This page was last updated on 27 February 2014.
Details about the next update of World of Tanks will be added to this page as they become available.
The current version is 8.11, and you can read the full release notes on the dedicated page.
Version 9.0 will include these exciting new features:
- Historical battles - a new game mode featuring battles that will only involve the historical vehicles and according module settings from the particular battle. There will be three historical battles in the release: the Battle of Kursk, the Lake Balaton Offensive (also known as Operation Spring Awakening) and the Battle of the Bulge.
- New PBS (Physically based shading) – this feature offers a more realistic and detailed display of various surfaces, including metal, wood, paint, rock, etc.
- The following reworked tank models:
- USSR: Т-34-85, IS and Т-54.
- Germany: Panther, Tiger I and Maus.
- U.S.A.: M4 Sherman, M18 Hellcat and M103.
- U.K.: Churchill I, Centurion Mk. 7/1 and Tortoise.
- The blowing off of a tank’s turret when its ammo rack detonates.
- The animation of a tank’s suspension as it is affected by different terrain.
- Balancing corrections for the following maps: Serene Coast, Pearl River, Malinovka, Severogorsk.
- A new window created for graphical settings.
- Remastered soundtracks.
If you want to see other upcoming changes that our developers are working on for this year, you can have a look at the Developer Diary video series!