maximum number of applications (available to a clan within a turn on the Global Map) for landing on the territory of the Basic front is 6.. The number of simultaneously available landing applications depends on the number of clan members that have Tier X vehicles in their Garage. For example, if 92 members of a clan have a Tier X vehicle, 6 applications will be available to the clan. If 89 members of a clan have a Tier X vehicle, only 5 applications will be available to the clan.
- Battle shift of 15 minutes is ON for 50% of provinces.
- Vehicle lock is ON in battles for provinces of the Elite front. Basic lock duration is 144 hours.
Maps for Arms Race
2. Special Rules
Within the Arms Race, various complex mechanics and conditions (that are similar to those of Operation Gambit) will be used. Below is a brief glossary to clarify the mechanics that are described in the document:
- Fronts: the playing field is divided into three fronts, each having different access conditions and mechanics. Each subsequent front has fewer provinces, tougher competition, and better rewards.
- Bonuses: clan boosts that are available from provinces and received by the clans that own them.
- Technologies: special advantages received by clans through investment of previously earned Fame Points.
- Lab: vendor of technologies. Technologies can be purchased for Research Points (that can be obtained only by exchanging clan Fame Points).
- Investment: a special mechanic to exchange clan Fame Points to Research Points (required for purchasing technologies). When using the Investment functionality, if a clan owns provinces on the Event Fronts, that clan will be automatically removed from the map.
- Landing auction: a hybrid of landing and auction, where a part of a clan makes landing bids in clan Fame Points and the other part participates in an auction via bonuses and technologies.
- Clan tasks: tasks that allow the earning of clan Fame Points, Research Points, and various technologies.
3. Playing Field
- All time zones of Arms Race will play on a single playing field, without division into regions.
- The playing field is divided into three fronts: Basic, Advanced, and Elite.
- Prime-Time of the event from 19:00 to 22:00 CEST (UTC+2).
- There are three fronts with different access conditions, gain of personal and clan Fame Points, and strategic mechanics.
- Each province of the Global Map has 1–3 bonuses that provide strategic advantages to the clan that owns them.
- The bonus distribution at the provinces remains unchanged throughout the event.
4.1. Basic Front
- On the Basic front, Fame Points can be earned only for battles.
- Applications for landings at the territory of the Basic front are available to any clan of at least 15 members, who have a Tier X vehicle.
- Dynamic landings are available at the territory of the Basic front; at the same time, applications for landing at this front can be submitted by clans that already own provinces at any front.
- The Basic front consists of 433 provinces.
4.2. Advanced Front
- On the Advanced front, Fame Points can be earned both for battles and for owning provinces.
- There are four ways to receive access to provinces of the Advanced front:
- Capture a province that provides the "application for a landing auction at the Advanced front".
- Purchase the "application for a landing auction at the Advanced front" technology from the Lab.
- Make a bid (in Fame Points) for a landing auction. The minimum bid at the Advanced front is 100 clan Fame Points (see clause 5 of the Rules).
- Complete the "Experienced Raider" clan tasks (see clause 7 of the Rules).
- Provinces of the Advanced front provide a 10% bonus to Fame Points that are earned in battles (as compared to the Basic front, see clause 6 of the Rules )
- Owning a province at the Advanced front is rewarded with Fame Points; their number decreasing for each day of ownership. Fame Points are added during the calculation of the next turn, when battles at the province are over. If a clan leaves the map before the turn calculation, it will not receive these clan Fame Points.
|Time of owning a province of the Advanced front by a clan (play days)||Clan Fame Points|
Therefore, if a clan captures a province of the Advanced front for the first time, it receives 4,000 clan Fame Points. If the clan owns the province for the second day, it receives 3,000 clan Fame Points; owning the province for the third day will be rewarded with 2,000 clan Fame Points, etc.
- When a province is captured repeatedly (excluding capture after Investment), the bonus remains unchanged, as if a clan owns it. For example, a clan owns a province for three days, then loses it and re-captures it on the following day. In this case, the clan will receive 1,000 clan Fame Points for the first day of repeated ownership and 0 clan Fame Points for the following day.
- Investment resets the counter of owning a province, and if it is captured repeatedly, the income starts anew.
- The Advanced front consists of 121 provinces.
4.3. Elite Front
- On the Elite front, Fame Points can be earned for battles, for owning provinces, and for the number of owned provinces.
- There are two ways of receiving access to provinces of the Elite front:
- Purchase the "application for a landing auction at the Elite front" technology from the Lab.
- Make a bid (in Fame Points) for a landing auction. The minimum bid at the Elite front is 10,000 clan Fame Points (see clause 5 of the Rules).
- Provinces of the Elite front provide 20% bonus to Fame Points that are earned in battles (as compared to the Basic front, see clause 6 of the Rules).
- Owning a province rewards clans with clan Fame Points, by analogy with provinces of the Advanced front, Rules clause 3.2.4, also decreased for each day of ownership. Fame Points are added during the calculation of the next turn, when battles at the province are over.
|Time of owning a province of the Elite front by a clan (play days)||Clan Fame Points|
- Clans that own groups of provinces at the territory of the Elite front earn clan Fame Points. At the end of a playing day, clans that own 4 or more provinces at the territory of the Elite front are rewarded with clan Fame Points depending on the number of provinces owned when all battles on the provinces are over.
|Number of provinces owned by a clan||Reward in clan Fame Points|
Clan Fame Points received for owning groups of provinces are added at the end of a playing day (at 7:00 CEST (UTC+2)). However, if a clan starts Investment while owning a group of provinces at the Elite front, it will receive Research points in full, for all clan Fame Points, including the reward for owning a group of provinces.
If a clan retains ownership of its provinces to the end of the battles at the provinces and then leaves the Global Map (by starting Investment), it will receive clan Fame Points.
- Vehicle lock is ON in battles for provinces of the Elite front.
- Vehicles destroyed in any battle at the territory of the Elite front get locked for 144 hours, excluding the battle against the province owner. When winning a battle against the province owner, vehicles get locked for 72 hours.
- The vehicle lock time can be decreased using a special technology.
- Locked vehicles can be used in battles at the territory of the Basic and Advanced fronts.
- The Elite front consists of 15 provinces.
5. Improvements for Clans
A clan can use various bonuses and technologies to accelerate the acquisition of Fame Points.
These are divided into two groups: Technologies that can be purchased from the Lab for Research Points or received as reward by completing clan tasks, and Bonuses that can be received by capturing and owning provinces that provide such bonuses. The effects of bonuses and technologies stack, see more details in clauses 5.3 and 5.4 of the Rules.
5.1. Research Points and Investment
- Investment is a special mechanic to exchange clan Fame Points for Research Points (at a particular exchange rate). The exchange rate can be improved using particular technologies.
- Accumulated clan Fame Points can be exchanged in full or in parts. The more clan Fame Points that are exchanged, the higher the exchange rate. The number of clan Fame Points to be exchanged can be set when starting Investment.
- When using this mechanic all made (pending) auction bids are canceled and the clan leaves the Global Map; all accumulated clan Fame Points are exchanged for Research Points. Only the clan leader or Executive Officers can use the Investment functionality.
- Basically, the exchange of Fame Points for research Points is performed after the calculation for the nearest turn.
- Investment cannot be started if the Prime-Time has begun at the provinces, where the clan has appointed battles.
- Once Investment is fulfilled, the possibility of earning the full bonus from provinces of the Advanced and Elite fronts is restored (sections 4.2 and 4.3 of the Rules).
- The exchange of Fame Points for Research Points is irreversible; i.e. Research Points cannot be exchanged for Fame Points. Be attentive, especially at the end of Arms Race.
- The Lab is a special store where Research Points can be spent on various technologies.
- All currently active improvements of the clan can be viewed in the Lab.
- Each province on the event map features up to three different bonuses.
- Bonuses are activated once a clan occupies a province and terminated when the clan stops owning the province.
- If a clan owns several provinces that provide the same bonus, the bonus effect is not multiplied. A clan gets the effect only from the most effective bonus. For example, a clan owns two provinces. One of them provides a bonus of +3% to earned personal Fame Points, while the other province provides a bonus of +10% to earned personal Fame Points. In total, the clan members will only get +10% to personal Fame Points they earn.
- A technology is received once within the event and remains in effect until Arms Race is over.
- A technology starts working just after being purchased in the Laboratory or after a clan receives it for completing the clan task.
- The effect of several technologies of the same type stacks. Therefore, if a clan gets a technology that provides +5% to earned personal Fame Points, and later gets a technology that provides +10% to earned personal Fame Points, the clan members will receive a bonus of +15% to personal Fame Points they earn.
- The cost of a technology may change dynamically depending on the number of clans that purchase the technology. The more clans that get a particular technology, the less expensive it is for clans that do not yet have it.
