Last updated: 14.01.2014
- By personal data, we refer to data that, on its own or in combination with other information, can be used to identify you. Personal data are your name, your address, your telephone number and also your e-mail address, if it contains references to your name. Other information, which by itself cannot be used to identify you, like your age, gender or game preferences, does not qualify as personal data.
- We may collect personal data as well as other information when you use the following services:
- Our websites, including http://worldoftanks.eu, http://worldofwarplanes.eu, http://www.worldofwarships.eu, http://wargaming.net and any other Wargaming sites on which this Policy is posted (the "Sites").
- Your creation and use of a Wargaming account on any of the Sites (an "Account"). For more information on Accounts and how to create an Account please see our Terms of Service.
- Your use of any of our online and mobile games including, but not limited to, "World of Tanks", "World of Warplanes" and "World of Warships" (the "Games"). Your use of each Game will be subject to the End User Licence Agreement (the "EULA") and the game rules (the "Game Rules") in respect of that Game. You can find links to the EULA and the Game Rules for our Games in our Terms of Service.
Your use of any of the forums that we operate for the Games (the "Games Forums"). Your use of any of the Games Forums will be subject to the rules and guidelines applicable to the Games Forums (the "Forum Rules"). The Forum Rules are set out at
World of Tanks:
World of Warplanes:
and form part of Terms of Service.
- Your use of any of our other products and services (including support services) which may be accessible via a third party platform, web application or social networking service (together the "Ancillary Services").
In this Policy we refer to the Sites, the Account, the Games and the Ancillary Services together as the "Services".
- Please read this Policy carefully. If you wish to create an Account on any of our Sites, you will need to accept our Terms of Service and this Policy
2. Who we are
Wargaming Public Company Limited,
105, Agion Omologiton Avenue,
("Wargaming", "we", "our" and "us").
We respect your right to privacy and will only process personal information you provide to us in accordance with applicable privacy laws.
3. Information we may collect from you
When you use the Services we may collect the following categories of data:
When you create an Account, we collect and process the following “Account Data”:
- Your first name and last name, your gender, date of birth, e-mail address, telephone number, social network ID and user name and password. You may also choose to provide some other optional information about you.
When you use the Services, we may collect and process the following “Tracking Data”:
- Location information associated with your IP address when you visit our Sites or use a Game.
- Information relating to your use of our Services including, but not limited to, information about when and how you use the Services and data traffic and recordings of the parts of the screen you click on while using our Services (so called “clickstreams”).
- Log files and statistics in relation to actions taken on our Sites and in the Games.
- Technical information about any device that you use when you visit the Sites or use a Game, including your Media Access Control (MAC), Unique Device Identifier (UDID) or equivalent device identifier, your IP address and the browser you are using.
When you use the Services, we may collect and process the following “Content Data”:
- Information that you post in any of the Games Forums.
- Information sent through the "game-chat" functionality in the Games,
- Information you provide when you request information or support from us or purchase a product or service from us, including information necessary to process your orders with the relevant payment merchant which may include the amount of any transaction, but will not include your financial information which will only be submitted directly to the payment merchant under secure protocols.
- Information other than the Account Data you provide to us when participating in competitions, contests and tournaments and responding to surveys.
- Information relating to your profiles on social networking sites in order to allow integration with such social networking sites.
- A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that a website places on your computer or device when you visit a website. You were given the opportunity to consent using cookies as you entered our Sites (to get this far, you have already either consented or opted out of their use). If you have opted out, we only store one permanent ‘compliance' cookie which tells us that you want to opt out of use of any other cookies. For more information about cookies, we recommend that you visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
- The cookies that are used on the Sites fall into the categories described below. These descriptions can help you determine if and how you would like to interact with our Sites and other online services:
- Strictly necessary cookies
These cookies are essential in order to enable you to navigate the Sites and use certain features. Without these strictly necessary cookies, the online services provided by the Sites cannot be provided.
- Performance cookies
Our performance cookies collect anonymous information about how you use the Sites and their features. For instance, our performance cookies collect information about which pages on the Sites are visited most often, which advertisements you view or interact with on the Sites or other websites on which our advertisements appears and if you receive any error messages.
In addition, the coding language the Sites are written in uses session cookies. These are deleted each time you close your browser. These cookies do not store any information about the visitor once the browser is closed.
- Analytics cookies
Furthermore you can prevent Google’s collection and use of data (cookies and IP address) by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available under https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en-GB.
Further information can be found under http://www.google.com/analytics/terms/gb.html (Google Analytics Terms of Service & Privacy). Please note that on the Sites of Wargaming, Google Analytics code is supplemented by “gat._anonymizeIp();” to ensure an anonymized collection of IP addresses (so called IP-masking).
Also, you can prevent Google Analytics to collect such data on behalf of Wargaming by clicking on the following link:
- The Sites may use other similar analytics cookies. These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use the Sites. The information is collected anonymously, and used to report on the number of visitors to the Sites, where they have come from, and the pages they have visited.
- Functionality cookies
Functionality cookies are used to remember choices you make (such as language preference, country location, or other online settings) and collect anonymous information.
