When will the damage and the penetration of HE shells be adjusted?
- In the 7.2 update, several of armour groups will be absorbing around 20% less damage caused by HE.
What exactly will change in battle maps, when the new game physics will be introduced?
- The new game physics will allow vehicles to move in a completely new way. All maps will be reworked which will give a tank the freedom to realistically move anywhere without getting stuck.
When will the new physics appear in the game?
- A lot of work needs to be done before the release of new physics engine. Firstly, we need to rework all the maps so that the new physics engine is implemented correctly. All of these changes are currently being tested. We are adjusting them accordingly to the results of our stress test. This includes fixing bugs and modifying mechanics. All works should be finalized no earlier than the second or third quarter of this year.
Will the new physics allow the vehicle which has turned over or fell from a bridge to self-destroy automatically? Will my team member be able to put the machine back on its tracks?
- We are working on the tanks to always end up on ‘all two’ tracks. Depriving the tanks capability to roll over will facilitate the game. Yet once the new physics are released for a public test, the rolling of the tank could be adjusted. We will be studying the players’ feed-back closely.
The 7.0 version has a brand new complaint system. How does it help you and how does it work in practice?
- The complaint system allows players to report others without using the relatively cumbersome procedure of contacting technical support staff by e-mail or via the game portal. The system is available on the battle screen during ranked battles (everything but training rooms); it is partially available on the garage screen. Complaints are submitted by pressing «Ctrl» and right-click on a corresponding player in the battle screen. Informants may choose from several complaint options in a pop-up context menu. Admins open a daily complaint list in order to select the players who should be penalized for their actions. Admins check the validity of complaints with appropriate interfaces. Each complaint is marked as ‘valid’ or ‘false’. As a result of these actions some users receive a penalty (usually a ban).
In the past it’s been mentioned that a new match maker system will be featured in 7.2. Could you confirm it?
- The new match maker is not tied up with the 7.2 update. At the moment we are still testing all systems and improving the match maker. We expect that it will be fully functional around the 7.2 release, yet there could be changes with the dates.
What have happened to American Christie Tanks? When they will be released?
- These vehicles will not be introduced just yet. The estimated release date will be around the end of this year or even later.
Are you planning to introduce tropical maps with a Pacific theme?
- We are constantly working on themes of in-game maps. One of the maps will be island themed. Located in the Pacific Ocean, the map will boast landscape features such as an extinguished volcano, picturesque waterfalls, a pristine lagoon, and white sand beaches. There will be plenty of places where you can conceal your SPGs, hide your TDs, and shoot around palm trees. The estimated release date of this map will be the third quarter of 2012.
In what aspects of the premium Jagdtiger will differ from an ordinary one?
- The only ‘special’ features are its premium gun and the name.
What are the main features of the French SPGs and TDs?
- Compared with SPGs and TDs of other nations, the French vehicles will be executing exactly the same functions in a battle: shoot and destroy. Yet the top French SPG will have a multi-round auto loading mechanism, commonly known as a gun cylinder.
Could you please explain what the in-game novice training is?
- The in-game training will touch upon the basic garage elements: choosing a vehicle, buying a vehicle, training a crew, selecting modules, researching vehicles etc. The in-game training will be only be available for new accounts registered after the 7.2 release.
Why have German camouflages been reworked?
- Players have noticed some discrepancies and historical inaccuracies with the colours and patterns of German camouflages. We had to amend the German camouflage in order to make them more realistic.
Have clan insignia for 7.2 been approved?
- Clan insignia (clan badges) have not been approved yet but there is a high chance that this will happen soon.
Could you explain how the one-click button works in order to repair module or heal a crew member?
- If you only have one module damaged/one crew member knocked out, you can simply press on the Repair Kit/First Aid Kit button to repair it. This can be done without selecting any additional options from the menu.
Type 62 has been announced on the forums as the next Chinese tank. Will this machine be available on different servers too?
- The Type 62 VII tier Light Tank will definitely be released on the Chinese server. We are still taking into consideration its introduction to other game servers.
Could you please share your preliminary plans for vehicles in 7.3?
- In 7.3 there will be some changes in the Soviet HTs. The KV tank range will be branched into KV-1 and KV-2. Heavies T-150, KV-4 and ST-1 will be introduced into the game. IS-4 will be moved to tier X, and IS-8 (T-10) will take its place in tier IX.