5.5. Summary table of bonuses and technologies available during the event stages
|Increased number of personal Fame Points earned in battles||yes||Fronts: Basic, Advanced, Elite|
|Increased number of clan Fame Points earned in battles||Fronts: Basic, Advanced, Elite|
|Increased number of clan Fame Points for owning provinces of the Advanced and Elite fronts||Fronts: Basic, Advanced, Elite|
|An application for the auction of the Advanced front||Basic front|
|An application for the auction of the Elite front||none|
|Increased reward for owning provinces at the Elite front territory||Elite front|
|Increased effect of bonuses provided by provinces||none|
|Decreased duration of vehicle lock||none|
|Increased rate of exchanging clan Fame Points into Research Points||none|
|Increased bonus for winning against an opponent who has more clan Fame Points||none|
6. Landing Auctions at Provinces of the Advanced and Elite Fronts
- Players need to use landing auctions to get to the Advanced and Elite fronts.
- There are two ways of participating in an auction: get access to an auction via a technology or bonus, or make a bid in clan Fame Points.
- The main feature of landing auctions is that there can be more than one winner in an auction. Afterwards, the auction winners meet at the tournament. The tournament winner faces the province owner. The maximum number of auction winners depends on the front—16 winners at the Advanced front, and 8 winners at the Elite front. If required, these numbers can be increased.
- 8 applications for the Advanced front landing auction and 4 applications for the Elite front landing auction are reserved for clans that get access by capturing a province with the corresponding bonus or by purchasing this bonus in the Laboratory.
- Until auction application time end (one turn before battles start), all clans can make bids in clan Fame Points to the landing auction or submit landing applications with the clan bonuses and technologies they have.
- One turn before the battle starts, the tournament grid is created. It includes clans that apply for a landing auction with bonuses and technologies, clans that make the highest bids in clan Fame Points, and clans that land on the province "by earth".
Example: 23 clans applied for a landing auction of the Advanced front. 2 clans own provinces that provide the corresponding bonus, and 4 clans have purchased the application in the Lab. 14 clans have made bids in clan Fame Points, and 3 clans have landed on the province "by earth". One turn before battles start, the tournament grid is created. It will include 6 clans that have the corresponding bonuses (2 clans that own the provinces and 4 clans that have purchased the technology), 10 clans that have made the highest bids in clan Fame Points, and 3 clans that have landed on the province "by earth". The 4 clans that have made the smallest bids do not participate in the tournament.
- If several clans make identical bids, the clan that makes the bid earliest gets priority.
Example: 10 clans have made identical bids for a landing auction of the Elite front. In addition, two clans that own the corresponding technology have applied for this auction. In this case, 8 clans will win the auction—2 clans that own the technology and 6 clans that have made the bids earlier than the other clans.
- All unsuccessful bids are returned to the clan.
- Battles between the auction winners and clans that land on the auction province "by earth" are fought according to the standard rules applied to tournaments among challengers. In addition, the x5 multiplier is applied to personal and clan Fame Points earned in these battles.
7. Fame Points
- Within Arms Race, clans compete for Fame Points to claim the most valuable rewards of the event.
- Both clans and players earn Fame Points in battles. In one battle, all players of a team earn the same amount of Fame Points.
- The formula for calculating Fame Points earned in battles:
- Fame_Points: Fame Points earned in battle.
- Fame_points_base: the basic number of Fame Points in Arms Race equal to 1,500.
- Battle_type_c: battle type multiplier.
- Event_value_c: game event multiplier.
- Еlo_c: Elo rating multiplier, corresponds to the front Elo rating for Tier X vehicles.
- Team_XP: the amount of experience the team has earned in the battle.
- Battle_XP: the total amount of experience the teams have earned in the battle.
- Team_size: the set team size—15 players.
- Bonus_р: the multiplier provided by active bonuses for Fame Points earned in battles (different for clans and players)
- Technology_р: the multiplier provided by active technologies for Fame Points earned in battles (different for clans and players)
Battle type multiplier (Battle_type_c)
|Tournament among challengers at the landing province of the Basic front||1|
|Tournament among challengers at a regular province of any front and tournament among challengers at the landing auction of the Advanced or Elite front||5|
|Battle with the owner at all fronts||5|
Game event multiplier (Event_value_c)
|Landing province of the Basic front||1|
|Basic front province||1|
|Advanced front province (including landing auctions)||1.1|
|Elite front province (including landing auctions)||1.2|
Elo rating multipliers (Elo_c)
|Elo rating of the opposing clan||Elo_c|
Personal Fame Points
- Within the event, personal Fame Points can be earned only in battles.
- Personal Fame Points are retained during the entire event, regardless of the stage and joining/leaving the clan.
- The log of earning personal Fame Points is available in the personal profile on the game portal.
Clan Fame Points
- Clan Fame Points can be earned by fighting in battles and completing special conditions at the Advanced and Elite fronts.
- The log of earning clan Fame Points is available in the clan profile on the clan portal.
- If a clan that has fewer clan Fame Points beats a clan that has more clan Fame Points (including bids that have already been made but not played), 3% of the difference in clan Fame Points (including bids that have already been made but not played) is transferred from the defeated clan to the winning clan. Technologies can increase this amount to 7% of the difference in clan Fame Points.
- Example: 2 clans fought a battle. The winning clan has 1,000 clan Fame Points, while the defeated clan has 101,000 clan Fame Points at the end of the battle. The difference in the number of their clan Fame Points is 100,000. 3% of this number is 3,000. Thus, the defeated clan will lose 3,000 clan Fame Points that will be transferred to the winning clan.
- Clan Fame Points can be spent for a landing auction at the Advanced or Elite fronts. The auction system is explained in section 5 of the Regulations.
- Clan Fame Points can be exchanged for Research Points, completely or partially, with the Investments mechanic.
- Clan Fame Points considering the invested points are displayed on the Global Map, which allows evaluation of opponents regarding the number of Fame Points they spend on technologies and regarding their speed of earning clan Fame Points.
- Fixed battles are prohibited by the Regulations. Clans and players that violate the rules will lose all their Fame Points (both clan and personal), and their game accounts will be banned.
- In contradictory cases related to adding Fame Points (suspicion of fixed battles, etc.), the administration reserves the right to demand the battle be replayed, and screenshots, and other related information be provided. If the requested information is not provided, the administration will make a decision at their own discretion. We strongly recommend to Enable Battle Recording in the game settings.
8. Clan Tasks
- During the Arms Race event, clans can complete clan tasks.
- The tasks will be rewarded with technologies, Research Points, and clan Fame Points.
- All clan tasks, their conditions, and rewards are available in the Global Map UI.
|Task Name||Reward||Task Conditions||Number of Completions|
|Striking Power||5,000 Research Points||Win a battle at the Elite front (including battles within landing auctions)||2|
|Test Strike||100 Research Points||Capture a province of the Basic front||3|
|Bypass Strike||5,000 clan Fame Points||Capture a province of the Advanced front||3|
|Finishing Strike||Technology: +20% to clan Fame Points in battles||Capture a province of the Elite front||1|
|Experienced Raider||Technology: free application for the Advanced front||Capture 10 provinces of the Advanced front||1|
|Well-Aimed Fire||Technology: +5% to personal Fame Points||Destroy 50 enemy vehicles at any front||2|
9. Special Offers
- Clans will be provided with options to invest clan Fame Points into Research Points with a special, increased exchange rate, provided certain conditions have been met:
|Conditions that provide a clan with a special offer||
|Upon accepting this offer||
|Upon rejecting this offer||
|How often this clan can receive a special offer||
10. Arms Race Flow
- Before the start of Arms Race, all clans receive 15 research Points, and can spend them on technologies in the Lab.
- On the first day of the event, all provinces on the Basic front will be landing. The maximum number of landing applications is 16.
- Upon the end of battles on landings, the dynamic landings in the Basic front provinces will be enabled. The maximum number of applications for this type of landing is 32.
- On the second day of the event, dynamic landing auctions are opened on the territories of the Advanced and Elite fronts.
- On the last day of the event (June 11), after the end of battles on landing tournaments, new dynamic landings and auctions are not created.
- On June 12, 13:00 CEST (UTC+2) the map will freeze, the event will finish, and finalization of results of the Arms Race event will begin.
- The process of receiving awards and opening access to bonds exchange for vehicles will begin on June 14.
11. Special Penalties for Not Entering a Battle
- The sum of penalties will be calculated from the total sum of clan Fame Points, including the bids that were made but not won.
- Clan Fame Points are removed from the clan's account. Therefore, following the penalties and auctions results, the clan account can display a negative quantity of clan Fame Points.
|Number battles that were not entered in a reference period||Maximum number of landing applications||Clan Fame Points||Reference period|
|1||6||Penalties shall not be imposed||3 days|
To enter the Alley of Fame, both clans and players have to play at least 5 battles in the Arms Race event and earn at least 100 Fame Points. Only players and clans that have managed to enter the Alley of Fame will be included in the calculation of the percentage of players that receive the final rewards.
12.1. Personal Leaderboard
- Players can receive vehicles, bonds, badges, medals, a style and a digital camouflage as rewards for Arms Race.
- Distribution of bonds by personal leaderboard:
Please note the sums of bonds provided below are imposed with a coefficient based on a clan's position. As a result, the reward can be increased up to seven times!
Arms Race Event Medals And Their Receiving Conditions
Winner of Arms Race
Reward to members of the clan that took the first position in "Arms Race"
Arms Race Top 10
Reward to the members of the clans that made it to the Top-10 in "Arms Race"
Arms Race Top 100
Reward to the members of the clans that made it to the Top 100 in Arms Race
Participant of Arms Race
Commemorative award for active participation in Arms Race
Reward to the members of the clan that has the longest series of victories
Arms Race badges and their receiving conditions
Legend of Global Map
Received for outstanding achievements on the Global Map
Hero of Arms Race
Rewarded for finishing in the top 10% of players in Arms Race
Styles and camouflages of Arms Race and their receiving conditions
"Lightning" style set
- Unlike bonds, styles, camouflages and badges, the number of rankings that receive the access to exchange of bonds for vehicles is limited. The best 9,000 players by personal Fame Points will receive an opportunity to exchange bonds for one of three Tier X vehicles (М60, Т95Е6, 121B). Players will be able to exchange the Arms Race vehicles at a special rate of 4,000 bonds.
- During vehicle exchange, players will be able to use the bonds rewarded for Arms Race, as well as the bonds that have been received for any other type of activities.
- One player will be able to exchange bonds only for one vehicle.
- The winners of the Arms Race event will be able to exchange bonds for vehicles from June 15 at 10:00 to June 29 to 10:00 CEST (UTC+2).
- The reward vehicles will be provided with the Veteran camouflage, special emblems and inscriptions. In addition, after the end of the Arms Race event, the owners of the 121B tank will receive a set of Veteran camouflage, emblems and inscriptions.
- If a player outside the prize zone wins the same amount of Fame Points as the player on the last rank of the prize zone, both players receive the same award from the personal leaderboard.
12.2. Clan Leaderboard
Please note that some mechanics of the Arms Race event are irreversible, and can affect the clan progress in the event in case any unfair actions are performed by clan officers or any accounts are hacked.
Please take responsibility for your security and consider these three hints before starting the event:
- For clan commanders—be cautious when selecting players who have the access to officer’s permissions and operating on the map; it is a good idea to limit the number of such players for the duration of the event.
- Never transfer your account to any third party—it is not secure and violates the game rules.
- We strongly recommend changing the account password before the start of the event.
- Depending on clan position in the clan leaderboard, the sum of bonds of players in this clan can be provided with the following multiplier:
- Thus, if a player is among the top 7% of players by personal Fame Points in the region, and the clan is among the top 7% of clans in the same region, the player receives 800 (by personal leaderboard) *5 (clan multiplier) = 4,000.
- A player receives a clan multiplier only from the clan to which this player belongs to at the moment of the end of the Arms Race event (the clan you belong to at the end of the event is the one which will give you the multiplier), and in case the following conditions have been met:
- Fought at least 5 battles in the Arms Race event as a part of this clan.
- Earned at least 100 personal Fame Points as a part of this clan.
Unlike other rewards, game gold shall be distributed for a determined position, not for being among a percentage of players. The total prize pool of 7,015,000 will be distributed among clans in the following way:
- The best clans based on the results of the Arms Race event will receive invitations to participate in a special clan tournament which will take place in the summer of 2018.
13. Bond Auction
Players who entered the Alley of Fame, but did not finish in the top 9,000 and did not receive the option to exchange bonds for vehicles, can take part in the Bond Auction and try to win one of three clan vehicles (М60, 121В, Т95Е6).
- The auction starts with the opening of the window to exchange bonds for vehicles from June 15 at 10:00 to June 29 to 10:00 CEST (UTC+2).
- Players who entered the Alley of Fame, but did not finish in the top 9,000, have a chance to make a bid in bonds of at least 5,000
- A player can cancel the bid at any moment and make another bid.
- At the end of the auction, the players who made the highest 120 bids will receive the vehicle selected by them in the bid window.
- If there are several players who made the smallest winning bid, the players who made the earliest winning bid will receive the vehicles.
- Bids that were made but did not win shall be returned to the players who made these bids.