- Targeting or advertising cookies
Third-party targeted advertising cookies may be placed on your device by third-party advertisers, ad networks, data exchanges, marketing analytics and other service providers.
Third-party targeted advertising cookies collect information about your browsing activity across multiple websites and online services in order to provide you with relevant advertisements on the websites and online services of third parties. Ad networks may share this information with the advertisers using their network. The information collected using these third-party advertising cookies does not identify you personally.We use third party advertising services the list of which you can find at http://worldoftanks.eu/en/content/docs/disclosure. You can opt out from their services via the instructions and/or links available at their websites or by contacting them directly.
5. How we use your information
- We may use the information that you provide to us or that we collect about you for the following purposes:
- Provision of services:
- Account Data, Tracking Data and Content Data may be collected and processed by us to provide you with the Services that you request from us and to perform the EULA and Terms of Service accepted by you. Data collected for that purpose will only be kept as long as necessary to provide the requested Services.
- Detect, investigate and prevent activities that may be illegal, or that may violate the Terms of Service or Forum Rules, or that may violate the EULA or Game Rules in respect of any of the Games. Data collected for that purpose will only be kept for a maximum duration of six month after the Account closure.
- Creation of additional promotion and advertising and creation of user profiles:
When asked for your consent to our Policy, you consent to the use of your personal data for the following purposes:
- We may use the e-mail address registered to your Account to provide you with information about products and services similar and/or connected to our Services that you request from us.
- We may use Tracking Data to monitor, improve, or modify the Services and our operations.
- We may create profiles by connecting your Account Data with your Tracking Data (“Personal User Profiles”) for purposes of improving, or modifying the Services and our operations and for our own promotions, advertising and market research.
- To provide you with services you request from us as well as for other purposes named above we use third party services the list of which you can find at http://worldoftanks.eu/en/content/docs/disclosure.
- You may at all times opt out from your consent to the use of data as prescribed in para. 5.3.1 - 5.3.2. However, this will make some of the features of our Services unavailable to you.
- To opt out, simply send an e-mail from the e-mail address registered to your Account to firstname.lastname@example.org
- To opt out from our e-mail delivery, please, follow the unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each e-mail you received from us.
6. Sharing your information
- We will not share your personal information with anyone else unless in the following limited circumstances:
- To the extent that we are required to do so by applicable law, by a governmental body or by a law enforcement agency, or for crime prevention purposes.
- Where necessary to enforce the Terms of Service or Forum Rules, or the EULA or Game Rules in respect of any of the Games, to provide you with Services you request from us, to protect the safety of our users and third parties, to protect our rights and property and the rights and property of other users and third parties, or in other cases if we believe in good faith that disclosure is required by law.
- We may share anonymous information, i.e. information without any of your personal data, and aggregated information (meaning information about groups and categories of users, including game statistics and behaviour, but which does not identify and that cannot reasonably be used to identify any individual user) with our advertising partners. We may also allow our advertisers to collect anonymous information and aggregated information within the Services and they may then share that information with us. Our advertisers may collect this information through the use of tracking technologies like cookies and web beacons. This enables our advertisers to develop and deliver targeted advertising in the Services and on the websites of third parties, so that they can try to serve you with advertisements for products and services that are most likely to be of interest to you. Advertisers will also use this information to monitor, improve, or modify their operations.
We recognise that we have a special obligation to protect personal information obtained from children. We will not knowingly collect personal information from any child without parental consent. For the purpose of this Policy, a child means any individual who is under the age of 14 (or the minimum legal age to consent to the collection and processing of personal information where this is higher under applicable law).
- We take reasonable precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. Our employees, contractors and agents may be given access to your personal information which we collect, but their use shall be limited to the performance of their duties in relation to facilitating your use of the Services. Our employees, contractors and agents who have access to your personal information are required to keep that information confidential and are not permitted to use it for any purposes other than those listed above or to deal with requests which you submit to us.
- We have implemented all reasonable technical, administrative and physical security measures to protect the security of your information.
9. Third party sites
10. Your choices
In addition to your opt-out rights under section 5.3, you may exercise the following choices:
- You may ask us to provide you with copies of the personal information that we hold about you at any time.
- You may ask us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal information that we hold about you.
If you wish to exercise any of these choices, then please contact us at email@example.com. If you ask us to delete personal information about you then we may retain an archived copy of this information if required to do so by law.
11. Changes to this Policy
We may change this Policy from time to time for various reasons such as changes to reflect in law and regulation, changes in industry practices and technological developments. In case you have a registered Account, you will be notified of any changes of this Policy via e-mail to the e-mail address related to your Account. The latest version of this Policy will always be available on the Sites. Any new version of this Policy shall take effect (i) immediately upon the date of your receipt of the notification e-mail where the changes to this Policy relate to non-material changes which do not reduce your rights; or (ii) no less than thirty (30) days after your receipt of the notification e-mail where the changes to this Policy potentially reduce your rights; or (iii) in case you do not have a registered Account, the moment they are uploaded to our Services.
12. Questions and comments
If you have any questions or comments about this Policy, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.