What will happen to T34 in7.2?
- As you might know, the T34 will be replaced by the M103 and moved to Premium Tanks. Players will be able to purchase the T34 and any other premium vehicles in the in-game store. In addition, the T34 will be moved to tier VIII. We are still working on the game balance. Other new American vehicles are also being balanced. There is a high chance that they will end up on the same battle level as their predecessors, T30 and T34.
What is the reason for removing German Hotchkiss and B2 from the store?
- The main reason was the introduction of the French Tech Tree. Originally, PzKpfw 38H735 (F) and PzKpfw B2 740(F) were French and they were placed on the German Tech Tree as captured materiel. Now players can easily research these tanks in the French Tech Tree.
Is the E100 TD going to be a substantial TD or will it stay the same? When we will be able to see stats on it?
- It will be a Tank Destroyer as all of them are. Yes, it will be different from the current model but it will still have some common features with all TD’s
- Since the German Tech Tree is the most ‘completed’ tree in the game, the German TD line will probably be updated in the second quarter of 2012, closer to summer. Also there is a high chance that French TD’s and SPG’s will be released before then.
- It looks like new players who will join the game after Christmas won’t be able to purchase T34. This does not mean that the Premium members will not be able to get their T34 by converting gold into experience and credits. The T34 case is not for making another Premium vehicle, but to compensate efforts in grinding for those who have already own this tank for a long period of time. And again, special offers for this tank may possibly be released at a future date.
Are you planning to balance battles so we will have an option to play Axis vs. Allies?
- There are plans to add historical battles which will include historically accurate rosters Nation vs. Nation.
Will it be possible to choose the particular map we would like to play on? If so, would it be available for premium accounts only? What kind of limits would it have?
- You will not be able to choose a map of your desire. Alternatively, you can put a ‘veto’ on one map and it will be removed from a random map selection. Most probably, it will be available for all members, but premium membership or gold (this is still a subject of discussion) will allow you to ‘veto’ more maps (1-2).
Since some players love to have SPG support, and others hate being killed by something they can't see, will there ever be an option to exclude SPG's from battles?
- No this option will not be available.
I have noticed that I play on some maps more often than on the others. Why is that? Is it being determined by different factors like a vehicle type? (For example, more town maps are available when I play with HT's, the choice is narrowed down when I use TD's and SPG's).
- All maps are selected at random, however new maps added to the latest update are usually displayed more often.
What has the highest priority for CW?
- Our highest priority is Tank Freezing and Fog of War. Clan Diplomacy is also a high priority.
In the past it has been mentioned that the interface will be reworked. Will it influence the in-battle interface?
- There will be major Garage changes and slight improvements of the battle interface. Moreover, we can confirm that Garage will be cardinally reworked!
I have actually 3 questions:
- On the front, tankers usually weld additional armor plates. For example, many pictured of Panzer III and Panzer IV can be found with such modifications. Are you planning to add something similar as additional equipment?
- Will you add more options for vehicle customization apart from camo?
- Will you add more destructible objects to the in-game maps and more ‘war’ related features (i.e. trenches)
- Everything is planned, but not in the near future. For customization, you will be able to add scratches, mud on your tank and change the place of equipment. Also we’re planning to add more details to our maps. There will be more destructible objects together with new physics.
What will happen with my T30 camouflage once the T110 will be released?
- The camouflage will stay on the T30.
Can you tell something about the draw statistics?
- The number of draws is equal to approximately 1.7% on NA. Approximately 76% of draws happen because of time, 23.4% because of simultaneous base capture and 0.6% because of destruction of vehicles in both teams. All maps have approximately similar amount of draws. Yes, it is called by players ‘Campinovka’
Are there any plans to nerf the E-75? It’s currently over performing, IMO.
- There are no such plans at this moment in time.
Have you ever planned to add flamethrower tanks or Rocket Artillery?
- Flamethrower tanks would have ‘heavy’ effects for the current version of client and engine, so we have concluded that we will not add them. Rocket Artillery is planned as one of the possible ‘commander consumables’ on clan wars (the Artillery strike, which comes from ‘outside’)
For how long after the destruction, the light tank will be receiving credits and XP for highlighted enemies?
- For 10 seconds, if enemies will be hit once hidden or highlighted by another tank.
Here you have a few pictures of the brand new ST-1 which will be released after the 7.2 update: